Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
If it is a t1e style I don't think it will look scale no matter what you do to it....

... bring on them pics
I don't know, a roof rack, a light bar, a sleeping bag or three, and a driver!

Might be one of the sickest rock bouncers in a G6.

X2 on the pics.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
A easy rule of thumb is to ask yourself; Is it scale? A bodiless chassis with the mandatory scale items, to me, may look pretty damn scale. I've seen a bunch of 1:1 buggy's that would fit that description!

Scale it out & post pics! I say rock dat sh!t!!!!

Your absolutely correct!

Watching this rig in the Terra X race will be SICK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
If it is a t1e style I don't think it will look scale no matter what you do to it.....but I'm not in charge

Can't wait to see you prove me wrong bring on them pics
No its not a T1E chassis, its a UGC fastback 2 chassis. I was beaten to the punch on it though. NITROOXIDE (FastWraithBack 2) did it before me so I guess im kinda copying him now. Mine right now is sitting on the workbench waiting to finish up links and the motor and esc to come in. Mine will be quite a bit different in power than a 35T Tekin motor and it will have panels on it for sure and a set of TSL/SX swampers or some severly cut R35 ripsaws on it.
What other scale item (1 or 2) could i add to make it legal. Its already got scale DANA 60 axles on it. I wish that was enough. That UGC chassis is extremely tight. its like trying to cram 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

Just read the G6 homecoming thread and wondered if my setup would be considered the AR60 MODIFIED class?

Last edited by donhd04; 07-16-2012 at 11:11 AM.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

anyone have pics of the courses or obstacles yet? just curious.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

it wont be setup until a day or 2 before the event...

but heres some scouting pics ive taken and some pics of the rc orvpark..

superlifts rc orv pictures by jah6580 - Photobucket
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Scouting pics look awesome !! Can't wait for it to get here ! Thought I saw some nasty looking water in one of those pics...LOL

Edit that... I just signed up and bought my ticket...lol... So will I need to print anything off to bring to the competition to prove I payed n stuff?

Last edited by mjc597; 07-16-2012 at 12:43 PM.
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
it wont be setup until a day or 2 before the event...

but heres some scouting pics ive taken and some pics of the rc orvpark..

superlifts rc orv pictures by jah6580 - Photobucket
sweet pics. That looks like it would be worth a 10 hr drive for me. Hell get em to throw up a bounty on showtime hill for us rc guys. Full length. talk about death of a rc truck if it rolled backward off of though. Im gettin super stoked over this. I gotta get my sh*t together for sure now.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc597
Scouting pics look awesome !! Can't wait for it to get here ! Thought I saw some nasty looking water in one of those pics...LOL

Edit that... I just signed up and bought my ticket...lol... So will I need to print anything off to bring to the competition to prove I payed n stuff?
I found what I was looking for, the app doesn't work with my iPhone, but I'm gonna get the ticket printed off this week.. Then I'm good to go.. Can't wait.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
No its not a T1E chassis, its a UGC fastback 2 chassis. I was beaten to the punch on it though. NITROOXIDE (FastWraithBack 2) did it before me so I guess im kinda copying him now. Mine right now is sitting on the workbench waiting to finish up links and the motor and esc to come in. Mine will be quite a bit different in power than a 35T Tekin motor and it will have panels on it for sure and a set of TSL/SX swampers or some severly cut R35 ripsaws on it.
What other scale item (1 or 2) could i add to make it legal. Its already got scale DANA 60 axles on it. I wish that was enough. That UGC chassis is extremely tight. its like trying to cram 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

Just read the G6 homecoming thread and wondered if my setup would be considered the AR60 MODIFIED class?
Heck ya, the axles will count as a scale item, the tow strap is mandatory, but we will have official limited edition G6 tow straps for this event.

Just make sure you have all mandatory scale items for this event. One of my favorite is a 1/4"x1/4" piece of aluminum folded to look like a space blanket. (great item, TREE) It takes up no space and weights nothing!

Quote:
anyone have pics of the courses or obstacles yet? just curious.
One of the adventure aspects of a RECON G6 Challenge, hmmm, what do I have instore for this event? I quess ya'll gonna just have to show up & see. I will tell you that there will be several "first time" challenges that are going to take place.

Now the question is; Will they be Driver Challenges or Driving Challenges or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc597 View Post

The G-Crew will have the intel for those that pay thru Eventbrite. Signing up early saves some cheddar, but signing up the day of the event is also acceptable.

I agree, after seeing the scouting pics, I'm so effing stoked! The last time I got to play in the woods was with my good friend, ROCKEDUP RICKY. ( hmmm, if that sentence is read the wrong way, would it be area appropriate?) Which was at the '10 Nats in Disney, OK.

Quote:
sweet pics. That looks like it would be worth a 10 hr drive for me. Hell get em to throw up a bounty on showtime hill for us rc guys. Full length. talk about death of a rc truck if it rolled backward off of though. Im gettin super stoked over this. I gotta get my sh*t together for sure now.
Be careful what you ask for, I've been know to grant wishes with extra pepper on them!

I can tell you that the gang at the Superlift ORV Park is already completed tasks and working on others that I have asked for. They are just as stoked as we, the G-Crew and Drivers are!

The Terra-X race will be a "must drive in" event. That is why everyone who enters the Superlift Southern Showdown G6 receives one entry in the Terra-X.

Good luck and God Speed to all Drivers who will earn the title of "G6'er" after this event.

See ya'll soon!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

The G-Train is stacking cars.

On board so far;

If you want on board the G-Train, ring the conductor; drivnmf@hotmail.com

We're G6'n and YOU know IT!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

How many entries do you think you'll get? I know 4 from our local crawling club are planning on being there for the g6 adventurist class..
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc597 View Post
How many entries do you think you'll get? I know 4 from our local crawling club are planning on being there for the g6 adventurist class..

No matter how many entries we get, we are going to have FUN!

3 or 300, the G-Crew puts on the same great event; I quarooonteeeee!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Uh oh, the G-Train is growing...

Welcome aboard, PLE!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Oh my, the G-Train is rollin', rollin', rollin', and hopping on board like a hobo in the night...

Welcome aboard, Pull Pal!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

And keeping the G-Train rolling down the tracks and G6'ers rolling through G6 Stages is none other than...

Welcome aboard, Fast Eddy Bearings.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Nice! Would appear as if it's scaling up to be one hell of a time. For some reason I can't buy a ticket on my iPad. Tomorrow work I will get the deed done. Need to get a winch by the looks of it!
jshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Oh MY, it's G-Train time.

Help me welcome the Official Tire of the RECON G6 Challenge and on board the G-Train headed to the Superlift Southern Showdown G6...

Put the bite in traction, Pitbull Tires have helped me drive lines that others have to pull cable to follow!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshull View Post
Nice! Would appear as if it's scaling up to be one hell of a time. For some reason I can't buy a ticket on my iPad. Tomorrow work I will get the deed done. Need to get a winch by the looks of it!

Nice & thank you & yes sir, it's gonna set the rocks on fire at the Superlift ORV Park.

A winch is very useful and sand ramps are one of the most useful scale items you can carry on your G-Ride (scaler).
Old 07-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

On board the G-Train headed South is a supporter that keeps G6'ers writing in their driver log books by suppling pens to G6'ers...

If you live in Sacramento, CA or the surrounding area, go see them to keep your boat out on the water providing hours of recreation.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Nice & thank you & yes sir, it's gonna set the rocks on fire at the Superlift ORV Park.

A winch is very useful and sand ramps are one of the most useful scale items you can carry on your G-Ride (scaler).
We're working on it, rules don't really say so can kcrc share a sand ramp? Will we all be running together in a group?
jshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshull View Post
We're working on it, rules don't really say so can kcrc share a sand ramp? Will we all be running together in a group?

Hell yeah. Helping each other get through a stage is one of the best parts of the adventure and is the best way to get through a stage.

The Ultra Drivers are only allowed to get help from other Ultra Drivers, if none are around, they must self recover.

All other classes may help each other and are encouraged to do so. Sharing sand ramps is a perfect example; just as long as they're put back on a rig when everyone is finished using them.

Feel free to ask anymore questions. If I can't answer them, we have some experienced G6'ers that have plenty of stage knowledge that can answer most questions.

RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge & Rock Riot "Cantina for the Con" DRIVNMF Recon G6 166 10-01-2012 05:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM