Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

found what i was looking for a couple replies up the page.. yeah i know..not having steering while winching could be sketchy..lol...
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

very sketchy...

you may have to use the winch to hold your rig on the hillside to make a gate..then how would you steer thru it??

this event is gonna challenge driver skill and usage of all your equipment..
maybe all at once..??
who knows..hehe
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Parker has a "self recovery" winch obstacle that is a fly reel connected to a piece of rebar stuck in the ground. in order to use it you have to "reel" your truck and steer at the same time to avoid any obstacles. i think you need to steer while winching.

some guys are using an on/off switch to compensate for the drift in there servo winches. they reach down and turn the switch on when needed and control it with their radio 3rd channel. maybe you can control it seperately with an external 3 position switch wired in. i was working on this but didn't need it anymore so i stopped before getting too involved.

remember you do have a penalty winch and sometimes taking the penalty is the fastest way for recovery. driving smart is still the key to being crowned "Driver of the Day" when it's all over.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

Thanks Mike for finding out for me i cant wait for the G6
grapeaperacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #65
RCC Addict

I think this is a great excuse to try and convince my wife I need to get a bunch of new parts for my Wraith. Then, how to convince her that I need to fly from Raleigh to Little Rock to go camping and race.

So, if I flew to Little Rock and got a rental car, could the rental car actually make it to the place in the park we'll be comping?
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

yes,its all paved road up to the entrance of the park,then its a regular gravel lot and roads.

and everything will be close by the main lot, so if any travel else where is needed,you will be taken care of.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Ok, now how to convince my wife I need to spend money on travel and then money on upgrades. We all know, it's no fun to go play if your toy isn't up to snuff
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Went back and looked at a few gorilla run videos from madram11 and got another spark of inspiration to get off my butt and get things done to my rig. Also have a hunch that rickyb from Ricky B Photography - Motorsports Photography and another famous youtuber may be making the trip to G6 southern showdown. Nothing in stone yet.
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

nice..the more the merrier!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Eventbrite shows N/A for Wraith/2.2 class. Is this the initial cost tickets are is this sold out already?
corkysk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #71
Rock Crawler

Bump.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

dunno corky..ill get in touch with parker(he's at the rubicon now).

you can sign up the day of the event at the park tho.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkysk8 View Post
Eventbrite shows N/A for Wraith/2.2 class. Is this the initial cost tickets are is this sold out already?
never seen a G6 have a limit on any class and we are been here sence the start
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
dunno corky..ill get in touch with parker(he's at the rubicon now).

you can sign up the day of the event at the park tho.
Thanks for checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan w View Post
never seen a G6 have a limit on any class and we are been here sence the start
Thanks.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #75

Quick question, 7 scale items? include snatch blocks tow strap etc right?
hunting items as a rifle and? would ax or something be comsidered one?
And Where to camp or stay? sorry about the noob questions
gdirtbike702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdirtbike702 View Post
Quick question, 7 scale items? include snatch blocks tow strap etc right?
hunting items as a rifle and? would ax or something be comsidered one?

right..

Superlift ORV Park in Hotsprings, Arkansas
camp at the park or
follow the links on the website.
or google hot springs,arkansas for hotels nearby.

read..

- A scale bag; ie trash-a-roo, burlap, hefty, is mandatory and will be used.
- Three scale hunting items are mandatory. This could include hunting gear or game. "example- rifle,walkie talkie,deer.."
- A minimum of 7 scale items is mandatory. This does not include the mandatory hunting items.

so all together 10 scale items..
Old 09-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdirtbike702 View Post
Hot Springs is a tourist town, so there's tons of hotel rooms.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

went on a little trail run getting ready for the g6 with our local group...thought i'ld post this shot up of my yota doing what we do...LOL.. they were calling it the blue duck..

we got video of it through one of the deeper mudholes..didn't miss a beat..i'll try n get the clip...
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
right..

Superlift ORV Park in Hotsprings, Arkansas
camp at the park or
follow the links on the website.
or google hot springs,arkansas for hotels nearby.

read..

- A scale bag; ie trash-a-roo, burlap, hefty, is mandatory and will be used.
- Three scale hunting items are mandatory. This could include hunting gear or game. "example- rifle,walkie talkie,deer.."
- A minimum of 7 scale items is mandatory. This does not include the mandatory hunting items.

so all together 10 scale items..

Im from Las Vegas, NV and just moved out to oklaHOMO for awhile, so i dont know much and this seems different than most West Coast Comps, So Thanks ROLANDROCKSHOP A Cage, Dog, Rifle will work.
gdirtbike702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

looks like your waterproofing is G6 ready. Parker won't run you in water that deep but close. if you are in deeper it is a driving error and you need to "rethink your line driver". my "submarine" waterproofing is for the bad decisions i make on course. i'd rather drive a line than use the tow strap or winch and thats where it starts.

ya'll are gonna drive lines you wouldn't think of trying if Parker didn't set them, and have so much fun doing it, you won't be able to wait for the next one. man i wish i were going, i need a side trip to Stuttgart to see my duck calling friends.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge & Rock Riot "Cantina for the Con" DRIVNMF Recon G6 166 10-01-2012 05:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM