Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

Ok, where the heck do I even start. Without a doubt that was the most fun I have ever had with an RC. Parker is an evil genius when it comes to setting gates and played hell on us. Stage one was a brutal course that put you in the thick of the Arkansas woods,creeks and up huge hills. I started the carnage early in the day when both of my rear leaf springs broke 10 minutes after I started. Fixed and off and running I made quick work of the next 70 gates thanks to RolandRockShop"josh". 10 gates from the finish I lost the gears in my trans and broke a front drive shaft. Luckily Corky was there and pulled me to the end of the stage to the sled pull. My truck managed to pull the sled an astounding nowhere.

The terra-x was next and I have to say, was probably the most fun I had the whole day. I broke two driveshafts and lost a servo in the heat races, but thanks to Bert I got a new shaft for the wraith and won the 1.9 and 2.2 mains. After that I had to put Parker's "big girl panties" to good use and found one of them there big ole Superlift ORV Park hills and put it to the test, I think Parker had a good time with that one and be sure to ask him about Showtime Hill.

Finally the night stage was set and the fun was about to begin. I broke no less than 4 drive shafts and ended up having to take the walk of shame. Regardless, it was the best time of my life and I can't wait to do it again. I'm on the edge of my seat and I am looking forward to the next G6 within driving distance. Hell, I might even have to take a plane ride to get my G6 fix. Parker, I can't thank you enough for the hard work and effort you and your daughter put into this, it takes a special kind of crazy to do what you do. You will be seeing me again that's for sure.

Last edited by jeepinkid83; 10-01-2012 at 09:44 AM.
jeepinkid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #202
Jerry's RC Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinkid83 View Post
Ok, where the heck do I even start. Without a doubt that was the most fun I have ever had with an RC. Parker is an evil genius when it comes to setting gates and played hell on us. Stage one was a brutal course that put you in the thick of the Arkansas woods,creeks and up huge hills. I started the carnage early in the day when both of my rear leaf springs broke 10 minutes after I started. Fixed and off and running I made quick work of the next 70 gates thanks to RolandRockShop"josh". 10 gates from the finish I lost the gears in my trans and broke a front drive shaft. Luckily Corky was there and pulled me to the end of the stage to the sled pull. My truck managed to pull the sled an astounding nowhere.

The terra-x was next and I have to say, was probably the most fun I had the whole day. I broke two driveshafts and lost a servo in the heat races, but thanks to Bert I got a new shaft for the wraith and won the 1.9 and 2.2 mains. After that I had to put Parker's "big girl panties" to good use and found one of them there big ole Superlift ORV Park hills and put it to the test, I think Parker had a good time with that one and be sure to ask him about Showtime Hill.

Finally the night stage was set and the fun was about to begin. I broke no less than 4 drive shafts and ended up having to take the walk of shame. Regardless, it was the best time of my life and I can't wait to do it again. I'm on the edge of my seat and I am looking forward to the next G6 within driving distance. Hell, I might even have to take a plane ride to get my G6 fix. Parker, I can't thank you enough for the hard work and effort you and your daughter put into this, it takes a special kind of crazy to do what you do. You will be seeing me again that's for sure.
The next one is in sparks, nv Parker's back yard. You got 2 weeks.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

10 4 thats !!2 weeks you can do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #204
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
Rock Park is a great spot but i say save your money for Pyramid Lake,NV.
Parker says we're going back to the most awesome G6 terrain out there and we will swim with the "Water Babies" this time.

sounds like ya'll had a great time with Parkers madness.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

Who won the bounty hill?
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #206
I wanna be Dave

too many pics to post...
so here's the link...
enjoy!

G6 superlift showdown 2012 pictures by jah6580 - Photobucket
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

eddie from crawler innovations won the 2.2 bounty hill climb with his foff rig.

a 1st timer with a bone stock honcho won the 1.9 hill climb..
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

that stocker climbed that hill like it was it's business !!
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #209
Pebble Pounder

hay dan went

hi its rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #210
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its rick View Post
hay dan went

VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #211
RCC Addict

How many people showed up?
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #212
I wanna be Dave

@15 drivers showed up..

great times...

those who didnt come missed out...
best $50 ive EVER spent at an rc event..
didnt have to stand around for 45min to drive 5min..

i drove my rig @5 hours..day/night and terra-x races.....
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #213
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi its rick View Post
hay dan went

That magic smoke was Compliments of my Vw Terra-X racer
grapeaperacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #214
RCC Addict

Wish I could have made it. My twin daughter's birthday party was Sunday. There would have been repercussions had I not been there.....
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #215
I wanna be Dave

The G-Crew made it home safe. We were sad to leave our new G6 Family members. I wish I could win the lottery, because the drivers that attended the Superlift Southern Showdown G6 would go to every G6!

What a great group of drivers that earned the title "G6er".

A full recap with results is coming up jus as soon as my road savvy ass regains feeling!

For now, thanks to everyone who was part of the South's first RECON G6 Challenge.

-Parker
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #216
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
eddie from crawler innovations won the 2.2 bounty hill climb with his foff rig.
Oh Damn, congrats Eddie!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:44 AM   #217
Rock Stacker

i cant wait till next years G6! Parker is crazy as hell and puts on an awesome event!
HONCHO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #218
I wanna be Dave

parker talking about charlie's driving..

G6 parker.. - YouTube
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #219
I wanna be Dave

video..

for some reason my camera decided it wasnt gonna record the footage i wa taking during the 1st half
of the G6..
yeah..
i got sick when i saw the video's werent on the sd card...
not much i can do but make shure it doesnt happen at the next one

Last edited by ROLANDROCKSHOP; 10-07-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #220
Metal shaper

Man, really sad I missed out on this. I'm starting a build now that I gonna be purpose built for TTC and G6 events. 2013 is gonna be the year for making events.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge & Rock Riot "Cantina for the Con" DRIVNMF Recon G6 166 10-01-2012 05:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM