Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

RECON Crawlers

presents the

Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Challenge

&

Outlaw Terra-X Race

ALLLLL ABOARD! The G-Train is gearing up for a super adventure. To be exact, a Superlift adventure that is sure to have every scale enthusiast ready for biscuits, gravy, and a RECON G6 Challenge.

Superlift Suspension Systems has boarded the G-Train and is bringing the G-Crew to Hot Springs, Arkansas to host the first annual Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Challenge & Outlaw Terra-X race at America’s premiere off-road vehicle park, SuperliftORVPark.

What is a RECON G6 Challenge? It is a one of kind, r/c scale adventure that tests a driver’s ability and their scaler or G-Ride’s capability. Add in specific driving challenges, driver challenges, and a night stage and what you get is pure family fun. Drivers or “G6’ers” navigate a stage that is marked with yellow & red trail markers; always keeping the red trail marker on your right hand side, keeps G6’ers heading in the correct direction of the stage. There are several classes available so a driver can sign up for a class that fits their driving style. Along the way, adventure comes in many shapes and sizes and varied terrain.

The Superlift Outlaw Terra-X Race is not your typical r/c race. Named after the infamous F45 five diamond trail at the SuperliftORVPark, a variety of track obstacles and constant changing track conditions, results in a highly spectatable event that is off the charts fun to drive. Roland Rockshop, Arkansas’s r/c rock crawling specialty shop, will be the race director and timing for the Outlaw Terra-X race. In the South’s first ever Terra-X race, do as Roland Rockshop says, “…wear your scars like medals…”

Everyone at Superlift, and every G6’er wants to see you, September 29 & 30, 2012, getting your scaler fix, at the Superlift Southern Showdown G6!

Superlift Southern Showdown Itinerary

Saturday Sept. 29th

0900hrs – G6 Stage 1 Tech / Staging / Start
1230hrs – Outlaw Terra-X Registration / Track open for Practice
1300hrs – Outlaw Terra-X Race
1700hrs – G6 Pot Luck Dinner
2000hrs – G6 Stage 2 Tech / Staging / Start
2230hrs – G6 Stage 2 Closed

Sunday Sept. 30th

0730hrs – Pancake Breakfast Award Ceremony

Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Intel

What – Superlift Southern Showdown G6.
Where – SuperliftORVParkHot Springs, Arkansas When – September 29 / 30, 2012
Why - We're G6'n and you know it!
Lodging - Superlift ORV Park in Hotsprings, Arkansas

G-Fee / Registration – Superlift Southern Showdown G6 & Outlaw Terra-X Race - Eventbrite

Note: The G-Fee includes one free entry in the Terra-X Race.

Registration will begin on July 10, 2012. Registering early is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

July 15th thru August 1st - $50.00
August 1st thru September 15th - $55.00
September 16th to day of event - $65.00

Tech Time - Saturday 28th, 0900hrs

Drivers Meeting – Will begin immediately after tech.

Stage 1 Start Time – Will follow the National Anthem.

Stage 2 Start Time – Saturday night, 2000hrs

Exact Stage Locations-will be announced 72hrs prior to Stage 1 start time.

Classes

- Adventurist – 1.9 tire class where adventure and a walking pace will get you thru a stage. Time is running, but you don’t need to be, because if you finish too early, the break out time penalty may set you back in time. Driver & Driving Challenges await every Adventurist which makes this the most popular class in the G6.

- Ultra Driver – 1.9 tire class for drivers who have the need for speed. This is not for the quick winded G6’er. The Ultra Driver earns the title every G6. There is no time limit, but what an Ultra Driver faces in not for everyone.

- Wraith / 2.2 Class – A class for Wraiths or drivers running 2.2 tires on their scaler. This class is the same as the Adventurist. Walking at your own pace is highly recommended.

- G6 Team Class – This class is for two drivers who share one scaler. Each driver is responsible for driving half of each stage. This is an ideal class for husbands & wives or sharing the G6 experience with a friend or a great way to introduce your son or daughter to the G6 lifestyle.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-15-2012 at 10:29 AM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

G6 Intel

- A tow strap is mandatory and will be used.

- 1.9 and 2.2 tires must meet G6 scale tire guidelines.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Sand ramps are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A spare tire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A scale bag; ie trash-a-roo, burlap, hefty, is mandatory and will be used.
- Three scale hunting items are mandatory. This could include hunting gear or game.
- A minimum of 7 scale items is mandatory. This does not include the mandatory hunting items.
- Lights are not mandatory, but highly recommended. As many lights on your scaler (G-Ride) as you would like. One headlamp per driver and one light may be attached to a driver’s controller.
- A good ole' helping of fried squirrel, rabbit, or frog legs are not mandatory to bring to G-Central, but highly recommended.
- A blaze orange hat is not mandatory, but highly recommended and must be worn during Stage 1 of the Superlift Southern Showdown G6.
- Bringing a pot luck dish is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

2012 RECON G6 Rules and Guidelines can be found here;
http://reconcrawlers.com/forum/showthread.php?176-2012-RECON-G6-Challenge-Guidelines-and-Rules&p=1028&viewfull=1#post1028

Stage Preview

- Stage 1 will consist of 300+/- trail markers. The terrain will vary and any clear dirt (water) will be kept scale.

- Stage 2 will take a G6’er through the still of the Arkansas night. Some areas may be squatchy.

The Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Challenge will have a pot luck dinner. I encourage everyone to bring a pot luck dish and take part in a G6 ritual of eating and swapping stage stories and then sending G6’ers off on a night stage.

Tradition has to start somewhere. Come join us for the South’s first RECON G6 Challenge and experience scale adventure at its finest, but don’t take my word for it, G6’ers say it best…

Off the chains, Parker, OFF THE FRIKEN CHAINS, Parker. Most fun I have had…” – halfcab.

“…it truly is something you don’t want to miss out on, talk about drive time and excitement it doesn't get any better than this. What the G6 crew does for crawling is insane and i can’t ever remember having that much fun ever at any event.” – rcjunky.

“After 30 years of RC, never have I had so much fun…” – Thom K

“…epic weekend of crazy crawling madness, you guys have turned me into a G6 nut…” – Ty@Tekin

The G-Train is headed South, stay tuned to see who is on board or to inquire about at a boarding pass to get on the G-Train contact drivnmf@gmail.com

The Superlift Outlaw Terra-X Race

You can’t go down south and not race. That’s like going to the lake on a hot day and not getting wet. Terra-X is not your typical race. It’s like supermoto meets endurocross which equals pure fun.

If you like to go fast and want bragging rights, then gear up for the Outlaw Terra-X Race. Roland Rockshop will be helping the G-Crew give every Terra-X racer the most race time by providing corner marshals. Racer can race and the crowds can cheer, because there will be 4 classes of Terra-X action.

Classes:
- EXO Terra Buggy Class – 2s battery only.
- Wraith Class – no battery restrictions
- SCX10 Class – no battery restrictions; 1.9 tires (2.2 tires need 5 to make a class or will race in the Wraith Class)
- Short Course Truck – Open Class; 2wd/4wd; 2s battery only.

Heats will be 5 minutes long.
Mains will be 10 minutes long.
Number of heats and mains will be set race on day.

Come get your scaler fix, in the Superlift Southern Showdown G6!

Directions to the Superlift Southern Showdown & Outlaw Terra-X;

Sacramento, California; http://binged.it/LXWN9Y

Omaha, Nebraska; http://binged.it/MYurRE

Tullahoma, Tenneessee; http://binged.it/LXXcJH

Teutopolis, Illinois; http://binged.it/LXXuAc

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X"

OH MY!!! The "South" will never be the same!!!

I can't wait to see this neck of the woods!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

heck yea!!!

i cant wait to get my g6 fix!!

the south wont be the same after this event!!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
heck yea!!!

You don't even know the half of it my man, most fun you will have all year driving your little trucks

Ps, MAKE SURE you waterproof your rigs if there is water available Parker will have you in it more than once if he can

Wish I could travel for this one
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Waterproofing is not "Mandatory" but Highly RECOMENDED!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

CHOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have to sell my body to afford this one!!!!!!
Any takers?, anyone......

There is nothing like walking at night through the Squachy Woods of the South!.
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
heck yea!!!

Oh yeah! I can't tell you how amped I am for this G6. I've been telling B-Rad that I need some woods to set a G6 Stage and that's what we have at the Superlift ORV Park. It's gonna be awwwnn in September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
You don't even know the half of it my man, most fun you will have all year driving your little trucks

Ps, MAKE SURE you waterproof your rigs if there is water available Parker will have you in it more than once if he can

Wish I could travel for this one
What? Yes, fun is what we do best and we wish you could travel to this one too, but waterproof your rig, C'mon MAN. A litter clear dirt never hurt a G-Ride, but if I find some good ole Arkasas mud, better do what Hi-C says and "Stomp and Steer"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Waterproofing is not "Mandatory" but Highly RECOMENDED!!!
Yes sir and knowing how to rock bounce might come in handy, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
CHOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have to sell my body to afford this one!!!!!!
Any takers?, anyone......

There is nothing like walking at night through the Squachy Woods of the South!.
You always have a home in my arms, big boy!

(36:17 says you are my sugar dumplin')

Enjoy this LowBudgetProductions movie of the Birthday Bash G6. It may give you some insight on what to expect or not.

There will be some never before seen challenges at the Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Challenge.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

their are lil creek beds all along the main road (is 1mile long) and leading up to some trails..depending upon if weve gotten any rain or not will depend how full they are.

most of the time they have @2-4in of water in them..when its full @1ft deep or more in some spots.

im going up to the orvpark this sunday to look it over and check a few trails..if you want any pics of certain spots lmk and ill get some video/pics.

you want a huge variety of terrain..you've picked the right location!

Last edited by ROLANDROCKSHOP; 07-10-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

This is going to be an AWESOME location!!! The pics look Bad Azz!!!

Those woods are just BEGGIN to be G6'ed!!!

I hope you guys are ready for the TERRA-X race! The 1.9(Honcho) class is such a blast to watch!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

this sounds like it's going to be absolutely awesome...can't wait to try my luck at it !! getting the rig prepped... if there is such a thing..
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc597 View Post
this sounds like it's going to be absolutely awesome...can't wait to try my luck at it !! getting the rig prepped... if there is such a thing..
If you haven't experienced a "Parker" course than you better prep your rig AND yourself!!! You will have more fun than you can imagine!

Nobody does it like Parker when it comes to a GOOD TIME!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

What about a bodiless chassis on wraith axles? What class would it be in or would it even be allowed?
donhd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

i think it would go in the wraith class...for the terrax

for the G6 youd have to have the scale items on it..
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post
What about a bodiless chassis on wraith axles? What class would it be in or would it even be allowed?
A easy rule of thumb is to ask yourself; Is it scale? A bodiless chassis with the mandatory scale items, to me, may look pretty damn scale. I've seen a bunch of 1:1 buggy's that would fit that description!

Scale it out & post pics! I say rock dat sh!t!!!!

Quote:
i think it would go in the wraith class...for the terrax

for the G6 youd have to have the scale items on it..
Your absolutely correct!

Watching this rig in the Terra X race will be SICK!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Having to move to Kansas where I grew up and having to give up my G6 fix was an extremely sad day. Now Parker is heading out here (well a couple states away anyhow), get ready to party G6 style Arkansas. Parker I will do whatever it takes to be there my friend. I think I owe you a couple cold ones anyway.
pedlhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

What's the expected turn out for this, want to make sure there's enuf squirrel!
jshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshull View Post
What's the expected turn out for this, want to make sure there's enuf squirrel!

No worries, G-Central may be buried in squirrel by the end of this G6!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!

Superlift Southern Showdown G6 & Outlaw Terra-X Race - Eventbrite

The G-Crew is geared up for this one and will be bringing some exclusive G-Gear for all early bird entries and every G6 entry will receive an event specific G-Tag for their attendance at the Superlift Southern Showdown G6 Challenge.

And remember, WE'RE G6'n and YOU KNOW IT!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donhd04 View Post

If it is a t1e style I don't think it will look scale no matter what you do to it.....but I'm not in charge

Can't wait to see you prove me wrong bring on them pics
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge & Rock Riot "Cantina for the Con" DRIVNMF Recon G6 166 10-01-2012 05:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
Aloha, RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" DRIVNMF Recon G6 142 04-19-2012 01:00 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Embrace the Suck" Jan 28th Nor-Cal DRIVNMF Recon G6 119 02-03-2012 11:15 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "Birthday Bash" Dec. 3, 2011 DRIVNMF Recon G6 531 12-29-2011 10:43 AM