Notices

Thread: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
What happened to the recon website? I can no longer find it.
Really good question. The RECON Crawler website is having technical difficulties. Until they are resolved, please use the Official Forum of the RECON G6, RCCrawler.com

We are stoked to be part of the RCC Forum Family and you can always find us on FB.

Thanks, Tgreer.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 09:26 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

so i've been looking on facebook and all over here but can't find what i'm looking for...i know last year when the G6's first started and we had ours, you couldn't do anything to your tires ( i thought).. no cutting lugs/siping them or anything.. i was gonna sipe my trepadors a little but don't want to mess with them if it's gonna be against any rules..but i couldn't find anything..anybody know what the word is on altering tires? thanks for any help..
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Hey my Bro!!

What can I do to get a G6 event here in good ole Bama??
or is it possible?
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc597 View Post
so i've been looking on facebook and all over here but can't find what i'm looking for...i know last year when the G6's first started and we had ours, you couldn't do anything to your tires ( i thought).. no cutting lugs/siping them or anything.. i was gonna sipe my trepadors a little but don't want to mess with them if it's gonna be against any rules..but i couldn't find anything..anybody know what the word is on altering tires? thanks for any help..
Post #2 in this thread has a link to the Axial Blog Recon G6 rules.

in short.
- Wheel sizes may be 1.55, 1.9, or 2.2, Tires that fit these wheels must be a licensed manufactured tire or knock offs. Tires must resemble the real thing and can only be siped or grooved. No other alterations may be made.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post

in short.
- Wheel sizes may be 1.55, 1.9, or 2.2, Tires that fit these wheels must be a licensed manufactured tire or knock offs. Tires must resemble the real thing and can only be siped or grooved. No other alterations may be made.
not sure how i didn't see that..
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Hey my Bro!!

or is it possible?
not sure how far it is for you but Parker will be G6'n in Hot Springs, Arkansas September 28. if you make it ask him about Alabama, you never know for next year.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Tires may be sipped, grooved, or have lugs removed, remember keep it scale. Tires must be a licensed replica or knock off, no comp tires and no cut n shuts.

Great question, mjc597.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Hey my Bro!!

or is it possible?
Since the Tide capsized Texas A&M, I think is time for a G6!!! ROLL TIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post

in short.
Thank you, sir.

Quote:
not sure how i didn't see that..
No worries, I forgot about multi-quote replies. It's not like it's 1am or anything!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
not sure how far it is for you but Parker will be G6'n in Hot Springs, Arkansas September 28. if you make it ask him about Alabama, you never know for next year.
Several states away and fo sho a little stronger accent. Jus' saying!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Since the Tide capsized Texas A&M, I think is time for a G6!!! ROLL TIDE!

ROLL TIDE!!

Several states away and fo sho a little stronger accent. Jus' saying!
Yeah, I can't get away that weekend.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Question Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

I know it has been in the official rules since day one, but many of us don't have Axial based rigs. Some of the most scale vehicles out there are not Axial based. I started rock crawling with a scratchbuilt hodgepodge of parts before Axial was even on the scene. I don't have a problem with Axial or anything. I like SCX10s but I have always gravitated toward other brands and building my own. Is the "Axial-based only" rule flexible? I know I'm not the only one out there who wants to run in a G6 but apparently doesn't have the required equipment. Thanks!
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackspower View Post
I know it has been in the official rules since day one, but many of us don't have Axial based rigs. Some of the most scale vehicles out there are not Axial based. I started rock crawling with a scratchbuilt hodgepodge of parts before Axial was even on the scene. I don't have a problem with Axial or anything. I like SCX10s but I have always gravitated toward other brands and building my own. Is the "Axial-based only" rule flexible? I know I'm not the only one out there who wants to run in a G6 but apparently doesn't have the required equipment. Thanks!

any ladder frame chassis will work..shop cut or homemade.

as long as it's scale,it'll work.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

How about a TF2?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackspower View Post
How about a TF2?
yep your good
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #34
RCC Addict

The Axial based only rule is only for the Axialfest. It does not apply to any other G6es that I am aware of.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Are there any events anywhere near eastern TN/south western Virginia? Anything over a couple hour drive is just impossible (used to drive 48 states + Canada and Mexico trucks,but disabled,legally so for the last 5 years...can't make the drive of more than 2-3 hours now-a-days ),would LOVE to see/participate in one
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

That's what I'm getting. Thanks for the replies!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post

Great Question! Here's what we know...

Oct. 19 at Rock Park, or Haunted Rock Park, since this is the annual Halloween G6.

Yes. There will be an Afternoon stage, everyone's favorite comp nacho's, and a night stage.

The run time on your batteries depends on several factors, some controllable and some not. Brushed motors are not as fuel efficient as brushless and gearing plays a huge part in run time. Those are controllable, but the conditions are not. Sand, mud, hills all rob power and how you drive is huge too.

I get about 40 mins of hard run on a 2200mah 3s battery.

There is usually on average 150 - 250 trail markers.

I look forward to seeing you there.
Wow...I have to be in Vegas the following Monday.....could possibly make this one....link for info?
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #38

So once again I have a few questions… first can we have cold frosty adult beverages on our trek mainly on the rock park event, second I read that you need a scale rig I run a homemade chassies with ax10 trans and wraith axles and am using a proline 1/10 unlimited jeep body with a narrowed honch roll cage, and my buddy has a homemade tube chassie with same trans and axles will these be fine?, third I also read that tires can only be slightly modified I run pitbulls so no worries there but my spare is a tsl bogger that has the little lugs removed will this be ok, and last I made a winch land anchor my question is will it be hogging if when I use it I step on it to sink it into the ground? Thanks and can't wait��
chrisdontcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdontcare View Post
So once again I have a few questions…

1.first can we have cold frosty adult beverages on our trek mainly on the rock park event,
Alcohol is not usually allowed at RECON events.

2. second I read that you need a scale rig I run a homemade chassies with ax10 trans and wraith axles and am using a proline 1/10 unlimited jeep body with a narrowed honch roll cage, and my buddy has a homemade tube chassie with same trans and axles will these be fine?,
Any scale vehicle is allowed. There is no limit to forms or manufacturers. The only exception is Axialfest where only Axial chassis and axles are allowed.

3. third I also read that tires can only be slightly modified I run pitbulls so no worries there but my spare is a tsl bogger that has the little lugs removed will this be ok,
Scale siping is allowed.

4. and last I made a winch land anchor my question is will it be hogging if when I use it I step on it to sink it into the ground?
Anchoring your winch to your shoe or holding it in a scale fashion on the ground is allowed.

Thanks and can't wait��
REmember, finishing a G6 is like winning a G6
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I had a semi full of Coors at axialfest...

Last edited by FRENCHBLUE72; 09-19-2013 at 06:43 PM.
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official G6/KOH/Rock Race Rules & Rigs Thread TODBLDZ South Carolina 35 02-10-2017 05:27 AM
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
Rippin' Lips RECON G6 & Terra-X May 18th. & 19th. The Crawl Space Colorado 46 05-20-2013 08:37 PM
**Official Thread** 2009' Axial West Coast Championships Signups & Info KING BLING Past RCCA qualifiers 221 06-24-2009 12:38 AM
***Official Thank You Thread*** racerx Competitions 8 05-22-2008 09:59 AM