Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #121
Quarry Creeper

Now that I have finished a G6 (and finishing is like winning) how do you win a G6?
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
Now that I have finished a G6 (and finishing is like winning) how do you win a G6?
By finishing! Lol

Earning Driver of the Day is certainly an achievement.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

Quote:
you hook up and drive with me.

i stage buddied for the winner at the first G6 and the Tufa Trials, drove with Unibomber in both his driver of the day wins.

i believe you need a second driver and work as a team. two drivers looking for trail markers, stamps, punches, and treasure items makes it a lot easier to move at a faster pace. you also need to be willing to pass people when they are playing follow the leader. if there isn't another way around i will go to the front of the line and start helping drivers get through the problem spot. usually drivers get the hint and start helping the driver in front or behind them to get through the bottleneck and i drive on.

i've finished many G6's so i have won, but i have yet to be "driver of the day". i have more fun helping with the win and being thanked for it and that is good enough for me.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post

you hook up and drive with me.

i stage buddied for the winner at the first G6 and the Tufa Trials, drove with Unibomber in both his driver of the day wins.

i believe you need a second driver and work as a team. two drivers looking for trail markers, stamps, punches, and treasure items makes it a lot easier to move at a faster pace. you also need to be willing to pass people when they are playing follow the leader. if there isn't another way around i will go to the front of the line and start helping drivers get through the problem spot. usually drivers get the hint and start helping the driver in front or behind them to get through the bottleneck and i drive on.

i've finished many G6's so i have won, but i have yet to be "driver of the day". i have more fun helping with the win and being thanked for it and that is good enough for me.
Good stuff. I think personality wise I am more set to support a driver.
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:10 AM   #125
Quarry Creeper

Starting a G6 in PC, FL at one if the county parks, and looking for a drivers log to copy and learn how to score. Only 60 gates right now. So a 2 lap run is what we will do here i
believe. Clearing out more property soon.
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
Starting a G6 in PC, FL at one if the county parks, and looking for a drivers log to copy and learn how to score. Only 60 gates right now. So a 2 lap run is what we will do here i
believe. Clearing out more property soon.

here you go.

THANK YOU FAST EDDIE BEARINGS for the scorecards.

they make it a lot easier for both drivers and G-crew to keep track of things.

good luck with your adventure. multi laps are fun because you get to drive that trail marker again you couldn't seem to get through the first time.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Heck yeah Thank you Sumquak,
top right has " stamps,stickers,hole punches" is that like extras or ?
Old 12-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
Heck yeah Thank you Sumquak,
top right has " stamps,stickers,hole punches" is that like extras or ?

to try to keep everyone honest, Parker has a couple of hole punches and colored stamps he randomly puts out to show you drove that trail marker. when you come across one you mark your scorecard.

missing one of these is the biggest time penalty in a Recon G6. i've seen drivers earn "driver of the day" because everyone else missed a marker that they didn't.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

Wow that's a really good idea.I'm guessing when there are over a hundred gates and a long distance that would certainly help. we have a 50 gates on the course that i placed today to run tomorrow.
1 lap takes around 10 minutes to run. I figure 2 laps for a total of 100 points to earn.
A lot to learn, so, If a gate is touched then you don't get that gate counted and also timed just in case there is a tie. Does this sound right?
I took a video of the course with no trucks just a truck level walk thru Ill post on the video thread.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #130
Quarry Creeper

Dude we do 130 gates and takes 3 1/2 hours

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #131

Quote:
I Won one this year, here are my thoughts.
First of all your rig has to be set up correct for the course . (tires , gearing, suspension, ETC.. )
Then you need to practice with your rig and know what is capable of doing.
I always have spare parts, snacks and drinks in my back pack.
Always look around for the bonus items and anything different and wright it in the drivers log ! ( Like Really Pay Attention to the Surroundings )
TEAM WORK
G6 Recon is a Scaled Adventure so,
Stopping and Helping each other out is one of the most important things to do in a G6. ( Winching , Spotting ,finding trail markers, Repairs )
Don't stress out and Just Have Fun.
extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #132

Hey,,, Any Intel yet on the rules for 2014, , rig specs ,any new classes, sponsor list, etc.
We need info to get the new rigs built.
Only 6 weeks to the season opener at KOH !!!!
Thanks Extractor

Last edited by extractor; 12-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.
extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #133
It's a scale thing

Question on batteries....I run 2200 lipos and I know it won't last 3hours or 100+ gates. Do we get a penalty for changing batteries or there a time we can change them during the run. Sorry if I missed this answer in the thread
Thanks,
Ben
Bthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #134
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthomas View Post
Question on batteries....I run 2200 lipos and I know it won't last 3hours or 100+ gates. Do we get a penalty for changing batteries or there a time we can change them during the run. Sorry if I missed this answer in the thread
Thanks,
Ben
Of course not! Changing batterys is all part of G6n
:thumbup:
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

Cool Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

But if your drive like a grandpa as gottorque does, a 2200mah battery might just last you all day.... lol, well close maybe.. I always have a minimum of 10000 mah with me, Axial fest last year, during the first stage of the G6, I used 21,000 mah and BEARLY made it... It all depends on the course. but definitely need at least two batteries. I've run a few g6's on one lipo but do you really want to be 5 gates from finishing and hit lipo cutoff. Not this guy....
madtrouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post

I have alway change my batterys no problems.What less then 30 seconds to do this....
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthomas View Post
Thanks,
Ben
I for the longes time ran two 2200's and had 2 spare. Sometimes I used a third battery, but for the most part the two kept me going. Axialfest RECON G6 is a different story.

Never is there a penalty for changing a battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
You got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
I have alway change my batterys no problems.What less then 30 seconds to do this....

I am surprised that you ever change a battery. For those that don't know, 1beatjeep runs a straight up "sleeper" G-Ride / scaler and his driving skills are second to none. One of the smoothest drivers I have ever watched!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

is this statement for real?
"-Axial Vehicles or custom vehicles with Axial transmissions, Axial axles, Axial chassis or a significant amount of Axial products only."
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #139
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
"-Axial Vehicles or custom vehicles with Axial transmissions, Axial axles, Axial chassis or a significant amount of Axial products only."
What that means is your truck must have, for the most part, Axial compents. However it does not mean it must be 100% Axial. For example, my 1.9 G6 rig has an Axial trans and SCX10 frame, but Venom axles.I have had no truble running it in any G6 event.

People do axle swaps and other major mods in full size wheeling all the time, its no different in 1:10th scale.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #140
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Is that from last years KOH thread? The only time I have seen that enforced is at Axialfest but thats different from a regular G6. There really aren't too many actual vehicle rules at a G6, I have run with 0 axial parts on a rig before. G6s are about having an adventure, not a competition. You see it every once in a while someone will go and then get all bent out of shape because there are no result or scores posted. If you come out looking to have fun, you will. You're not going to get turned away at a regular G6 because you don't have enough Axial parts.
rangair94 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official G6/KOH/Rock Race Rules & Rigs Thread TODBLDZ South Carolina 35 02-10-2017 05:27 AM
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
Rippin' Lips RECON G6 & Terra-X May 18th. & 19th. The Crawl Space Colorado 46 05-20-2013 08:37 PM
**Official Thread** 2009' Axial West Coast Championships Signups & Info KING BLING Past RCCA qualifiers 221 06-24-2009 12:38 AM
***Official Thank You Thread*** racerx Competitions 8 05-22-2008 09:59 AM