Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

Stevew, your question has been asked many, many times. Here's the short and sweet answer. You may run any product at a RECON event with the exception of Axialfest, which as the name implies, is strictly for Axial BASED products.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #162

The axial only events are sponsored by axial so what ever they want to do is up to them! I think you guys should be grateful to have any events you can attend. I'm in western Canada and we don't have events like this close enough for me to attend. I wish they did!
SCRPNBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #163
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Stevew, your question has been asked many, many times. Here's the short and sweet answer. You may run any product at a RECON event with the exception of Axialfest, which as the name implies, is strictly for Axial BASED products.

While on this subject, can it be an axial framed rig with an aftermarket axle or another manufacturers aftermarket axle or no?

Not trying to stir the pot (i've done that enough in the recon section), but there's so many aftermarket options out there I could see this being a very viable option to have the requirement be axial frame, transmission etc. but leave the axle and axle housing option open to a certain extent of still being a shaft driven crawler. Obviously you're not going to run xr10 axles on a wraith in a scale comp.

Such as a scx10 frame, and tranny etc. but with a set of say rc4wd scale toyota axles or t-rex 60's, or creeper axles. All of the shaft driven of course, but you see where my question lies?

JJ

Last edited by ion; 01-15-2014 at 04:46 PM.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
While on this subject, can it be an axial framed rig with an aftermarket axle or another manufacturers aftermarket axle or no?

Not trying to stir the pot (i've done that enough in the recon section), but there's so many aftermarket options out there I could see this being a very viable option to have the requirement be axial frame, transmission etc. but leave the axle and axle housing option open to a certain extent of still being a shaft driven crawler. Obviously you're not going to run xr10 axles on a wraith in a scale comp.

Such as a scx10 frame, and tranny etc. but with a set of say rc4wd scale toyota axles or t-rex 60's, or creeper axles. All of the shaft driven of course, but you see where my question lies?

JJ
ION,
YES, you can run after market axles, and when you do you are doing several things, including making us jealous that we cannot all afford after market things, but more importantly you are supporting our sponsors and the ones that support the thing that we love to do!

Trust me I for one would love to have some aftermarket wheel and axles but they are not in the budget right now.

See you at the next G6

TREE
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #165
RCC Addict

Well I did all the 2013 G6s with a creeper axled JK and no one said anything. I mean the vast majority of scalers run scx10 frames and transmissions cause they are so redily availible.

Sent from a rock

Last edited by gottorque; 01-15-2014 at 04:57 PM.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #166
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
ION,
YES, you can run after market axles, and when you do you are doing several things, including making us jealous that we cannot all afford after market things, but more importantly you are supporting our sponsors and the ones that support the thing that we love to do!

Trust me I for one would love to have some aftermarket wheel and axles but they are not in the budget right now.

See you at the next G6

TREE

Thank you for that, because my wraith runs vp curries that I will certainly let anyone drool over, but my newest 1.9 I went outside of the box with a set of g-made r1 portal axles, still all shaft driven of course but I wanted to be different.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #167
Pebble Pounder

Youll have to let me kno how that setup handles been thinking about doing that for my other wraith (the ms. Thinks its the sons hes got a while before that being hes only 5 months old!

sent from my 5th scale
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #168
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanecrawler89 View Post
Youll have to let me kno how that setup handles been thinking about doing that for my other wraith (the ms. Thinks its the sons hes got a while before that being hes only 5 months old!)

sent from my 5th scale

sent from my 5th scale
arcanecrawler89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #169
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPNBY View Post
The axial only events are sponsored by axial so what ever they want to do is up to them! I think you guys should be grateful to have any events you can attend. I'm in western Canada and we don't have events like this close enough for me to attend. I wish they did!

Ditto. I am sitting in grande prairie, AB myself. I wish we had events like these up here.
I know there is several from this town that would travel to southern Alberta or bc to attend one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sidehiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPNBY View Post
Agree. I drive 7+ hours, pull my kiddo out of school, book a hotel, and have the wife take off without pay to get to each of the three events I attended, and ejoyed each one. I am grateful for the events and they have been open to various rig builds. Anyone not happy with a G6, go start your own series.

As for the Axial only events...if Axial is sponsoring, we should be supporting them anyway... Show me something of the same caliber that has same level of sponsorship.... Venom has....well no...Tamiya......ummmmm .... No..... Traxxas did a G......no...how about that great Losi...never mind.... No other major sponsor has stood up for a roadshow like Axial has.

Want to see brand bias....go sign in to the Traxxas Forum and talk about Losi, Axial, etc..then get kicked off....that is brand bias.

The companies on board for the G6 have been awesome. Support the ones who make this possible, donate tons of swag, provide gear for.....if not....hold your own event.

Last edited by AdventureIQ; 01-15-2014 at 09:02 PM.
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
Thank you for that, because my wraith runs vp curries that I will certainly let anyone drool over, but my newest 1.9 I went outside of the box with a set of g-made r1 portal axles, still all shaft driven of course but I wanted to be different.
When do we get to see the BLING?????
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
X2 want to see it!
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #173
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
Agree. I drive 7+ hours, pull my kiddo out of school, book a hotel, and have the wife take off without pay to get to each of the three events I attended, and ejoyed each one. I am grateful for the events and they have been open to various rig builds. Anyone not happy with a G6, go start your own series.

As for the Axial only events...if Axial is sponsoring, we should be supporting them anyway... Show me something of the same caliber that has same level of sponsorship.... Venom has....well no...Tamiya......ummmmm .... No..... Traxxas did a G......no...how about that great Losi...never mind.... No other major sponsor has stood up for a roadshow like Axial has.

Want to see brand bias....go sign in to the Traxxas Forum and talk about Losi, Axial, etc..then get kicked off....that is brand bias.

The companies on board for the G6 have been awesome. Support the ones who make this possible, donate tons of swag, provide gear for.....if not....hold your own event.
No one could have said it better. Than the Man who drove from Idaho in a snow storm to Reno for the B-Day bash. If you don't like the guide lines go do your own adventure, and find out just exactly what it takes to try to put on an event 1/10th as awesome as a R.E.C.O.N. G6! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!
C.WEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:19 PM   #174
ion
Quarry Creeper

Ion's SCX10 Project "Daddys Money"

Quote:
Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #175

Do you have to sign up for G6s ahead of time, specifically the upcoming one at KOH, or is it done on the spot?

Would these things count as my 5 scale objects?

1 seat
winch
tow strap
steering wheel
light bar
Rock4x4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #176
RCC Addict

You can sign up online or at the event. Drivers that preregister get extra swag, I think credential placards and shirts, but don't quote me on that.

Those scale items should be good to go.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #177
RCC Addict

I just checked. Drivers that preregister get credential placards and finishing tags.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock4x4Runner View Post
Do you have to sign up for G6s ahead of time, specifically the upcoming one at KOH, or is it done on the spot?

Would these things count as my 5 scale objects?

1 seat
winch
tow strap
steering wheel
light bar
Rock4x4Runner, you may pre register here, Registration , but if you are unable to, you may sigh up anytime during the week of KOH. Just come see myself, Rivas, or Jesses.

You can't miss any of us, but you will hear me for you see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
I just checked. Drivers that preregister get credential placards and finishing tags.
You are correct. Thank You, Skeeno.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Rock4x4Runner, you may pre register here, Registration , but if you are unable to, you may sigh up anytime during the week of KOH. Just come see myself, Rivas, or Jesses.

You can't miss any of us, but you will hear me for you see me.

You are correct. Thank You, Skeeno.
GREAT!! Thanks for the link too. Thats what I was having a hard time finding for some reason.
Rock4x4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #180

In the G6 wrangler class will the splined beef tubes with wraith chubs and knuckles be allowed ? Planning on hitting first G6 this year in MO
bighoss72 is offline   Reply With Quote

The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official G6/KOH/Rock Race Rules & Rigs Thread TODBLDZ South Carolina 35 02-10-2017 05:27 AM
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
Rippin' Lips RECON G6 & Terra-X May 18th. & 19th. The Crawl Space Colorado 46 05-20-2013 08:37 PM
**Official Thread** 2009' Axial West Coast Championships Signups & Info KING BLING Past RCCA qualifiers 221 06-24-2009 12:38 AM
***Official Thank You Thread*** racerx Competitions 8 05-22-2008 09:59 AM