Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Post The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

Welcome to the RECON G6 Q & A Thread. Where questions are asked and answers come straight from the desk of Oval Office, allegedly.

If your new to the forum, my name is Parker, aka DRIVNMF and I'm glad your part of our forum family. There is a plethora of talented builders, drivers, and really cool cats on this forum. I am honored to be a member here and know you will too.

I will answer your questions to the best of my ability, but more importantly, the G6 Family, a family of radio controlled scale adventure drivers that span across the Globe, can offer their expertise, knowledge, and priceless advice, as well.

Some questions may be repetitive, no worries. I will simply link you to the thread that asked your question. I don't believe in stupid questions, if you don't know the answer, ask. If you don't feel comfortable asking a question in a public forum, pm me.

Thank you & I will see you getting your scaler fix, in the next RECON G6.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread

I will start with on of the most asked questions.

What is the RECON G6?

The RECON G6 is a new genre of radio control scale adventure where participants walk behind their radio controlled scale car or truck through a series of numbered trail markers during the event. Along the way, adventure is found in the form of driving challenges & driver challenges.

Here is a link to check out.

Axial Racing - What is a RECON G6 ?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Great thread

How does one "Do Work"????
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Great thread

Great question, frdtrkguy.

The answer lies within each and everyone of us. "Do Work" refers to anytime you are challenged to be exceptional, extraordinary, or you just drove what was deemed impossible.

Do Work is setting out to accomplish the unknown and learn new levels of your own driving and building skills.

Thanks for the great question. Now grab your Wrexo and "Do Work" like you did at the 2013 Axialfest RECON TerraCross.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
RCC Addict

What does "highly recommended" mean?
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
What does "highly recommended" mean?
The RECON G6 has some requirements. Some of these requirements are extra and they are labled "not mandatory, but highly recommended". Meaning that if you do these additional tasks, than you may receive swag, time bonus, or a pat on the back for "doing work" and starting your adventure in a RECON G6 at home. Some have even allowed G6'ers access to a bonus stage.

Some of these have been met with really cool ingenuity and have been fun to see along with, I'm sure fun to build.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Great thread

Do work Taking truck out clean bringing it home with enough mud and dirt to start a garden. LOL Oh yea have some fun while doing it.
mtbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Hey parker I heard you maybe in bend oregon for a g6?
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

October 12 is what I heard....
Fingonunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Hey parker I heard you maybe in bend oregon for a g6?
Great question, FRENCHBLUE72 & the answer is yes. October 12. The event details will be posted soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingonunny View Post
October 12 is what I heard....
Fingonunny, you heard correct! Make plans, the G-Train is coming to Bend, OR.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

When are people gonna start having events in New England where the real rocks are?
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryco13 View Post
When are people gonna start having events in New England where the real rocks are?

Great question and one best answered by experience. That, I have a little.

Bryco13, instead of asking when people are going to start having events in New England, host an event in New England. Invite fellow enthusiasts to where real rocks are and have fun.

I started hosting events in my backyard and now I go all over the USA & even Canada. I could not do this alone, nor did I start doing this for myself. I host events for fellow enthusiasts, like yourself, to have fun with friends and family, but most importantly, to drive toy trucks.

These enthusiasts, I call "Drivers", because that is what we like to do, drive. These drivers make up the RECON G6 Family. That family reaches around the globe.

If your interested in the G-Train headed to New England, I am too, I am a big seafood fanatic and have heard that New England has some of the best, shoot me a pm.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
ion
Quarry Creeper

even though I'm a local boy to the recon g6 founders I've never been to a g6 event because I've never had any real scale items on my wraith. More or less just shit that I liked and wanted to put onto and into it, like a working sound system for when I'm out messing around.

My question is: Even though I don't have really any scale items except for working lights, the stock wraith interior, and music could I still participate in a g6 event?
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Yes the scale items are not required
rangair94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
RCC Addict

The spirit of the G6 is to have a truck that looks scale. Therefore, any kit that looks scale is allowed to G6. The Wraith and SCX10 both come with the required scaleness that the G6 embraces. Any stock Wraith or SCX10 can run at a G6 event. I have never seen anybody turned away from a G6. I'm sure Parker will also chime in on this topic.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
even though I'm a local boy to the recon g6 founders I've never been to a g6 event because I've never had any real scale items on my wraith. More or less just shit that I liked and wanted to put onto and into it, like a working sound system for when I'm out messing around.

My question is: Even though I don't have really any scale items except for working lights, the stock wraith interior, and music could I still participate in a g6 event?
Yes, you can. The stock Axial Wraith and SCX10 line up of scale trucks meet the mandatory scale item requirements.

There are always some "not mandatory, but highly recommended " scale items. These unique items offer participants different levels of the RECON G6 experience, but they are not mandatory to participate.

I look forward to seeing you get your scaler fix in the Paranormal Scale Activity RECON G6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangair94 View Post
Yes the scale items are not required
Very true. The mandatory scale items can be found on most everyone's G-Ride. Thanks, rangair94.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
The spirit of the G6 is to have a truck that looks scale. Therefore, any kit that looks scale is allowed to G6. The Wraith and SCX10 both come with the required scaleness that the G6 embraces. Any stock Wraith or SCX10 can run at a G6 event. I have never seen anybody turned away from a G6. I'm sure Parker will also chime in on this topic.
Your correct, Skeeno, the RECON G6 radio control scale adventure events are all about friends, family, and taking your scale rc addiction to "your" level of fun.

Who am I to tell you how to build your toy truck. From first time r/c drivers to the seasoned veteran, the RECON G6 is always evolving to enhance the fun of scale adventure driving, regardless of your skill level.

Thank You, Skeeno for your great Axial Blogs. Check out his latest blog; Axial Racing - RECON G6 – The Rock Beast Blues RECAP

Great read!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
ion
Quarry Creeper

I'm looking forward to the paranormal scale activity g6 event. thanks parker!
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #18

I was looking for info on the oct 19th g6 thats in reno..... is it going to be at rock park like its been in the past? I saw that in 2011 it was a Halloween theme, will there be night driving. This will be my first g6 and I will be bring along a buddy with his crawler. And last whats the average number of gates that are in a G6? Or run time just for an idea on batteries.... thanks
chrisdontcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdontcare View Post
I was looking for info on the oct 19th g6 thats in reno..... is it going to be at rock park like its been in the past? I saw that in 2011 it was a Halloween theme, will there be night driving. This will be my first g6 and I will be bring along a buddy with his crawler. And last whats the average number of gates that are in a G6? Or run time just for an idea on batteries.... thanks
Great Question! Here's what we know...

Oct. 19 at Rock Park, or Haunted Rock Park, since this is the annual Halloween G6.

Yes. There will be an Afternoon stage, everyone's favorite comp nacho's, and a night stage.

The run time on your batteries depends on several factors, some controllable and some not. Brushed motors are not as fuel efficient as brushless and gearing plays a huge part in run time. Those are controllable, but the conditions are not. Sand, mud, hills all rob power and how you drive is huge too.

I get about 40 mins of hard run on a 2200mah 3s battery.

There is usually on average 150 - 250 trail markers.

I look forward to seeing you there.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
RCC Addict

What happened to the recon website? I can no longer find it.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote

The Official RECON G6 Q & A Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official G6/KOH/Rock Race Rules & Rigs Thread TODBLDZ South Carolina 35 02-10-2017 05:27 AM
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
Rippin' Lips RECON G6 & Terra-X May 18th. & 19th. The Crawl Space Colorado 46 05-20-2013 08:37 PM
**Official Thread** 2009' Axial West Coast Championships Signups & Info KING BLING Past RCCA qualifiers 221 06-24-2009 12:38 AM
***Official Thank You Thread*** racerx Competitions 8 05-22-2008 09:59 AM