Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

I am getting VERY excited aboutt this. Has been a pretty tough few months for me....so this has been something very positive to look towards. I already like the positive vibe around this...I can use some positive right now.

Will there be vendors there?

Also...if I do bust something like a shaft or smoke a motor...I can swap out? Do I need to carrynon the trail or just go back to the pits?

Again...this is cool and just what I have been looking for and very glad to be part of not just one....but two events!
AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
I am getting VERY excited aboutt this. Has been a pretty tough few months for me....so this has been something very positive to look towards. I already like the positive vibe around this...I can use some positive right now.

Will there be vendors there?

Also...if I do bust something like a shaft or smoke a motor...I can swap out? Do I need to carrynon the trail or just go back to the pits?

Again...this is cool and just what I have been looking for and very glad to be part of not just one....but two events!
This is taken from the G6 rules,
- Pit Repairs -[No Penalty] – Every G6’er knows that sooner or later, no matter how much preparation went into their G-Ride, something is going to break. In the G6 Challenge, any breakage that happens on stage, must be repaired then and there. If the repair cannot be made on stage, then a G6′er may make a Pit Repair. Naturally, a driver may find a flat spot near the breakage spot that is out of the way of fellow G6’ers, that is perfectly ok, but if a driver needs to make the repairs in the pit, they need to head straight to the pits. After the pit repair has been completed, the driver must return to the spot where they removed thier scaler from the stage and continue. There will be no penalty when a driver removes his/her scaler from the stage for a Pit Repair. A driver’s time will not stop for Pit Repairs. A driver must finish with the scaler that they started with. No switching of scalers, if a scaler cannot be repaired, the driver must immediately inform G-Central of their DNF.

Axial Racing - What is a RECON G6 ?
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

I'm in, see you in a few weeks. Len Root, 1.9 Adventurist, Plum Crazy Power Ram, Holmes BR-XL, RC4WD Rox Lox, my foams ;)

Sent from a rotary wing whirlygig at 10,000' inverted!
Helicopter Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

I guess I should submit for role call....1.9

Rob Anderson / Adventure IQ / Axial Jeep JK / Traxxas ESC / Changing and experimenting on tires
Old 09-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Btw....will there be vendors there selling things my wife says I dn't need?
Old 10-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #46

Hey everyone, Josh Elliott here. I just want to say I'm stoked to host all of you scale lovers here in beautiful Bend Oregon! Long story short I have been trying to convince Parker to come here for a very long time and to see how supportive everyone has been and how excited everyone has been just makes me happy as hell!! I will be competing and filming the entire event for my show, so I am looking forward to seeing all of the sweet G6 rides out on the trail! If anyone needs any local guidance either myself or any member of E.S.P. & C.O.R.C.R.C. would be happy to help

Roll call: Josh Elliott, Adventure 1.9, Axial Scx10 trail honcho, 4 door TJ Unlimited hard body conversion, Crusher ESC, Ballistic brushless, 1.9 Swampers multi foam tune.
dogcrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 AM   #47
RCC Addict

What show?
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #48

Wink Re: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

The Extreme Scale Performance Show. You can check it out at EXTREME SCALE PERFORMANCE - YouTube or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/extremescaleperformance.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Man, seems like everybody has a "show" now days, or is trying to pimp something on here.....
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I wont be able to make this event, but I'm excited to see the pictures, video and hear all about it. I'll be sending some Ruckus swag with Warpig..
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Man, seems like everybody has a "show" now days, or is trying to pimp something on here.....
Kinda turning into a certain 4x4 wheeling forum I know about that starts with a P

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2
vwbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
I wont be able to make this event, but I'm excited to see the pictures, video and hear all about it. I'll be sending some Ruckus swag with Warpig..
no Axialfest and no Ruckus Juice? Are you going through Parker withdrawals?
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #53

"Man, seems like everybody has a "show" now days, or is trying to pimp something on here....."
Not sure where your going with that but you got the wrong guy. My "Show" has been around since 2007 and I have been building scalers long before this forum ever existed. So if you think I am on here as a noob or whatever to the scene trying to pitch my show on forum threads for views then you are very off in your assumption. I am very passionate about r/c and have quite the story to thank for it. I have been giving back to the community for many years and will for many more to come. My "show" is my outlet for my creativity and a place for my friends and local scale crawling club to get exposure and bring in more r/c activity. Before us the Bend scene was very bland and for once I was able to convince a mainstream event to come to our town. I am excited to have you all come here for that reason. Trolling is just not my thing. So no there is no "pimping" going on here.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Just a simple observation and comment....no hidden meaning here. See you on the 12th!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Any one else camping?
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Yes

Campsite B 33, I should be there sometime Friday night. Stop by and say hey.

Last edited by War Pig; 10-03-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #57

No hard feelings Warpig. Tim if I remember right..? We met once before at the 2012 scale championship at Lucia falls. I still have hours of footage from that event I never got around to editing. This is gonna be fun as hell.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcrick View Post
No hard feelings Warpig. Tim if I remember right..? We met once before at the 2012 scale championship at Lucia falls.
Yup, I remember you. Sorry but a year ago when I first met you, you seemed like you were pretty new to the hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcrick View Post
have hours of footage from that event I never got around to editing.
I'd love to see it some time. Maybe you can throw together 10-15 minutes of it this winter? There were tons of people video taping that event but I only ever saw 2 or 3 videos from it......
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #59

Nope. Far from new to it. However at that time I was new to large scale competitions. That was my first mainstream event. I have always been a builder and a videographer. Scale comps are only something I've been doing for a couple of years but I do enjoy the hell put of em! I just took 1st overall in our local points series which was pretty damn fun lol! Anyway man, good to know your coming out this way. Should be a fun weekend. Us local guys are wanting to take anyone that is game out for a good trail run down the street from the campsite at our local meeting spot. We all go trailing every weekend pretty religiously.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #60

And I would love to get the rest of that footage up. I have a second youtube channel that I will be uploading unedited raw footage too. I'm sitting on probably 600gigs of raw footage I've collected since I started filming in Hawaii back in 07. I'm sure there is some good watching in there somewhere...

RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Swine Swagger" Sept 28, 2013 Hot Springs, AR DRIVNMF Recon G6 68 04-08-2014 04:48 PM
RECON G6 "Dia de los Muertos" at the Cantina for Con 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 39 11-20-2013 07:18 PM
RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada DRIVNMF Recon G6 29 10-05-2013 03:15 PM
RECON G6 "Sierra Trek" Aug. 10, 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 11 08-12-2013 02:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM