Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013

I'm in b14 I'll swing by Tim.. I'd like to get in on the trail run...
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Okay, getting down to decision time and I'm a little torn on which way to go:

SCX10
AE-2, 55T silver can, 2s or 3s power (3s in this case), 6600 mAh total 3s power available, stock AS-3 CMS, 645mg servo winch, R35 ripsaws, underdrive rear, all links upgraded as well as chubs and knuckles

Wraith
Eiger, 18.5T Ballistic, 2s only, ~12000 mAh available, 7955tg stock steering, no winch, R35 ripsaws, underdrive rear (uninstalled as of this moment), stock kit links, steering, chubs and knuckles upgraded

The Wraith is new and I'm still in the midst of the honeymoon but prep upgrades haven't gone quite the way I'd have hoped. In spite of the problems I've got a Wild Willy driver about 24 hours from taking the drivers seat and I think it'll be the more convincing ride (in spite of the clown axles and wheels that plague the Wraith). Anyway, I've got two days left to prepare and no more parts incoming, which way would you go?
forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Take them both, you never know what's going to happen at a G6....
mjc597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2 View Post
Okay, getting down to decision time and I'm a little torn on which way to go:

SCX10
AE-2, 55T silver can, 2s or 3s power (3s in this case), 6600 mAh total 3s power available, stock AS-3 CMS, 645mg servo winch, R35 ripsaws, underdrive rear, all links upgraded as well as chubs and knuckles

Wraith
Eiger, 18.5T Ballistic, 2s only, ~12000 mAh available, 7955tg stock steering, no winch, R35 ripsaws, underdrive rear (uninstalled as of this moment), stock kit links, steering, chubs and knuckles upgraded

The Wraith is new and I'm still in the midst of the honeymoon but prep upgrades haven't gone quite the way I'd have hoped. In spite of the problems I've got a Wild Willy driver about 24 hours from taking the drivers seat and I think it'll be the more convincing ride (in spite of the clown axles and wheels that plague the Wraith). Anyway, I've got two days left to prepare and no more parts incoming, which way would you go?
I'd take both but plan to run the 1.9, they are more fun at a G6.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
no Axialfest and no Ruckus Juice? Are you going through Parker withdrawals?
Yeah, I've got serious Parker withdrawals! Unfortunately the timing just isnt working out...
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

I'd say the decision has been made for me. Balance plug short today on a 2s 5000 mAh battery leaves me a ways down on power with the Wraith. SCX10 it is...
Old 10-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Attention Ruckus Juice & Jello RECON G6'ers it is DMC Time!

Drivers Meeting Challenge

Whose up for starting their adventure a week early? Yes. No. It doesn't matter. The DMC is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

What is this challenge, you ask? It is an online adventure. Answer the questions or complete the tasks for a chance for swag, stage bonuses, or just plain ole satisfaction, but most importantly, do it for Fun!

Let's get started.

Ruckus Juice & Jello RECON G6 DMC

1. What flavor of Jello will you use and why?

2. Share a picture of what you will be driving in Oregon's first ever RECON G6 on the RECON G6 FB page and here, in this thread. Does your scaler have a name? If so, what is it?

3. Link your favorite scale video from the following producers;

- Rivasconcepts - YouTube

- EXTREME SCALE PERFORMANCE - YouTube

- HOYFAB - YouTube

- Rapid Rhino Productions - YouTube

- http://www.youtube.com/user/ferndogg310

Note: These producers rely on organic views & subscribers only. To the best of my knowledge, no bought views or subscribers have been associated with them. Just pure view finder talent and a passion for scale rc.

4. Have you seen the Captain? Axial has a BOLO out on Captain Axial. Find a pic of the missing Captain Axial and post it on the RECON G6 FB page. First pic, first to post. Do not re post a pic that has been someone has already shared.

Bonus Points for pics with rc legends or rc babes.

5. SMC Batteries are the Official Batteries of the RECON G6. If you could design a battery, what would be the ideal battery for the RECON G6? Post your answer here and at, https://www.facebook.com/smcracing

Bonus Question

The Bautista Terror Pull Sled has claimed many a victim. In one senctenct, describe how you will put the beat down on the Baustista Terror.

Have fun, G6'ers & as always, Good Luck!

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 10-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Warpig will be transporting freshly cooked DSPro Turkeys to the event for purchase. Cooked to FDA standards, injected with Donkey-Berry Schrek Go-Gurt, then flash frozen. Serving tray is about 1.5" long.

Probably $2 each, unless he paints them all fancy.

rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
Warpig will be transporting freshly cooked DSPro Turkeys to the event for purchase. Cooked to FDA standards, injected with Donkey-Berry Schrek Go-Gurt, then flash frozen. Serving tray is about 1.5" long.

This is one of the sickest scale items I've ever seen. You are a mad genius, Mr. Gerrish & I love you!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post

They will be painted, $3 each and fabulous. Find me in B33 Friday night or Saturday morning. I'll have some moonshine jugs with me as well. Can't wait fellas!
Old 10-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Green of course....it's Oregon (duh), it's also the color of money.

2. Share a picture of what you will be driving in Oregon's first ever RECON G6 on the RECON G6 FB page and here, in this thread.

Does your scaler have a name? If so, what is it?

Just the DD90.

- Rivasconcepts - YouTube

- EXTREME SCALE PERFORMANCE - YouTube

- HOYFAB - YouTube

- Rapid Rhino Productions - YouTube

- ferndogg310 - YouTube

Note: These producers rely on organic views & subscribers only. To the best of my knowledge, no bought views or subscribers have been associated with them. Just pure view finder talent and a passion for scale rc.

I prefer Toyofasts videos (sorry).

4. Have you seen the Captain? Axial has a BOLO out on Captain Axial. Find a pic of the missing Captain Axial and post it on the RECON G6 FB page. First pic, first to post. Do not re post a pic that has been someone has already shared.

Sorry, currently watching football. I'll try to edit it later when I have time to look around.

5. SMC Batteries are the Official Batteries of the RECON G6. If you could design a battery, what would be the ideal battery for the RECON G6? Post your answer here and at, https://www.facebook.com/smcracing

A 4000 mah battery that's in a 900 mah package.

Bonus Question

The Bautista Terror Pull Sled has claimed many a victim. In one senctenct, describe how you will put the beat down on the Baustista Terror.

It kicked my ass at Axialfest on the pavement, hopefully there will be a dirt area for this weekend. I'll do my best.....

Last edited by War Pig; 10-05-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

[SIZE="4"]1. What flavor of Jello will you use and why?
Grape, 'cause it will match my truck

2. Share a picture of what you will be driving in Oregon's first ever RECON G6 on the RECON G6 FB page and here, in this thread. Does your scaler have a name? If so, what is it?

As far as a name? Might go with "Purple Pebble Eater"

3. Link your favorite scale video from the following producers.
Don't have a favorite so to speak, I've watched many from most of them. They're all pretty cool.

Posted to Face-space Book thingy!!!

5. SMC Batteries are the Official Batteries of the RECON G6. If you could design a battery, what would be the ideal battery for the RECON G6?
Ideal? Small package 3S, lots of mAh!!!

Bonus Question

Dunno???? Never tried before, guess I'll just keep tugging?!?! But I'm guessing if it has kicked War Pig's rear in the past, I may have a rough time!

Sent from a rotary wing whirlygig at 10,000' inverted!

Last edited by Helicopter Len; 10-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Helicopter Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

I was planning on bringing the 6x6 I'm building, but I have a feeling I won't have it ready by then. In which case I will bring my Class 2 truck.
Fingonunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #74
Quarry Creeper

Adding another driver....found out my kiddo is out of school that day....Abeni Anderson scx 10 RTR stock
Attached Images

AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Paid! One adult and one kiddo....see you in Bend!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
Paid! One adult and one kiddo....see you in Bend!
Thank You, Sir. See ya'll there. Drive careful.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #77
Rock Stacker

All paid up
Nissan231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

All paid up also, never saw a confirmation when is sent the PayPal. Is there a list somewhere to double check?

Sent from a rotary wing whirlygig at 10,000' inverted!
Helicopter Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Great question, whatever color I kind find pre-made at a nearby convenience store because, well, convenience.

Well my vengeful hand of god co-driver call it "daddy's monster truck" so we'll go with that.

I seem to still have this bookmarked:

Wraith Craze - YouTube

Snitches get stitches. I see nothing.

I leave the thinking to the professionals.

Bonus Question

The Bautista Terror Pull Sled has claimed many a victim. In one sentence, describe how you will put the beat down on the Baustista Terror.

Bring it.

...and paid.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Blue....it brings great karma

Brush Buster......seems to find itself stuck in tumble weeds when busting through the desert

3. Link your favorite scale video from the following producers; - Rivasconcepts - YouTube - EXTREME SCALE PERFORMANCE - YouTube - HOYFAB - YouTube - Rapid Rhino Productions - YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ferndogg310 Note: These producers rely on organic views & subscribers only. To the best of my knowledge, no bought views or subscribers have been associated with them. Just pure view finder talent and a passion for scale rc.
Already posting links to these guys from twitter and fb page....in fact I need to get these guys on interview of my podcast so they can self promo from there

4. Have you seen the Captain? Axial has a BOLO out on Captain Axial. Find a pic of the missing Captain Axial and post it on the RECON G6 FB page. First pic, first to post. Do not re post a pic that has been someone has already shared. Bonus Points for pics with rc legends or rc babes.

The Captain is off for the weekend ..... He has been replaced by Jean Luc Pecard.....but he is currently crossing the border, which is okay because they don't speak english anyway.....

It would be solar powered and run a gyro stabalizer

Bonus Question The Bautista Terror Pull Sled has claimed many a victim. In one senctenct, describe how you will put the beat down on the Baustista Terror.

At this point I will grab a plate of nachos and cheer for the BT.....I am often found cheering for the bull at rodeos as well....
Attached Images

RECON G6 "Ruckus Juice & Jello" Bend, OR Oct. 12, 2013 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Swine Swagger" Sept 28, 2013 Hot Springs, AR DRIVNMF Recon G6 68 04-08-2014 04:48 PM
RECON G6 "Dia de los Muertos" at the Cantina for Con 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 39 11-20-2013 07:18 PM
RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada DRIVNMF Recon G6 29 10-05-2013 03:15 PM
RECON G6 "Sierra Trek" Aug. 10, 2013 DRIVNMF Recon G6 11 08-12-2013 02:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM