Quarry Creeper

Default Trying to find the rules and regulations for g6

Can't find the rules can anyone help.
chattinfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Trying to find the rules and regulations for g6

The RECON G6 Challenge is an r/c scale adventure that will test a driver’s ability and their r/c scalers capability. A driver will navigate a stage marked with trail markers and perform mandatory skill sections and complete driver challenges along the way.

Goal: Finish all predetermined stages and complete all mandatory skill sections and driver challenges while having fun.

Classes: There are several different classes that a driver may choose to drive. A driver may only challenge themselves in one class per RECON G6. Each class will offer a driver different levels of fun with different challenges and guidelines.

-RECON G6 Ultra Driver – This class is for drivers of 1.9 scale vehicles who take their scale challenge to the next level. An Ultra Driver will have to complete class specific stages and tasks and mandatory skill / driver challenges, twice. This class is a more like a rally cross style stage with a quicker pace and “oh my” mandatory challenges. Drivers of this class must use natural winch anchors points only or be helped from another Ultra Driver. Any outside assistance will result in a Stage DNF. There are no time restrictions for the Ultra Class Driver and a pee test for doping may not be mandatory, but highly recommended for any Ultra Class Driver who isn’t sweating.

-RECON G6 Adventurist – This class is for drivers of 1.9 scale vehicles who enjoy a challenge. The Adventurist will demonstrate driving ability with more skill sections and more stage challenges and contend with the ever present break out time. This is the class for the driver who realizes that finishing the adventure is the goal. Drivers may use natural winch anchor points or be assisted by other Adventurists by a tow strap, winch, or another drivers shoe laces. The Adventurist may partner up with fellow Adventurist or several to experience the stage as a group and help each other reach the goal of finishing.

-RECON G6 Team Challenge – This Team Challenge is for 1.9 drivers who share one scale vehicle. This could be two friends or two family members that drive and maintain one scaler. Each team driver will be required to drive half of the total stage. If a stage is 200 trail markers, each driver will be responsible for driving half of the trail markers then handing the driving duties over to their teammate to complete the stage and finish. Keeping your vehicle together is part of the team challenge. While one team member is driving, the other will be their stage buddy. A Team driver may winch off their stage buddies shoe lace.

-AXIAL Wraith / 2.2 Class – This class is for the Axial Wraith Driver. The driver will perform class specific mandatory skill sections and driver challenges. This class is also for the driver who likes to run 2.2 tires on their scale vehicle, aka “scaler training wheels”. All Axial Wraiths and 2.2 scale vehicles can use natural winch anchor points or receive assistance from other G6’ers. Drivers of this class will have a class specific break out time.

There is no class minimum for separate skill sections or finishing awards for any class.

RECON G6 Scale Vehicle Requirements:

Scale builders the rule of thumb here is simple; is it scale?

-A scale vehicle must be 1/10 car / truck with a scale chassis or custom tube scale chassis.

- Tires may be 1.55, 1.9, or 2.2, but must be a licensed manufactured tire or knock offs. Tires must resemble the real thing and can only be siped or grooved. No other alterations may be made.

- A minimum of 5 scale items must be attached and remain attached to the vehicle. This may include mandatory scale items that may be used on stage for recoveries. The number of scale items may vary from event to event.

- A tow strap is mandatory on all vehicles at every event. A tow strap may be used to assist or recover other drivers on stage.

- All scale recovery items/tools, must be attached to the vehicle and after their use, be placed back on the vehicle. This includes sand ramps, tow straps, and hi-lift jacks. The only exception is lug wrench or nut driver. Real tools may be on the driver.

- All classes are allowed to use dig and 4 wheel steering on their scalers if they choose.

RECON G6 Challenge™ Rules and Guidelines:

Rule #1 – NO HAND OF GOD. (HOG) A RECON G6 Challenge™ is all about driving. In keeping with the essence of the r/c scale scene a driver may not assist, stop, catch, or kick his/her vehicle. There are no penalties for winching or using your tow strap or for reverses, so DRIVE SMART! The penalty is a DQ for hogging your scale vehicle. Performing on course repairs or having to touch your vehicle for recovery purposes is not hogging. Picking your vehicle up out of water, mud, sand, or rolling it over onto its wheels with your hand is all examples of hogging your vehicle, thus resulting in a disqualification.

Rule #2 – A driver can not drive through a trail marker and reverse back through it to avoid trail obstacles. This will result in a DQ. A stage is directional and a driver must maintain the intended direction of travel. Reversing through the trail marker in the intended direction is ok and may be required during mandatory reverse skill sections.

Rule #3 – Mandatory skill sections are just that, MANDATORY! They will be located throughout a stage and will have an entrance and exit. There may or may not be a trail marker at a mandatory skill section. This does not mean you can bypass the section. Each class will have a mandatory skill section(s) and it will be marked with a class specific color boundary. A driver must drive their mandatory skill section, only.

Rule #4 – HAVE FUN! The RECON G6 Challenge is just that; a CHALLENGE. Each class has different parameters that must be met, but you are only cheating yourself out of one of the best experiences you will have with your r/c scaler by not driving with integrity and the willingness to perform each challenge in the spirit of scale r/c.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

General Guidelines:

Stage Format:

- A RECON G6 Main Stage will consist of 3 distinct stages. Each stage will take a driver through various terrain conditions and return them to G-Central where a driver may pit for repairs, eat lunch, or full fill a mandatory pit stop. Some drivers may choose to continue on with the next stage, but all vehicle break downs that happen on stage, must be repaired at the spot of the breakage. Taking the time to pit, may save a driver from a lengthy on stage repair.

-Trail Markers [1 min] – Trail Markers are numbered and different colors to mark the stage route and direction of travel. The red trail marker is always on a driver’s right and is the intended direction of travel through the trail marker. The left trail marker denotes the stage a driver is on. White, Blue, or Yellow trail markers are examples of possible stage colors. A driver may not straddle a trail marker. A driver must get all 4 tires through the trail marker. If a driver dislodges a trail marker or steps on a trail marker, that driver is responsible for putting that trail marker back in to position.

- Stage Boundaries [5 min] – There are several types of stage boundaries. A sponsored stage boundary is a boundary that displays G6 sponsors and is the only boundary section of a stage that multiple drivers can be in at the same time. All other boundaries are one driver at a time inside the boundary. A Pink boundary is always a time bonus; whether it is a driving section or a driver task, pink = time bonus. Orange ribbon marks 1.9 mandatory skill sections. Yellow ribbon marks Ultra Drivers mandatory skill sections. Blue ribbon marks the Wraith and 2.2 skill sections. All of the above mentioned boundary markers, if touched by a driver’s vehicle is a penalty. If a pink ribbon is touched, no time bonus will be awarded and the driver must finish the section and mark his/her boundary penalty.

- Mandatory Skill Sections are marked with the appropriate boundary ribbon and must be driven. A mandatory skill section may be driving through mud, water, snow, sand, or a taco stand. A driver may be asked to drive up or down a steep grade, handle a tarmac track or hook up to a pull sled and attempt a full pull. A mandatory skill section is designed to test the driver’s ability and his/her vehicle’s capability.

-G-Tags [15 min] – G-Tags are additional placards on a trail marker. Think of a G-Tag as a check point. G-Tags will be placed along a stage and will be in a specific order. A driver that misses a trail marker with a G-Tag will receive a time penalty.

- Driver Log Book – The Driver Log book has replaced the stage buddy. Drivers will all be on stage, driving. The driver log book must be maintained and the necessary information must be logged or the driver will receive a time penalty for an incomplete log book. G-Tags, boundaries, and time bonuses are examples of what a driver will track in their log book.

- Driver Challenges are tasks that the driver must complete. A driver never knows what he or she will have to do, but rest assured, it will provide spectators (and myself) entertainment. Some examples of past tasks have been hop scotch, airsoft target shooting, or reaching into a bucket of guts for a time bonus. I love driver challenges.

- Stage Challenges have drivers keeping their eyes wide open for objects of desire. A stage challenge that a driver completes may net them a time bonus or even swag.

- “Not Mandatory, but Highly Recommended”, is a phrase often used to describe an event specific task. As stated, these tasks are not mandatory, but highly recommended and would behoove a driver to participate in this task.

- Stage etiquette should be adhered to at all times. Make 3 attempts at a trail obstacle and then winch or receive assistance from a fellow G6’er. Drive smart. There is no penalty for winching or having a fellow G6’er assist you. Faster drivers have the right of way.

- All scale items must remain attached to the vehicle. If a tow strap or sand ramp has to be used, it has to be replaced back on the vehicle. Keeping a recovery item in your pocket is unacceptable. The number of scale items may change depending on the G6. In addition, a specific scale item may be required. A driver must meet these changing requirements.

- Time Bonuses [5 min] - There are two types of time bonuses that a driver can earn. First, a driving time bonus must be completed cleanly to earn. If a driver has to assist their vehicle in any way or a boundary marker is touched or crossed by the vehicle, no time bonus will be awarded and the section must be completed before a driver can move on, even if this means winching out of the section or being pulled out by a fellow G6’er. The second is a driver’s challenge. A driver must successfully complete the task to earn the time bonus.

- Driver’s Meeting Challenge is an online challenge that a driver must successfully complete to receive a time bonus or swag at the driver’s meeting.

- Pit Repairs -[No Penalty] - Every G6’er knows that sooner or later, no matter how much preparation went into their G-Ride, something is going to break. In the G6 Challenge, any breakage that happens on stage, must be repaired then and there. If the repair cannot be made on stage, then a G6'er may make a Pit Repair. Naturally, a driver may find a flat spot near the breakage spot that is out of the way of fellow G6’ers, that is perfectly ok, but if a driver needs to make the repairs in the pit, they need to head straight to the pits. After the pit repair has been completed, the driver must return to the spot where they removed thier scaler from the stage and continue. There will be no penalty when a driver removes his/her scaler from the stage for a Pit Repair. A driver's time will not stop for Pit Repairs. A driver must finish with the scaler that they started with. No switching of scalers, if a scaler cannot be repaired, the driver must immediately inform G-Central of their DNF.

New for 2012

Pit Repairs are new for 2012. A Driver that cannot make an on stage repair, may head to their pit to make the needed repairs.

What is missing from the G6 Challenge this year is the “stage buddy”. Drivers will line up and head out to tackle the G6 Challenge together.
Now drivers can pair up or drive in a group or tackle the stage like a lone wolf and hope the stage don’t bite first or you’ll be asking a fellow G6’er for some assistance.

Team Challenge Drivers will be the only class that has a stage buddy and when the first driver has completed all stages, he/she will switch roles and the second driver will drive all the stages.

A driver will still face several stages of G6 adrenaline packed adventure, but a driver will face the stages while the clock ticks. For the Ultra Driver, this means driving smooth is fast, but for all the others, time is on their side. They are going to need it to complete the challenges that await them.

What has not changed for 2012 is the pure adventure that each RECON G6 Challenge™ brings. Drivers better read the intel thoroughly, because each G6 is different in one way or another and that will never change. If you love driving your r/c scaler as much as I do and you breathe adventure, then light the lipo’s and come get your scaler fix…

…in a RECON G6!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks bud. Where did you find that. I searched everywhere.
chattinfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I copied and pasted on our club forum for our G6 events.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

The Classes are a little different in 2014.

Cheers
Daniel
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

yes,these are from 2012-13.

ive yet to see the 14 version.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

This are the most recent classes I found:
Classes -

- 1.9 Adventurist Class - This class is for all scalers using 1.9 size wheels & tires. It doesn’t matter your driving ability or your truck’s capability, everyone and every truck is capable of finding adventure here.

- 2.2 Adventurist - This class is for all scalers using 2.2 size wheels & tires. If you like big tires, this is your class. The 2.2 Adventurist will face bigger challenges, and their driving ability and scaler capability will be tested, as well. The 2.2 Adventurist has become a premiere class in the RECON G6.

- Expedition Class - “NEW” for 2014 and available at the Birthday Bash G6, - This class is for 6x6’s and scalers with trailers. This class will have more mandatory scale items and is geared towards the builders who enjoy the challenges of driving a 6x6 Truck or towing a trailer. Wheel and tire size are restricted to 1.9’s. Tires must be scale licensed or scale knock-offs. Expedition 6x6’s and G-Rides with trailers will each be awarded.

- RECON Ready Wrangler Modified Class - “NEW” for 2014 and available at the Birthday Bash G6, - This class is for the new Axial Jeep Wrangler G6 kit. Drivers are allowed to run any motor / esc combination, servo of your choice, any 1.9 tire / wheel combination, & battery of your choice. Rear steer and dig are not mandatory, but highly recommended. A winch and Pull Pal are not mandatory, but highly recommended. No AR60 or Wroncho style axles. The Stock body, frame rails, transmission case, and cage must be used. Stock or upgraded parts for the Axial SCX10 may be used, including transmission cases, axle housings, drivelines, steering knuckles, C’s, etcetera. Drivers finding adventure in the RECON Ready Wrangler Modified Class are eligible for a new kit & swag package.

- RECON G6 Driving Diva of the Day Award - “New” for 2014 & available at the Birthday Bash G6,- The best 1.9 Adventurist and 2.2 Adventurist female driver will be receive an award for their efforts.

- RECON G6 Driving Durty Award - “New” for 2014 & available at the Birthday Bash G6. This award will be awarded for the top 1.9 Adventurist & 2.2 Adventurist 15 years or younger.

Cheers
Daniel
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

so only Recon G6 wrangler class is eligible for a new kit?
Richterat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

that's the way it reads to me..
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

So the way I understand the 1.9 adventurist class the twin hammers can be allowed? Correct me if wrong.
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

yes..
Old 02-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #13

hey done any body know if the spare tire has to be functional i hide mine between my flat bed and frame i would like to hide my servo winch inside my spare tire and run tubing up to the front
rch_carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
so only Recon G6 wrangler class is eligible for a new kit?
Yes. The RECON Ready Open Class is for the Axial Jeep Wrangler G6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskyjedi View Post
So the way I understand the 1.9 adventurist class the twin hammers can be allowed? Correct me if wrong.
Yes. The 1.9 Adventurist Class is open to ALL makes and models except for the Axial RECON Ultra4 G6 & Axialfest.

Reason being, Axial is the Official RC Truck of Ultra4 racing and Axialfest is a celebration of all things Axial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rch_carter View Post
hey done any body know if the spare tire has to be functional i hide mine between my flat bed and frame i would like to hide my servo winch inside my spare tire and run tubing up to the front
No, unless otherwise stated. Lately, some drivers have had to use their spare tire. No kidding. Sometimes, there is a spare tire challenge, but a spare is not mandatory for the challenge.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #15

What class does 1.9 tires (proline swamper xl) stretch over 2.2 rims be in, 1.9 class? or 2.2 class? Or do you mesure tire height? If so, wat is the maxium tire height allowed for 1.9 class?
Lava Crawlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Crawlah View Post
What class does 1.9 tires (proline swamper xl) stretch over 2.2 rims be in, 1.9 class? or 2.2 class? Or do you mesure tire height? If so, wat is the maxium tire height allowed for 1.9 class?
1.9 tires over 2.2 rims would still be in the 1.9 class as long as you have production tires(which you do)...no cut and shuts.

Sent from a rock
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava Crawlah View Post
What Gottorque said.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #18

Are proline 2.2 flat irons considered "licensed manufactured tire"
elmerive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerive View Post
Are proline 2.2 flat irons considered "licensed manufactured tire"
They aren't licensed, but they are manufactured. You can definitely run em
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #20

Thanks I was trying to figure out if I needed to go buy new tires
elmerive is offline   Reply With Quote

Trying to find the rules and regulations for g6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
public land regulations? buggynutt Colorado 11 01-30-2014 10:57 AM
********competition regulations********* xxinterboyxx Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 05-12-2009 02:38 AM
2.2 regulations SpikeX Newbie General 1 03-28-2009 10:34 PM
where can i find the rules asalcines Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 12-16-2008 12:46 AM
where can i find rules & regs for comps? TONKA TOY General Crawlers 3 05-24-2007 08:23 PM