Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2014 Recon G6 schedule??

Good call bud. Hoping we get one close to me so I can get the liberty out
chattinfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Would love to see some Southeast/East Coast events this year!
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

keep an eye on RECONG6.com ...

the schedule will be up within the next couple days.

funk
sisterfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Anticipation.......
Attached Images

AdventureIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterfunk View Post
keep an eye on RECONG6.com ...

the schedule will be up within the next couple days.

funk

Seriously?

why would I keep an eye on a website that isn't up to date?

They haven't even put the information for the birthday bash up there yet and it's in two days.

Not to be a dick, but it seems like the local events have been really neglected this year. Always remember, Don't bite the hand that feeds you, but then always remember don't shit where you eat.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
Seriously?

why would I keep an eye on a website that isn't up to date?

They haven't even put the information for the birthday bash up there yet and it's in two days.

Not to be a dick, but it seems like the local events have been really neglected this year. Always remember, Don't bite the hand that feeds you, but then always remember don't shit where you eat.

First things first. the website is not 100% operational at this time.

That being said, keep posted here on RCC for all up dates until the other site is up and G-joggn'

What local events did you go to that were neglected this year? Every Recon G6 that I have attended was anything but neglected. There is a lot of time and effort going into each and every one of these events.

But, if we are going to start using idioms, then here are some.
Lend me your ear
Every cloud has a silver lining
Or is that water under the bridge?
But most importantly. Don't write a check your a$$ can't cash.
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post

That being said, keep posted here on RCC for all up dates until the other site is up and G-joggn'

What local events did you go to that were neglected this year? Every Recon G6 that I have attended was anything but neglected. There is a lot of time and effort going into each and every one of these events.

But, if we are going to start using idioms, then here are some.
Lend me your ear
Every cloud has a silver lining
Or is that water under the bridge?
Very well put TREE.You said what I was thinking. PARKER has done a great job with the G6`s, and any info I have needed about a G6 I have been able to find right here on RCCRAWLER.COM or on the RECON G6 FB page. PARKER, Keep up the AWESOME work.
C.WEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I crap where I eat so the hand that feeds me doesn't write a check that his @$$ cant cash and tries to take my food when I decide I'll eat when I want to not when I'm told I have to!!!

Curious where to find a list of current "Rules" or "Guidelines" for the R.E.C.O.N. Adventure series. Latest I saw was posted for 2010 and only mentioned 2.2 rigs.

I want to start having Competitions here in Colorado Springs but I'm not exactly sure how to conform. USRCCA covers "Comp Crawling" not "scale adventure". Any direction would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

"Red"
Member SoCo RC Crawlers
https://www.facebook.com/SOCORCCrawlers?ref=br_tf

EDIT** Found what I needed - thank all

Last edited by redsawacs; 12-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Trust me tree, I can cash any check I write.

If the site isn't functional then it needs to be taken down.

Also don't you think it's kinda funny that all the driver of the year awards were pre done prior to the whole event? Seems kinds funny if you ask me, but then again I tell it how it is.

What if one of the drive of the year winners didn't show up? Hell 2.2 driver of the year didn't even finish the birthday bash this past weekend and still won driver of the year and personally I've only seen him at two maybe three events.

I'll be the first to sag it. RIGGED!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Who really cares if its rigged. I don't know if you are aware but this is supposed to be for fun. I for one do not ever go to a comp to win. I go to make new friends hone my skills, learn and have fun. Take this how you wish but jeez take a chill pill
chattinfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Trust me tree, I can cash any check I write.

Good to hear money bags

If the site isn't functional then it needs to be taken down.
I did not say it is not functioning, I said that it is not 100% yet.

Also don't you think it's kinda funny that all the driver of the year awards were pre done prior to the whole event? Seems kinds funny if you ask me, but then again I tell it how it is.

Were you not there and listening to Parker during the award ceremony?
the driver of the year went out to the one that not only can drive, but also the one who brings the spirit of the G6, brings their family, helps others etc. Not about who made every G6 and won every one.

What if one of the drive of the year winners didn't show up? Hell 2.2 driver of the year didn't even finish the birthday bash this past weekend and still won driver of the year and personally I've only seen him at two maybe three events.

Stryker Chitty ( youngest driver of the year) was not there and yet he still won an award for the year. So please see above.

I'll be the first to sag it. RIGGED!
If all you are wanting is to win a prize then maybe you should start your own gig and that way you can make all the rules, and you can make sure that you are the driver of the day, month, year, decade, century, and the driver of the universe!

While you do that, everyone else will be embracing what the G6 is, and that is a life style, something you might not understand. It is NOT about winning, or having a trophy for every event. it is about the friendships, both old and new that accompany this hobby. This year I know that I have made many new friends, and it is awesome to see the G6 family grow to what it is now, and knowing what it will become in the future. I know I can say this for most of us... I am proud to be a G6er!

See you at the next one.

TREE
Old 12-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #13
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
If all you are wanting is to win a prize then maybe you should start your own gig and that way you can make all the rules, and you can make sure that you are the driver of the day, month, year, decade, century, and the driver of the universe!

While you do that, everyone else will be embracing what the G6 is, and that is a life style, something you might not understand. It is NOT about winning, or having a trophy for every event. it is about the friendships, both old and new that accompany this hobby. This year I know that I have made many new friends, and it is awesome to see the G6 family grow to what it is now, and knowing what it will become in the future. I know I can say this for most of us... I am proud to be a G6er!

See you at the next one.

TREE

Unlike most people in the younger generation, I understand it's not about winning or getting a trophy or prize, but when you see the same 6 or 7 guys it will make your head wonder. You wonder how it's always the same group. I have made numerous friendships at g6's and other comps, and yes I understand that this is what keeps this hobby alive, the comradery between fellow rc enthusiasts new and old alike, helping each other out in a bind, or at a comp. Hell I've tossed someone a transmission, motor and esc at one comp just to see them finish.

I'm not saying I'm not proud to be a member of the G6 family, I am proud to be a part of that. Hell I remember when Parker used to run actual comps, and keep a rolling tally for the season for scores, but that was when we all ran comp crawlers too. It'd be nice to see that come back, not the comp crawlers but the season toll for points, I mean isn't that why he passes out score cards? To keep an actual score for the season?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see more local events for the G6 series, especially ones at places where all of this started, Like moon rocks, and prison hill. Heck I bet most of the G6 family hasn't ever seen a single line out a prison hill.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #14

Seriously guys, I'm over this BS.. if you don't like our house then you can get the F**K out. I'm so tired of seeing people getting on Parker like he's doing something wrong, you don't know what it's like to put on an event like a G6 ( hell I only know a small portion) but what I do know, is that Parker dose not sleep till the job is done. he goes above and beyond what we could ask for in a G6 to make it worth our drive no matter where we are coming from. So back to my first statement.... if you don't like it then don't come! The G6 has made this year one of my best years, getting out meeting*new people. it really is a family. I know that when I go to these events everyone there to support me and back me up and help me as I'm sitting on the trail. last but not least.. PARKER KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK Love Ya Dude ;)
DrivinDiva2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Unlike most people in the younger generation, I understand it's not about winning or getting a trophy or prize, but when you see the same 6 or 7 guys it will make your head wonder. You wonder how it's always the same group. I have made numerous friendships at g6's and other comps, and yes I understand that this is what keeps this hobby alive, the comradery between fellow rc enthusiasts new and old alike, helping each other out in a bind, or at a comp. Hell I've tossed someone a transmission, motor and esc at one comp just to see them finish.

I'm not saying I'm not proud to be a member of the G6 family, I am proud to be a part of that. Hell I remember when Parker used to run actual comps, and keep a rolling tally for the season for scores, but that was when we all ran comp crawlers too. It'd be nice to see that come back, not the comp crawlers but the season toll for points, I mean isn't that why he passes out score cards? To keep an actual score for the season?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see more local events for the G6 series, especially ones at places where all of this started, Like moon rocks, and prison hill. Heck I bet most of the G6 family hasn't ever seen a single line out a prison hill.

I agree with you, as I too would love to have a G6 locally every month or so....
As for the score cards, they are passed out so that people can mark down the TM that are hit, penalty winches and the stamps/time bonuses. How do you propose the scoring goes?
By over all time, because it is not a race, that is why a lot of people got away from the comp scene. They were tired of all the rules. People were outraged over the ULTRA drivers passing everyone, and being so "RUDE" so now if the only way to win is to be the fastest, don't you think that people will be pissed off when everyone is in such a hurry that they do not stop to help someone stranded because it will affect their overall time? So then it would not be an adventure, it would be a race.
You are more than welcome to put in your two cents and PM Parker with your ideas, hell maybe he will even use them.
It takes more than people realize to put on a G6 or any other competition/trail rides. And although people try, there is no way to keep everyone happy.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I agree with you, as I too would love to have a G6 locally every month or so....
As for the score cards, they are passed out so that people can mark down the TM that are hit, penalty winches and the stamps/time bonuses. How do you propose the scoring goes?
By over all time, because it is not a race, that is why a lot of people got away from the comp scene. They were tired of all the rules. People were outraged over the ULTRA drivers passing everyone, and being so "RUDE" so now if the only way to win is to be the fastest, don't you think that people will be pissed off when everyone is in such a hurry that they do not stop to help someone stranded because it will affect their overall time? So then it would not be an adventure, it would be a race.
You are more than welcome to put in your two cents and PM Parker with your ideas, hell maybe he will even use them.
It takes more than people realize to put on a G6 or any other competition/trail rides. And although people try, there is no way to keep everyone happy.

The biggest problem with the Recon Scoring is it has never really been explained in depth. It would be easy to do it off of a points system similar to sorcca, but with a re-write in the recon language. Start everyone off with x ammount of points lets say 100, hit a gate, mark it down and deduct lets say 10 points, have to do a penalty winch, mark it down, -2 more points, help flip someone over +4 points, help pull someone through a gate +2 points etc. You can adapt this to ultra, adventure, and the new expidition classes very easily and I'll even help him do it. It wouldn't be about a time limit, but rather a point and penalty system, (*note* Time limit would be imposed on the ultra class because that is what they are after all in it for *note*) Once you have the said score cards in hand once the drivers start to turn up on stage, it's just a matter of simple addition and subtraction to figure out who #1 for that day would be.

I'm not in it to make this harder, but rather easier so everyone can understand the system and how it would be scored. If need be, I'll sit down with parker and help him do the scoring system and how to explain it.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I just don't think you get it at all, it's not about what your score is....it's about having fun.

G6 is there for the Adventure, SORRCA is there for the competition and scores. Sounds like you need to get involved with U4RC, it's a nice combo of both.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The biggest problem with the Recon Scoring is it has never really been explained in depth. It would be easy to do it off of a points system similar to sorcca, but with a re-write in the recon language. Start everyone off with x ammount of points lets say 100, hit a gate, mark it down and deduct lets say 10 points, have to do a penalty winch, mark it down, -2 more points, help flip someone over +4 points, help pull someone through a gate +2 points etc. You can adapt this to ultra, adventure, and the new expidition classes very easily and I'll even help him do it. It wouldn't be about a time limit, but rather a point and penalty system, (*note* Time limit would be imposed on the ultra class because that is what they are after all in it for *note*) Once you have the said score cards in hand once the drivers start to turn up on stage, it's just a matter of simple addition and subtraction to figure out who #1 for that day would be.

I'm not in it to make this harder, but rather easier so everyone can understand the system and how it would be scored. If need be, I'll sit down with parker and help him do the scoring system and how to explain it.
I think Parker dont have the time to sit and play with number.He is thinks what to do for the next G-6 train is doing.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:

Go to a GSRCC endurance event, it has most of the elements you seem to be looking for and leave the g6 formula alone.

by the way there is one this Sat 12/14/13 at the Folsom Rodeo Grounds, 10am start. plenty of time to get over the hill

Last edited by halfcab; 12-10-2013 at 05:14 PM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinDiva2013 View Post
Seriously guys, I'm over this BS.. if you don't like our house then you can get the F**K out. I'm so tired of seeing people getting on Parker like he's doing something wrong, you don't know what it's like to put on an event like a G6 ( hell I only know a small portion) but what I do know, is that Parker dose not sleep till the job is done. he goes above and beyond what we could ask for in a G6 to make it worth our drive no matter where we are coming from. So back to my first statement.... if you don't like it then don't come! The G6 has made this year one of my best years, getting out meeting*new people. it really is a family. I know that when I go to these events everyone there to support me and back me up and help me as I'm sitting on the trail. last but not least.. PARKER KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK Love Ya Dude ;)
agreed!
Parker and the G crew do an amazing job of setting up these events, and they keep getting better every time. KEEP DOING WORK, PARKER
Rock Hoppin is offline   Reply With Quote

2014 Recon G6 schedule?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013-2014 Schedule and other club stuff azvader Arizona 39 10-01-2014 08:02 AM
NARCCA 2013/2014 Competition Schedule Redlinerob Arizona 78 07-27-2014 11:14 AM
SSRCC 2014 schedule. stelerzman Florida 75 06-21-2014 06:52 PM
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
2014 VARCOR Comp Schedule KBrog Virginia 4 08-20-2013 12:40 PM