Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #141
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

KOH was a success! Thanks to Parker, Jesse, Rivas, Rebar, Corey and the RPP crew and all the Axial guys for the great time.

The RECON course was sick and crawlin it with Tree and Chris was just icing. KOH 2015 here I come

gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #142
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

that black & white/orange photo is way sick alec you da man!
cushdog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #143
Jerry's RC Garage

Name:  2014-02-08 16.09.49.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  118.7 KBName:  MEF_1810-M.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  120.1 KB

Thank You!!! Axial Racing, RECON G6, Rivas Concepts RC Page, RCFunkechld, Gear Head RC, Kling-On RC, Pull Pal, Team FastEddy, Pit Bull Xtreme RC Company, LLC and Arciero Sports.

I would like to also thank my main Sponsors. Law Office of Rhonda Ellifritz, MadDogRC, Undertaker Custom Paint, Pull Pal, and Scott Anthony Thank you for the support and helping me along the way. Also would like to Thank Pit Bull Tires without the traction of the 1.9 rock beast it would not be possible.
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:18 AM   #144
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushdog58 View Post
that black & white/orange photo is way sick alec you da man!

I agree!!!

That is my favorite pic so far......
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #145
RCC Addict

Great Event, Great turn out, AWESOME day in the BEAUTIFUL So Cal Desert, Parker and the G6 Crew did an awesome job!
The trail/course was on par with KOH, just a good day to play toy trucks with a lot of great people!
I was just happy to finish the trail! Cause 'finishing a G6 is like..' you know the rest!
Thanks again to my fellow U4RC Crew for making a presence and thank you Axial Racing for hosting such a great event Friday and Saturday!
Congrats Jerry to the 1.9 Driver of the day, that's just awesome bro!
Congrats to my buddy Don Hughs for the 2.2 Adventurist driver of the day!
Congrats to Rich Bolts for the 2.2 Ultra driver of the day AND the winner of the Axial Ultra 4 challange race on friday night!
You all represented SoCal and U4RC very well!
Cant wait for the G6 crew and another G6 event to come back to SoCal!!

Last edited by KRAWLR4life; 02-10-2014 at 09:26 AM.
KRAWLR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #146
Rock Crawler

Thank you to all of you that keep this hobby growing. Kling-On RC is a proud sponsor of the RECON G6 and from the looks of the first 2014 G6 event at The King of The Hammers this year will be the best year yet! What a great turnout for a location that is literally in the middle of nowhere and it wouldn't be possible without the work and dedication the G-Crew brings to each event. You guys are troopers and we all appreciate it. The 6x6 had its struggles and had a DNF. However a good friend of mine ran his first G6 with the Kling-On RC camo S10 and finished the event. See you all at the next G6 up here in NorCal. Kling-On RC "The Original Spot to Let Your RC Hang"
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Huge Thanks to Axial Racing and the crew at RECON for having us U4RC guys In the booth. The race and G6 events both went off with a great turnout of drivers, and fun courses. Thanks to all that came out, see you next year!
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #148
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
Attachment 271794Attachment 271795

Thank You!!! Axial Racing, RECON G6, Rivas Concepts RC Page, RCFunkechld, Gear Head RC, Kling-On RC, Pull Pal, Team FastEddy, Pit Bull Xtreme RC Company, LLC and Arciero Sports.

I would like to also thank my main Sponsors. Law Office of Rhonda Ellifritz, MadDogRC, Undertaker Custom Paint, Pull Pal, and Scott Anthony Thank you for the support and helping me along the way. Also would like to Thank Pit Bull Tires without the traction of the 1.9 rock beast it would not be possible.
Good job Jerry and congrats.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

Wow! What a day. I didn't think I would be able to finish. G6ing at King of the Hammers, then jetting to Long Beach for a wedding reception. It was a long fun filled day.

Thank you Parker, the G6 crew, all the sponsors, and all the G6ers.

Here are a few photos I was able to take while doing work...

G-Central:

See the slideshow.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
Wow! What a day. I didn't think I would be able to finish. G6ing at King of the Hammers, then jetting to Long Beach for a wedding reception. It was a long fun filled day.

Thank you Parker, the G6 crew, all the sponsors, and all the G6ers.

Here are a few photos I was able to take while doing work...

G-Central:

See the slideshow.
I seen the stage complete sign, drove the rc to the tent and picked my truck up to change the batt before gate 51 and paul made me mark my card. It was fun, but a little more info on "how to win or how to get nomanated for prizes would have been nice. Its like u show up, run, and hope u win? I paid attention to the meeting I kno there were odd things out in the course u could grab ect.....a little confusing for a 1st timer. oh well I finished and it was fun. Definetly doin it again! 1.9 mabye; I feel besides the couple hard inclines the 2.2 was too easy.very cool guys thanks for inviting us to crawl with you. My inexperience just proves I need to get on the road to more g6's.
puffntough760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #151
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffntough760 View Post
I seen the stage complete sign, drove the rc to the tent and picked my truck up to change the batt before gate 51 and paul made me mark my card. It was fun, but a little more info on "how to win or how to get nominated for prizes would have been nice. Its like u show up, run, and hope u win? I paid attention to the meeting I kno there were odd things out in the course u could grab ect.....a little confusing for a 1st timer. oh well I finished and it was fun. Definitely doin it again! 1.9 mabye; I feel besides the couple hard inclines the 2.2 was too easy.very cool guys thanks for inviting us to crawl with you. My inexperience just proves I need to get on the road to more g6's.

Huh? Battery changes and on course repairs are penalty free and dont count as a rig touch.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:51 PM   #152
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Huh? Battery changes and on course repairs are penalty free and dont count as a rig touch.

That is true. Also during the drivers meeting Parker stated that if you had to carry your rig back for repairs and then went back to the spot that you broke, that too was not a rig touch....
But especially battery changes are not considered a rig touch.
As for winning prizes. They are completely random, a number is chosen and then they go down the list and call names...
Old 02-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #153
Pebble Pounder

He said"what r u doing picking up your truck". I said sorry, thought we were done with that stage and continued to say ill mark my card, at the same time he looked away from me and started another conversation with the person behind me. No biggy I was just dumb founded by it.. In my opinion they should have scheduled the event during the week so the ppl that were going out just for the g6; didnt go the day without food vendors, portable restrooms, ect..... for a first timer didnt seem like it lived up to the hype it generated.lived close to this one; so im probably just used to the terrain. Im just gonna have to go to more to find out.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #154
Quarry Creeper

Although the food venders were gone, the port-a-johns were still there.

I heard that they were gone, but after the G6 ALL of the bathrooms were still there and operable.

During the week there are many people that cannot make it, and there are many different venues that the G6 cannot impinge upon, like LCQ and EMC etc... Plus there are many G6ers who cannot make it until Saturday, therefore that is the day that is scheduled.
As for your battery change dilemma, sorry for the confusion, if you or any other G6er has a technical question PLEASE. PLEASE feel free to ask before you turn in your score cards. That way Parker is aware of any issues that may arise.
I am glade that you had fun, I know that I had a blast, even though I left G-Central and hour and a half after the most people left. The lines were sick and the atmosphere was nothing sort of amazing!
But remember that if you received a Pit Bull Dog Tag then you have done something amazing... you finished a R.E.C.O.N. G6, which by the way took me 3 tries before I finished a single one... I even failed at the Birthday bash and only got to finish 16 Tms before I put the rig back on the Cling On for the day.

TREE
Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #155
RCP CRAWLERS

Hey Parker congrats on other successful G6
... wish I could have been there.....but it looks like Rich Boltz represented RCP Crawlers rather well & took home the GOLD
Thanks for all your hard work
Attached Images

ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #156
Rock Stacker

Well, All I can say is AMAZING! Thank You Parker, Rivas and Jesse. Also a huge THANK YOU to Rodney, Scotty, Scott G., John, Will and everyone else from AXIAL RACING. You all made this one of the most memorable times of my life, and for that thank you. I am so proud to be a part of the R.E.C.O.N. G6 crew. A big thank you to my great friend TREE my traveling buddy. We made the miles down and back much faster.But most of all thank you to all of the G6ers that came from near and far to support the AXIAL R.E.C.O.N. G6, without you we would just be some crazy guys walking around the desert. I apologize if I have left anyone out, two days later and my mind is still realing. Oh! gottorque thank you for g6'n with tree and I and hanging out with us afterwords. Your driving skills are 2nd to none. Again, THANK YOU everyone. Chris
C.WEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #157
Pebble Pounder

So just for future refrence, im suppossed to go to my rig do repairs, battery change, before reporting to g central? Yeah it was fun and I did limp the last three gates without a screw holding the knuckle on the c hub. Somehow stripped my aluminum chubs. Wierd. Added some reality nostalgic to it lol.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #158
RCC Addict

Quote:
So just for future refrence, im suppossed to go to my rig do repairs, battery change, before reporting to g central? Yeah it was fun and I did limp the last three gates without a screw holding the knuckle on the c hub. Somehow stripped my aluminum chubs. Wierd. Added some reality nostalgic to it lol.
all you have to do is stop fix it and go on having fun
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #159
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

You do not have to go to your rig for repairs, if you have the parts/batteries with you on the trail. Personally I have enough parts and tools to completely rebuild my rig and it all fits in my back back that I carry. Before I even started the G6 I gave away some transmission parts and a complete drive shaft. And then during the G6 I gave out both of my spare batteries that I was carrying to others so that they could complete the G6. If you can fix it out on the trail then by all means do so, but if you cannot then you can go back to your rig and fix it there.
Hope this helps.

TREE

2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM
RECON Inferno Series Round 7 "The Night Comp" Spucknit Competitions 33 08-29-2010 06:57 AM