Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 07:26 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

Good call, and well said Skeeno....
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

In for this 1!
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I would still like to see an endurence style Ultra4 Rc race, longer course not a track. G6 but a race, thats why I loved the Ultra Class. I dont care much for the wear and tear put on my rig from a race like U4RC.
TheDude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:35 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureIQ View Post
Once location is nailed down, I can start planning for go/no-go
Here is the link to the location. The RECON G6 Stage will be close to Hammer Town and may or may not utilize part of the actual race course like last year.

RECONG6 Ultra4 KOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
It will be on the Means dry lake bed (aka Hammertown) at Johnson Valley OHV, outside of Landers, CA
Thanks, gottorque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_1 View Post
New guy question, Is this an ultra 4 event with a separate G6 event? I would be traveling and have no ultra 4 vehicle only g6. How many gates are these events usually? Thanks.
The "racing" action is an after hours event. Last year, we had the first ever Ultra4 RC Dakar that had a parade lap to the Hammer Town Bon Fire and then an all out sprint to a pre-determined finish line!!!!

Way too much fun!

The G6 Stage will have 100 main stage trail markers and depending what class you run, could have an additional 25 to 50 class specific trail markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
Great question.
See above, sir. I know the little sami is packing some horsepower, so I won't be racing for pinks! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude530 View Post
I would still like to see an endurence style Ultra4 Rc race, longer course not a track. G6 but a race, thats why I loved the Ultra Class. I dont care much for the wear and tear put on my rig from a race like U4RC.
See the "after hours" racing action mentioned above.

Yes, you will see a longer Axial RECON Ultra4 G6 stage.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
Hummmm.

This looks like someone is trying to step on U4RC????

Bring the Family. Bring your friends. Bring your sense of adventure. The 2014 Axial RECON Ultra4 G6 will have you on the edge of your scale adventure seat. Join us for all the King of the Hammers racing action, including racing action on Axial Blvd. Not only will there be an Axial Adventure trail, but new for 2014, Ultra 4 racing action. Do you like bragging rights? Do you like swag? Do you like being the fastest driver of the day? Night? Week? Then come experience Ultra 4 racing Axial 1/10 scale RECON style.

Come get your scale adventure fix, at the 2014 Axial RECON Ultra4 G6!

Happy New Year, Doc.

Your skill and building talents have been an assest to all of us in 2013. I look forward to the level of professionalism that I know you will bring to the RC community in 2014.

If you have racing skillz, I am always down for a little after hours "Ultra4" racing like we did last year. It's a big desert, I am sure there will be some talented individuals there to throw a little track up to get down and durty on!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Default 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

Hey Parker, myself and a friend of mine were talking on how bad ass it would be to go to one of these G6 events but the ride from Nashville to Nevada would be a bit to much. So I kept looking at the 2014 event calendar and saw that you will be having a G6 event in ST. MO. We live in Nashville Tennessee and that's just about 5 hrs away so it's looking like we are going to make this event and get to meet a bunch of new people and just plain have an awesome time with everyone on the trails. This will be our first time G6'n with the whole crew and hopefully many more to come. I was wondering cause it say it's in April for the St. Mo G6 event is this on a first come first serve type of event or just keep an eye on the date and when it opens up we register. Really looking forward to going to this G6 event and meeting a whole bunch of people and just plain have a lot fun out trailing..

Thanks Jose aka muddywaters

Last edited by muddywaters; 01-08-2014 at 03:14 PM.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I always liked the ideology, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" and it seems like a race would be contradictory to said ideology of "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6."

Additionally, in my opinion, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" promotes comradery and friendliness. Providing a tow or winch line, which is all a part of "doing work." "Do work G6ers!"

Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Hey Parker, myself and a friend of mine were talking on how bad ass it would be to go to one of these G6 events but the ride from Nashville to Nevada would be a bit to much. So I kept looking at the 2014 event calendar and saw that you will be having a G6 event in ST. MO. We live in Nashville Tennessee and that's just about 5 hrs away so it's looking like we are going to make this event and get meet a bunch of new people and just plain have an awesome time with everyone on the trails. This will be our first time G6'n with the whole crew and hopefully many more to go come. I was wondering cause it say it's in April for the St. Mo G6 event is this on a first come first serve type of event or just keep an eye on the date and when it opens up we register. Really looking forward to going to this G6 event and meeting a whole bunch of people and just plain have a lot fun out trailing..

Thanks Jose aka muddywaters
hay muddy never a limit on drivers at a recon G6 just show up and have fun
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Kling-On RC will be there with a few rigs to run for the G6. We will also have our trailer full of product for anyone that needs to pick up a rack or two. Can't wait to see everyone there.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388687389.924722.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  39.9 KB
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan w View Post
hay muddy never a limit on drivers at a recon G6 just show up and have fun

That's good to know Dan thanks brother for the heads up.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #31

The "racing" action is an after hours event. Last year, we had the first ever Ultra4 RC Dakar that had a parade lap to the Hammer Town Bon Fire and then an all out sprint to a pre-determined finish line!!!!

Way too much fun!

The G6 Stage will have 100 main stage trail markers and depending what class you run, could have an additional 25 to 50 class specific trail markers.

PARKER ? ? ?? ?
OK.. What night will this after hours event B this year ? We want to be there for this Event also ! ! ! !

Last edited by Rock Hoppin; 01-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Rock Hoppin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:49 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
I always liked the ideology, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" and it seems like a race would be contradictory to said ideology of "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6."

Additionally, in my opinion, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" promotes comradery and friendliness. Providing a tow or winch line, which is all a part of "doing work." "Do work G6ers!"

On the same level. How many cars finished KOH last year? I'd Say every single one of those guys was a winner and that was a full blown race.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Kling-On RC will be there with a few rigs to run for the G6. We will also have our trailer full of product for anyone that needs to pick up a rack or two. Can't wait to see everyone there.
Attachment 267244

Hey Propane, your G6 build inspired me to organize my RCs. Do you want to see what I came up with? Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hoppin View Post

Way too much fun!

PARKER ? ? ?? ?
OK.. What night will this after hours event B this year ? We want to be there for this Event also ! ! ! !
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm also wondering which night for the "after hours event."
Old 01-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
On the same level. How many cars finished KOH last year? I'd Say every single one of those guys was a winner and that was a full blown race.
I don't know how many "cars" finished? Do you? Nevertheless, I agree, everybody is a winner for coming out and participating. Having a good time, having fun, meeting and making friends, that's what it's all about.

However, winning and finishing are two different things. Hence, the RECON G6 challenge is to finish, and if you can have fun as mentioned about, so much the better.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
I don't know how many "cars" finished? Do you? Nevertheless, I agree, everybody is a winner for coming out and participating. Having a good time, having fun, meeting and making friends, that's what it's all about.

However, winning and finishing are two different things. Hence, the RECON G6 challenge is to finish, and if you can have fun as mentioned about, so much the better.
28 cars finished last year in a feild of well over 100. I find racing fun pure and simple. Compitition makes the world go round, now im not saying thats what the RECON G6 should be or will ever be. I am saying that there isnt a Compitition our there that is a longer distance rock race. If there was I would go to as many of them as I could afford to.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hoppin View Post

Way too much fun!

PARKER ? ? ?? ?
I would also like to know when this will be! At first read I was under the impression that the After Hours would be a short track style race. this just sounds like a blast! guess I need to invest in a light bar
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Do we need to be waterproofed for the 1.9 adventurer class?
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins89 View Post
Never hurts to be water resistant. There was not any water at last years KOH g6, but you never know

Sent from a rock
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins89 View Post
Anything is possible, my personal thought is that its going to be a wet year but it has suprised us in the past. Anything is possible in Johnson Valley even snow. Most likely there will not be any standing water unless some fifty year storm rolls through or Parker rigs up a man made watering hole. I'll bring a few balloons just in case. Just me
Old 01-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
28 cars finished last year in a feild of well over 100. I find racing fun pure and simple. Compitition makes the world go round, now im not saying thats what the RECON G6 should be or will ever be. I am saying that there isnt a Compitition our there that is a longer distance rock race. If there was I would go to as many of them as I could afford to.
Dude,

I didn't know the attrition rate was so high. Clearly, you have pointed out that the RECON G6 motto, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" has true meaning.

In regards towards your competitive interests. It seems like the "after hours" racing is your ticket as Parker has previously mentioned. It should be a lot of fun.

2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM
RECON Inferno Series Round 7 "The Night Comp" Spucknit Competitions 33 08-29-2010 06:57 AM