Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
Dude,

I didn't know the attrition rate was so high. Clearly, you have pointed out that the RECON G6 motto, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" has true meaning.

In regards towards your competitive interests. It seems like the "after hours" racing is your ticket as Parker has previously mentioned. It should be a lot of fun.

The attrition rate that you are referring to is for the actual KOH 1:1 event... not the G6. On average about 90+ % finishing and 10% not.
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREE View Post
The attrition rate that you are referring to is for the actual KOH 1:1 event... not the G6. On average about 90+ % finishing and 10% not.
Yes I was talking about the 1:1 event not the G6

Quote:
Dude,

I didn't know the attrition rate was so high. Clearly, you have pointed out that the RECON G6 motto, "finishing a G6 is like winning a G6" has true meaning.

In regards towards your competitive interests. It seems like the "after hours" racing is your ticket as Parker has previously mentioned. It should be a lot of fun.
I agree and cant wait for the After Hours event. I wish I had a tamer rig to compete in the G6 rather then my full blown scale race car but I'll tune it down a bit and drive like its a trail run.
TheDude530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Hey Parker, myself and a friend of mine were talking on how bad ass it would be to go to one of these G6 events but the ride from Nashville to Nevada would be a bit to much. So I kept looking at the 2014 event calendar and saw that you will be having a G6 event in ST. MO. We live in Nashville Tennessee and that's just about 5 hrs away so it's looking like we are going to make this event and get meet a bunch of new people and just plain have an awesome time with everyone on the trails. This will be our first time G6'n with the whole crew and hopefully many more to go come. I was wondering cause it say it's in April for the St. Mo G6 event is this on a first come first serve type of event or just keep an eye on the date and when it opens up we register. Really looking forward to going to this G6 event and meeting a whole bunch of people and just plain have a lot fun out trailing..

Thanks Jose aka muddywaters
Jose, that's awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll get your scale adventure fix in the Iron Mountain Depot G6. You will be able to pre register for the event at G Central All the intel will be released soon. You will be able to find it here on RCC, RECON's FB page, the RECON website as well as other media outlets.

Get ready to have some FUN, muddywaters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hoppin View Post
The "racing" action is an after hours event. Last year, we had the first ever Ultra4 RC Dakar that had a parade lap to the Hammer Town Bon Fire and then an all out sprint to a pre-determined finish line!!!!

Way too much fun!

The G6 Stage will have 100 main stage trail markers and depending what class you run, could have an additional 25 to 50 class specific trail markers.

PARKER ? ? ?? ?
OK.. What night will this after hours event B this year ? We want to be there for this Event also ! ! ! !
This just in!!!!

Friday night, we will be "throwin' down at Hammertown" with some Ultra 4 style rc racing.

-Location TBA, but will be close to all the Friday night action.
- U4rc is providing a one of kind trophy for the winner. Check them out at www.U4rc.com on here on RCC.

Stay tuned. Details will be posted here for this underground racing action that will have your palms sweating and asses puckering.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 01-08-2014 at 01:34 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Parker,

I was wondering about the "event shirt" design. Do you have a graphic or photo of the T shirt design you could post? Just wondering ...
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Parker,

I was wondering about the "event shirt" design. Do you have a graphic or photo of the T shirt design you could post? Just wondering ...
Yes, and also when do we get them? I preordered 2 with my entries. And the ultra race on friday sounds fun. Will we need lights on our cars for this?
tim the toolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Parker,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
Yes, and also when do we get them? I preordered 2 with my entries. And the ultra race on friday sounds fun. Will we need lights on our cars for this?
You can pick up your shirts and credentials at G-Central when you check in.

Thank you for all the support guys.

@tim the toolman, lights are not mandatory, but highly recommended. We may or may not have the course lit by Rigid Industries!

Shirt design Trump will be very similar to the flier with the list of sponsors on the back.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:38 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Just remember Parker.....its a ultra4 race.....No!! exo's

This is a ultra4
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Hey Doc, I would hate to see your "Ultra4" suck dust from a EMC rig.

This is an "Every Man's Challenge" Rig.

No, you are not #1, so don't take offense to my driver, she's just saluting you, the Pirate 4x4 way.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Hey Doc, I would hate to see your "Ultra4" suck dust from a EMC rig.
Gonna be good times!
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ah! Thank you for that information. Since the attrition rate was kind of high, I had a feeling it could have been for the actual 1:1 KOH. However, I 'assumed' that since we were discussing the G6 it might have been for the G6 KOH. Doh!

Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ah! Thank you for that information. Since the attrition rate was kind of high, I had a feeling it could have been for the actual 1:1 KOH. However, I 'assumed' that since we were discussing the G6 it might have been for the G6 KOH. Doh!

Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.

The interesting fact about the attrition rate was not so much the terrain or the multiple laps that G6'ers encountered, but the "first time" drivers.

The attrition was normal for the amount of first time G6'ers. which was about 30% DNF'd.

Not bad considering how scale to the 1:1 event the G6 was. Traffic Jams, multiple laps, the Rigid Industries Joker Baustista Terror Sled Pull.

This year stage will be none of the above and there will be no whoops or sand on the stage.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude530 View Post
Yes I was talking about the 1:1 event not the G6

I agree and cant wait for the After Hours event. I wish I had a tamer rig to compete in the G6 rather then my full blown scale race car but I'll tune it down a bit and drive like its a trail run.
I hope I get a chance to see your "full blown scale race car". Have you considered setting a personal goal? Like trying to finish within a certain time period. Maybe a sub two hour finish. Just thinking ....

Just heard yesterday that my niece is getting married on February 8th. I'm patiently waiting to receive the invitation and hoping the reception is late so at least I could make it to the reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
The interesting fact about the attrition rate was not so much the terrain or the multiple laps that G6'ers encountered, but the "first time" drivers.

The attrition was normal for the amount of first time G6'ers. which was about 30% DNF'd.

Not bad considering how scale to the 1:1 event the G6 was. Traffic Jams, multiple laps, the Rigid Industries Joker Baustista Terror Sled Pull.

This year stage will be none of the above and there will be no whoops or sand on the stage.
I hope I can make it out. "No traffic jams" .... that's sweet.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Yea there was a lot of KOH style monster trucking going on last year

Sent from a rock
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #54
RCC Addict

I hope some people learn throttle control.....and don't just start ramming into people like last year.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
I hope some people learn throttle control.....and don't just start ramming into people like last year.
Isn't that KOH style??? If you are too slow then get the F*$K out of the way!!!!!!!!!!!

With a rig like yours I thought that you would know this stuff
Old 01-09-2014, 09:57 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Isn't that KOH style??? If you are too slow then get the F*$K out of the way!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...I was referring to the G6 run
Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Sorry...I was referring to the G6 run
These posts remind me of Axialfest 2013, Stage 2. I was in survivor mode. I had broken down and made a repair around gate 162. I lost one of the screws that hold my steering servo. So I removed a screw from my light bar and used it for my servo.

I'm rolling again, in survivor mode, and I keep getting rear ended by a youngin'. I'm going slow enough to be passed, but he won't pass me. I figure if your fast enough you can make the pass. Finally, I stop and let him by only to eventually catch up to him and pass him because he couldn't find the next gate.

In the realm of things, this was minor and just part of G6ing because I still had lots of fun doing "work."

I can't wait to get out on the trail again. I hope I cam make KOH G6.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
These posts remind me of Axialfest 2013, Stage 2. I was in survivor mode. I had broken down and made a repair around gate 162. I lost one of the screws that hold my steering servo. So I removed a screw from my light bar and used it for my servo.

I'm rolling again, in survivor mode, and I keep getting rear ended by a youngin'. I'm going slow enough to be passed, but he won't pass me. I figure if your fast enough you can make the pass. Finally, I stop and let him by only to eventually catch up to him and pass him because he couldn't find the next gate.

In the realm of things, this was minor and just part of G6ing because I still had lots of fun doing "work."

I can't wait to get out on the trail again. I hope I cam make KOH G6.

I am on your side, I am there for the adventure. In fact at the Halloween G6 I was the last one to go as well as at the Birthday bash. So I agree that there are times where it is frustrating when you are getting slammed and YES I just get out of the way so that they can pass.

I believe that this year will be much different than last year in terms of the KOH G6.
I am looking forward to this one.. and I will see you all there.

TREE
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Uh oh. Wait a minute. Let's put some traction in it! The Official Tires of the RECON G6...

Do Work, G6'ers and treat yourself to a "Traction Reaction". If you haven't laced up a set of Pit Bull RC or SC Tires, whacha waiting awn?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

You drive the tar out of your G-Ride / Scaler, so let it hang out in the garage in style with Kling On RC.

2014 Axial RECON G6 Adventure Series Event #1 "Axial RECON Ultra4 G6" Feb.8th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM
RECON Inferno Series Round 7 "The Night Comp" Spucknit Competitions 33 08-29-2010 06:57 AM