Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: Axial "Flat Nasty Folk Tale" RECON G6 by Pit Bull Tires & Holmes Hobbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial "Flat Nasty Folk Tale" RECON G6 by Pit Bull Tires & Holmes Hobbies

Axial Flat Nasty Folk Tale RECON G6
presented
by
Pit Bull Tires
&
Holmes Hobbies

When - April 18, 2015
Where - Flat Nasty Off-Road Park, Jadwin, MO https://www.facebook.com/flatnastyoffroadpark
Gate Fee - $5.00/per car load for RC. $20/per 4wheel drive to enjoy the 850 acre trail system.
Directions - From St. Louis, MO - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
From Kansas City, MO - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
From Memphis, TN - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions
From Columbia, SC - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Lodging / Camping - Primitive camping at Flat Nasty Off-road Park - $7.00
Flat Nasty Cabin, fully furnished, sleeps 6 - $120/night.
Bartons Lodging in Jadwin, MO is close with great yelp reviews. http://www.whitepages.com/business/b...dging-salem-mo
Several Hotels in Salem, MO. Crossroads Inn & Ranch Motel.
What - A Day & Night Stage.
A UAR, Unpaved Adrenaline Rush Race.
Friday Night “Nasty Drags” Off-road Racing.
Rivas Concepts Show-n-Shine.

Classes - 1.9 / 2.2 Adventurist - For all 1.9 & 2.2 sized wheels to have fun & adventure.

40 & Over Veterans Class - For all our seasoned scale adventure drivers to enjoy.

Team Challenge - A team of 3 drivers with their own scale adventure rigs working together to complete unique skill challenges and complete the G6 stage and earn Team of the Day honors. A team can be 3 friends, 3 club members, or 3 hobby shop employees, but remember, its a team effort. All 3 drivers must start together, stay together, & finish together. All repairs must be made on stage. If a truck cannot be repaired, a team must tow that vehicle thru the rest of the stage or suffer the fate of a DNF. Grab your buddies and get ready to share a unique G6 stage experience.

RPP Hobby ST Class (5 driver minimum) - The requirements to drive in this class are simple. First, tire size may not exceed manufacturer's specification tire height of 4.25 inches or roughly 107mm. Second, The tires must fit in the stock fender wells of the body being used. For example, a rc Pajero stock wheelbase is 9.9 inches or 252mm & a rc D90 stock wheelbase is 11.10in or 282mm. Trimming the fender wells for travel must be kept scale and have fender flares, but the wheelbase cannot be altered. The following scale items are mandatory: 1. side mirrors &/or a driver side mirror & rear view mirror. 2. Windshield wipers. 3. A cooler. 4. A first aid kit. 5. Spare tire.

Endurance Class (5 driver minimum) - This class is a 6 hour scale adventure that will push drivers and their equipment to new levels. The FIX 12 Hour Endurance Event takes place once a year and is the proving grounds for the products that you use on your scale adventure rig. Endurance Driving is next level driving. If you wish to push your limits, test your skills, or just are looking for the next level of scale adventure, look no further than the new RECON G6 Endurance Class. Endurance Class Drivers Must start at the 9am start time. A combination of laps completed & time bonuses will determine the Endurance Class Driver of the Day.

Unpaved Adrenaline Rush UAR Race Classes - scx10/1.9, Wraith/2.2, & Yeti.

G-Fee - Online Registration, Adults: $25.00. Additional Classes / Stages, $10.00. Children 15 & Under: $15.00. Additional Classes / Stages, $5.00. Endurance Class is $40.00.
On site registration is available for additional $5.00 per class
Note: Flat Nasty Drags & UAR Racing is included in the G Fee.

Online Registration - OpenEvent3
Onsite Registration - At Flat Nasty Main Office.

Schedule:
Friday Night - 6pm to 8pm Flat Nasty Drags. Off Road Drag racing at its best.
Saturday -
Day Stage - 9am to 3pm. Register online to choose a start time of 9am, 9:30am, or 10am.
UAR Race - 4:30pm to 6pm.
Night Stage - 7:30pm to 9:30pm

Axial Flat Nasty Folk Tale RECON G6 Intel

Tow strap is mandatory.
A winch and/or sand ramps are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
10 scale items are mandatory. (an Axial rtr meets this requirement)
10 scale Tom Sawyer / Huck Finn scale items are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
A scale log raft is mandatory and must be carried on the Day Stage to run the Khatel Canyon Night Bonus Stage.
A scale tombstone is mandatory & must be turned into G Central during driver check in.

Tom Sawyer’s adventure came to life page by page in the story written by Mark Twain. Your Flat Nasty Folk Tale will take place not in a book, but on a RECON G6 day and night stage. As you drive through some of the sickest terrain Missouri has to offer, the adventures of Tom Sawyer, Huck Finn, & Becky will have you looking for treasure, mystery, and romance in the Axial Flat Nasty Folk Tale RECON G6 presented by Pit Bull Tires & Holmes Hobbies.

Come get your next scale adventure fix, in an Axial RECON G6.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial "Flat Nasty Folk Tale" RECON G6 by Pit Bull Tires & Holmes Hobbies

Sweet! Can't wait to attend another one. Flat nasty is an awesome place to bring your full size to, I can only imagine how awesome it will be for RC's!

90Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 02:16 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial "Flat Nasty Folk Tale" RECON G6 by Pit Bull Tires & Holmes Hobbies

Woot woot!!

Flat nasty has Great terrain!!
And a Killer Rccrawler course by the office.

Last edited by ROLANDROCKSHOP; 03-25-2015 at 05:02 PM.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:01 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I will be there with my scx10, wraith, and tf2 also bringing two other drivers with me can't wait to hit the trails only thing is I need more batterys any good hobby shops in the area?
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #5

PRETTY EXCITED FOR THIS NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DRIVE BUT THE MISSOURI ROUGHNECK SCALERS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE INCLUDING MY SON THE YOUNGEST ROUGHNECK AT AGE 7 AND FIRST TIME G6er
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1santaever View Post
I will be there with my scx10, wraith, and tf2 also bringing two other drivers with me can't wait to hit the trails only thing is I need more batterys any good hobby shops in the area?
Not sure about a hobby shop in the area, but that would be a good google search.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Kinda confused on the log raft.... How big? Do we need to float our rigs?
Spork_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Just need to float your "driver"
Old 03-25-2015, 11:00 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Oh shizzle.. another OG Mo. G6.. ?
digging it..!.. I gotta get out more..!!
Heard it was gonna be a hell of a G6..!
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:53 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Flat nasty is an awesome 1:1 park. I haven't ever taken a RC there but there certainly won't be a shortage of terrain or space. It is right in the middle between nowhere and nothing though. If anybody is thinking of getting a room within 10 mines they better get started asap. We will be camping in the park. This will be a good one!
mowheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #11

I'll be there and I'm dragging some of my new buddies from IA with me.
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:46 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork_Assassin View Post
Kinda confused on the log raft.... How big? Do we need to float our rigs?
A scale raft that fits on top of your scaler, as if your driver is gonna go float down the river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topekacrawls View Post
I'll be there and I'm dragging some of my new buddies from IA with me.
Awesome. Drive Smart & See you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowheelin View Post
Flat nasty is an awesome 1:1 park. I haven't ever taken a RC there but there certainly won't be a shortage of terrain or space. It is right in the middle between nowhere and nothing though. If anybody is thinking of getting a room within 10 mines they better get started asap. We will be camping in the park. This will be a good one!
For sure! I grew up in Salem. Cruising Main St from Sonic to Napa on a lot of Friday & Saturday nights.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #13

WOW! This place looks AWESOME!

It was on one of the "Petersens Ultimate Offroad Adventure" DVD's
motorbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #14
20K Club

I'm in, just trying to figure out which rig to run and which class to compete in. The 6 hour event sounds like some good stuff but I need to choose some teammates!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

i want to do the 6 hour class but dont have enough team mates lol
Old 03-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I'm in, just trying to figure out which rig to run and which class to compete in. The 6 hour event sounds like some good stuff but I need to choose some teammates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1santaever View Post
i want to do the 6 hour class but dont have enough team mates lol
The 6 hour endurance class is for individuals. The Team Challenge is a seperate class. You can G6 with your team, have lunch, & then G6 in an adventurist class.

The 6hr endurance class lasts from 9am to 3pm.

Either way, both classes are fun!
Old 03-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #17
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
The 6 hour endurance class is for individuals. The Team Challenge is a seperate class. You can G6 with your team, have lunch, & then G6 in an adventurist class.

The 6hr endurance class lasts from 9am to 3pm.

Either way, both classes are fun!
So the "5 driver minimum" means at least 5 people have to be registered for the class? That makes sense, just didn't read it that way.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Oh that makes sense I already signed up for the 1.9 class but I have taken my truck for over 8 hours before right out of the box lol
Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Where does the 1.9 / 2.2 Adventurist fit in in the schedule? Roughly how long is it?
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

So what's everyone running at the g6 event here is mine still working on mounting the body

Axial "Flat Nasty Folk Tale" RECON G6 by Pit Bull Tires & Holmes Hobbies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo DRIVNMF Recon G6 43 09-18-2014 11:54 AM
RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo Jslick Pennsylvania 1 09-09-2014 11:28 AM
RECON G6 Challenge "Shaka, Brah Classic" G6 by AXIAL RACING / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 168 06-27-2012 07:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM