Thread: Axial "Bats from Outer Space" RECON G6 presented by Team Fast Eddy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial "Bats from Outer Space" RECON G6 presented by Team Fast Eddy

Axial “Bats from Outer Space” RECON G6
presented by
Team Fast Eddy

Bats from outer space have overtaken Warsaw Caves Campground. These aren’t your ordinary bats, either. They use their other worldly radar to attack the frequency of rc scale adventure vehicles. It is up to you to find and capture these fun spoiling bats. Are you up for the challenge? If so, come get your scale adventure fix in the Axial “Bats from Outer Space” RECON G6 presented by Team Fast Eddy, the Official Bearings of the RECON G6.

What - Axial RECON G6 Scale Adventure Event

When - May 30th, 2015

Where - Warsaw Caves Conservation Area Duro-Dummer, ON Canada

Directions - Toronto, ON - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions , Peterborough, ON - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions , Ottawa, ON - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions , Reno, NV - Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Lodging - The G Crew will be camping Friday & Saturday night at Warsaw Caves, Warsaw Caves - Camping , but there are several hotels to choose from, here are a couple; Blue Jay Motel Peterborough, Hotel Canada. Limited Time Offer! , Motel 6 Peterborough Peterborough, Hotel Canada. Limited Time Offer!

Online Registration / G6 Tickets - (link available soon)

G-Fee (CAN) - Day & Night Stage - Adults: $45.00, Kids 15 & under: $20.00. (online registration)
Day or Night Stage - Adults:$30.00, Kids 15 & under: $10.00. (online registration)
Onsite Registration is an additional $5.00.
Endurance Class is $50.00.
Note - Add another truck to the day stage for an additional $10.00

Classes - 1.9 / 2.2 Adventurist - For all 1.9 & 2.2 sized wheels to have fun & adventure.

40 & Over Veterans Class - For all our seasoned scale adventure drivers to enjoy.

Team Challenge - A team of 3 drivers with their own scale adventure rigs working together to complete unique skill challenges and complete the G6 stage and earn Team of the Day honors. A team can be 3 friends, 3 club members, or 3 hobby shop employees, but remember, its a team effort. All 3 drivers must start together, stay together, & finish together. All repairs must be made on stage. If a truck cannot be repaired, a team must tow that vehicle thru the rest of the stage or suffer the fate of a DNF. Grab your buddies and get ready to share a unique G6 stage experience.

RPP Hobby ST Class (5 driver minimum) - The requirements to drive in this class are simple. First, tire size may not exceed manufacturer's specification tire height of 4.25 inches or roughly 107mm. Second, The tires must fit in the stock fender wells of the body being used. For example, a rc Pajero stock wheelbase is 9.9 inches or 252mm & a rc D90 stock wheelbase is 11.10in or 282mm. Trimming the fender wells for travel must be kept scale and have fender flares, but the wheelbase cannot be altered. The following scale items are mandatory: 1. side mirrors &/or a driver side mirror & rear view mirror. 2. Windshield wipers. 3. A cooler. 4. A first aid kit. 5. Spare tire.

Endurance Class (5 driver minimum) - This class is a 6 hour scale adventure that will push drivers and their equipment to new levels. The FIX 12 Hour Endurance Event takes place once a year and is the proving grounds for the products that you use on your scale adventure rig. Endurance Driving is next level driving. If you wish to push your limits, test your skills, or just are looking for the next level of scale adventure, look no further than the new RECON G6 Endurance Class. Endurance Class Drivers Must start at the 9am start time. A combination of laps completed & time bonuses will determine the Endurance Class Driver of the Day.

Bats from Outer Space Intel

Drivers can begin checking in and/or registering Friday evening or Saturday morning.

Drivers meeting & Day Stage will start at 9am. The day stage will remain open until 3pm. This will allow drivers who are running multiple classes, time to do so.

Each driver must have a tow strap & 10 scale items on their vehicle. A stock Axial RTR meets the 10 scale item requirement.

5 Outer Space Bat catching scale items is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

A scale bat is mandatory to run the special night stage skill section. The bat must be turned in to G Central when you register.

Lights on your vehicle & a headlamp or flashlight is mandatory to run the night stage.

A scale trash-a-roo or similar bag is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

The Rivas Concepts Show-n-Shine will take place at 4pm. Best of Show & Most RECON G6 ready will be awarded.

Good Luck. Have Fun. Come get your scale adventure fix, in the Axial “Bats from Outer Space” RECON G6.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 05-14-2015 at 10:07 AM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Axial "Bats from Outer Space" RECON G6 presented by Team Fast Eddy

I can't wait!!! The G crew back in Canada. Woot woot!!!
DV8ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I will be there ;)
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Daniel, you are the most dedicated G6er on the planet.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #5

"5 Outer Space Bat catching scale items is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

A scale bat is mandatory to run the special night stage skill section. The bat must be turned in to G Central when you register."

Just to be sure I should have 5 separate items to catch a space bat?

Also the "scale bat" for the night stage, are we talking about a bat of the winged variety or the wooden baseball variety?
Leadfoot_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
Daniel, you are the most dedicated G6er on the planet.
Or a guy with a crazy business travel thing.....
... it is funded by the way airline tickets work
Old 05-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Awesome, this is going to be fun.
Dualdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadfoot_11 View Post
"5 Outer Space Bat catching scale items is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

A scale bat is mandatory to run the special night stage skill section. The bat must be turned in to G Central when you register."

Just to be sure I should have 5 separate items to catch a space bat?

Also the "scale bat" for the night stage, are we talking about a bat of the winged variety or the wooden baseball variety?
Yes, Leadfoot_11, 5 seperate items to catch a space bat & the winged variety. LOL, I never thought of the wooden variety.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Space Bats are radaring in on Warsaw Cave G6ers!
Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #10
dbw
Rock Stacker

Can someone explain to me the 10 scale items and the how the stock rtr's meet the requirement? I just want to be sure we are good to run when we show up!
dbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbw View Post
Can someone explain to me the 10 scale items and the how the stock rtr's meet the requirement? I just want to be sure we are good to run when we show up!
dbw, what you like explained?

10 scale items can include the mandatory tow strap, a Pull Pal, a lantern, what ever you want 10 scale item to be.

Scale adventure is super cool in the way it mirrors 1:1 off-roading. Driving ability and vehicle capabilities grow at different rates. The Axial RTR's meet this requirement by coming with scale items on the rig. Some come with drivers, some with interiors, shackles, & bumpers.

For a new driver with a "out of the box" scx10 RTR is ready to attend his or her first RECON G6 & have FUN!

I hope this helps. The G Crew looks forward to seeing you get your scale adventure fix, in the Axial Bats from Outer Space RECON G6 presented by;

Old 05-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I got em Bats ;)
Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Real scrub question here: I'm fifteen which class should I sign up for?
RaceMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMod View Post
Real scrub question here: I'm fifteen which class should I sign up for?
15 & under, RaceMod!

Have fun & see you soon!
Old 05-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Thanks, really lookin forward the G6.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

A buddy of mine wants to enter his truck, it's an scx10 with a PL chevy c10 body, it only has shackles and a spare. Is he able to enter it?
Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceMod View Post
A buddy of mine wants to enter his truck, it's an scx10 with a PL chevy c10 body, it only has shackles and a spare. Is he able to enter it?
No one will be sent away ;) It is all about having fun on the trail!

I am in Minneapolis by now - DRIVNMF is in already in Canada.
Looking forward so see all of you on the weekend.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Short: We had a blast! Yet heavy rain in the afternoon required closing the stages early. Hope to see you guys soon!

Axial "Bats from Outer Space" RECON G6 presented by Team Fast Eddy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo DRIVNMF Recon G6 43 09-18-2014 11:54 AM
RECON G6 "Traction Reaction" presented by Pit Bull Tires & White Lotus Tattoo Jslick Pennsylvania 1 09-09-2014 11:28 AM
Axial RECON G6 "Taters & Kilts" Scale Adventure Event presented by RPP Hobby DRIVNMF Recon G6 130 03-27-2014 01:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM