Thread: Axial "bakers Dozen" RECON G6 presented by Tekin Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial "bakers Dozen" RECON G6 presented by Tekin Racing

Axial “Bakers Dozen” RECON G6
presented by
Tekin Racing

The G Crew is cooking up an Axial RECON G6 scale adventure event in Alberta Canada. The stages will sizzle with excitement as drivers put together a recipe for adventure. Crawler Teds Garage will have an addition, the Crawler Teds Cafe, but this cafe will have driver challenges for appetizers, a main course of RECON G6 stage craziness, & a dessert of scale goodness.
Grab your aprons and an appetite for scale adventure & get your fix in the Axial Bakers Dozen RECON G6 presented by Tekin Racing.

What - Axial RECON G6 Scale Adventure Event

When - June 20 , 2015

Where - Waiparous, in Alberta Canada. Located NW of Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Directions - From Calgary, AB; Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions From Spokane, WA; Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions From Vancover, BC; Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions From Rausch Creek Offroad Park; Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

Lodging - Primitive Camping - http://www.albertaparks.ca/waiparous-creek.aspxn Several Hotels in near by Cochrane, AB
Online Registration / G6 Tickets - (link available soon)

G-Fee (CAN) - Day & Night Stage - Adults: $45.00, Kids 15 & under: $20.00. (online registration)
Day or Night Stage - Adults:$30.00, Kids 15 & under: $10.00. (online registration)
Onsite Registration is an additional $5.00.
Endurance Class is $50.00.
Note - Add another truck to the day stage for an additional $10.00

Classes - 1.9 / 2.2 Adventurist - For all 1.9 & 2.2 sized wheels to have fun & adventure.

40 & Over Veterans Class - For all our seasoned scale adventure drivers to enjoy.

Team Challenge - A team of 3 drivers with their own scale adventure rigs working together to complete unique skill challenges and complete the G6 stage and earn Team of the Day honors. A team can be 3 friends, 3 club members, or 3 hobby shop employees, but remember, its a team effort. All 3 drivers must start together, stay together, & finish together. All repairs must be made on stage. If a truck cannot be repaired, a team must tow that vehicle thru the rest of the stage or suffer the fate of a DNF. Grab your buddies and get ready to share a unique G6 stage experience.

RPP Hobby ST Class (5 driver minimum) - The requirements to drive in this class are simple. First, tire size may not exceed manufacturer's specification tire height of 4.25 inches or roughly 107mm. Second, The tires must fit in the stock fender wells of the body being used. For example, a rc Pajero stock wheelbase is 9.9 inches or 252mm & a rc D90 stock wheelbase is 11.10in or 282mm. Trimming the fender wells for travel must be kept scale and have fender flares, but the wheelbase cannot be altered. The following scale items are mandatory: 1. side mirrors &/or a driver side mirror & rear view mirror. 2. Windshield wipers. 3. A cooler. 4. A first aid kit. 5. Spare tire.

Endurance Class (5 driver minimum) - This class is a 6 hour scale adventure that will push drivers and their equipment to new levels. The FIX 12 Hour Endurance Event takes place once a year and is the proving grounds for the products that you use on your scale adventure rig. Endurance Driving is next level driving. If you wish to push your limits, test your skills, or just are looking for the next level of scale adventure, look no further than the new RECON G6 Endurance Class. Endurance Class Drivers Must start at the 9am start time. A combination of laps completed & time bonuses will determine the Endurance Class Driver of the Day.

Bakers Dozen Intel

Drivers can begin checking in and/or registering Friday evening & Saturday morning.

Drivers meeting & Day Stage will start at 9am. The day stage will remain open until 3pm. This will allow drivers who are running multiple classes, time to do so.

Each driver must have a tow strap & 10 scale items on their vehicle. A stock Axial RTR meets the 10 scale item requirement.

Wearing an apron during the day stage in not mandatory, but highly recommended. There will an award for the most RECON G6 themed apron.

10 additional baking items are not mandatory, but highly recommended.

Driver / Driving skill challenges may or may not be mandatory during the day or night stage.

Lights on your vehicle & a headlamp or flashlight is mandatory to run the night stage.

A scale trash-a-roo or similar bag is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

The Rivas Concepts Show-n-Shine will take place at 4pm. Best of Show & Most RECON G6 ready will be awarded.

RECON G6 hosted Unpaved Adrenaline Rush U.A.R. race during the break between day and night stage. Classes will be 1.9, 2.2, & Yeti. Racing is not mandatory, but highly recommended for FUN & Free for G6’ers who are participating in the Bakers Dozen G6.

Single Elimination RG6 Scale Drags are not mandatory, but highly recommended! Will take place after U.A.R. races.

Come get your scale adventure fix, in the Axial Bakers Dozen RECON G6!

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 05-14-2015 at 07:08 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Axial "bakers Dozen" RECON G6 presented by Tekin Racing

ill be there!

would I have time to run both the ST class and the team challenge?

Last edited by J.Peart; 05-14-2015 at 01:45 PM.
J.Peart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Peart View Post
ill be there!

would I have time to run both the ST class and the team challenge?
Yes you will. The day stage is designed to run two classes.

See you soon!
Old 05-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Have fun with your apron designs & don't forget to include our sponsors!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

How was this event?
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I had a great time and i plan to go again next year. I would upload some pics but it doesnt seem to want to let me right now.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

How many entries did you get? I'm interested to know if the west coast scene had a strong turnout like Ontario did.
Dualdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I'm not sure the final number. I heard that there were 35 people. I thought closer to 30 though. Directions weren't the best so we had some get lost/ show up late. We do have a large rc community here in Alberta, but it seems like Recon G6 still wasn't very well known/understood here. Some of the comments I saw leading up to the event suggested this. Hopefully next year will be better advertised and have better directions.

That being said it was still an awesome event and I cant wait til next year

Last edited by J.Peart; 06-23-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Our first year we only had 32 entries, it wasn't locally promoted by the host(average Joe). This year Parker came back and it was huge we had 117 entries. I know you guys have a huge following out there, that's why I was surprised when I saw Lyle's video and it didn't seem like a big turnout. I'm glad you guys had a blast, Parker is a riot to hang out with.
Dualdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Peart View Post
I had a great time and i plan to go again next year. I would upload some pics but it doesnt seem to want to let me right now.
Save your pics to photbucket, vimeo, etc, then post the IMG links here! Pics!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial "bakers Dozen" RECON G6 presented by Tekin Racing - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial "Bats from Outer Space" RECON G6 presented by Team Fast Eddy DRIVNMF Recon G6 17 06-03-2015 07:12 AM
Axial "Bump-n-Grind" RECON G6 by Tekin Racing & Area BFE DRIVNMF Recon G6 11 04-15-2015 08:27 AM
Axial RECON G6 "Taters & Kilts" Scale Adventure Event presented by RPP Hobby DRIVNMF Recon G6 130 03-27-2014 01:10 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Biggest Little G6" presented by Axial, VP, Pit Bull, & Novak DRIVNMF Recon G6 276 04-21-2012 01:09 PM
RECON G6 Challenge "The Coyote Hole" by Axial Racing / VP / Pit Bull Tires DRIVNMF Recon G6 167 03-18-2012 01:53 PM