Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: 2016 RECON G6 Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2016, 05:38 PM   #81

Default Re: 2016 RECON G6 Schedule

I even asked the question on the g6 Facebook page and it was removed. Can somebody please let us know what's going on ?
4.0cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2016, 05:46 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Location: In West Monroe,LA...yes,where Duck Dynasty is filmed

Could be an April fools joke. But I too am interested in the details. I plan on attending with a few others from my area. I don't do the Facebook thing so I rely solely on RCC for Intel
krazykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #83
RCC Addict

There is a group on Facebook called Texas RC Crawlers. They put on quite a few events over at Barnwell Mountain and I think they were posting some info about the G6 a couple weeks ago and Josh/Roland Rock Shop is a member there. That may be a good place to ask your questions.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #84
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
Where is the registration at? I'd like to prepay this year.
mizmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:14 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

So,the next scheduled G6 is in Texas but I have yet to see any info about specifics.Start time,event fees,hotels in area, etc.,etc.This information would be appreciated.Ive stated before that this is the only website that I get my information,so please dont respond with "check their facebook page'.I dont visit facebook and if the organizers of this event feel that RCC isnt worth their time,then it may effect the turnout numbers by not utilizing every advertising tool at their fingers.I plan on attending but would like some intel.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:44 AM   #86

I copied this from Facebook.

RECON G6
Scale Adventure Event Series
presents
Scale Tales of the RECON G6
Chapter 5
Barnwell Trail Gang
Presented by
Tekin Racing - Pit Bull Tires
Sponsors
Tekin Racing – Pit Bull Tires – Pro-Line Racing - Pull Pal
Fast Eddy Bearings -Holmes Hobbies - Knight Customs – Boom Racing

In the Wild, Wild West of Eastern Texas, along the Barnwell Trail, Cattle Rustlers run rampant along the trail. It’s gonna take a skilled driver and capable scale adventure rig to make it back to camp with your losing your cows. Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area is the not so known hideout of the infamous Barnwell Trail Gang. Ruthless and toothless, these outlaws make their living rustling cattle. This chapter of the the “Scale Tales of the RECON G6” lands us in East Texas. Gilmer, Texas, to be exact. The first time for the G Train to make a stop in the Lone Star State. We look forward to seeing you in East Texas where we take on the Barnwell Trail Gang.

RG6 “Barnwell Trail Gang” Intel
- Where – Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area
- When – April 30, 2016
- What - RECON G6 Day / Night Stage.
- 9:00am - Driver Check In / Registration
- 10:00am – Group Photo / Boom Racing Show & Shine. Participants may enter multiple rigs.
- 10:30am – Team Fast Eddy Driver Meeting / Staging for ALL Scale Adventure vehicles / National Anthem.
- Day Stage Start Time – Immediately following the National Anthem
- Night Stage Start Time - 8pm. Night Stage Finish - 9pm. (time may change due to sunset)
- Register Online Here;
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/barnwel...ts-24444143090
Must register online to receive a raffle ticket that enters you in the exclusive RG6 All Aboard Raffle and to receive a Boom Racing Driver Backpack with scale radness. Note: Online Registrants must bring printed out receipt with them to registration.
- Day of registration is available. There will be an additional charge a $5.00 for onsite registration.
- RG6 Fees – Online Registration for all adult classes - $25.00 (additional $10.00 for Night Stage)
Online Registration for all Rascal classes - $15.00 ( an additional $5.00 for night stage)
Note: RECON Rascal drivers 5 and under – FREE

Onsite registration fee of $5.00 will be applied to all RG6 fees.
- 16:00pm – Day Stage cut off time. If you are on stage, please return to G-Central for award ceremony.
- 16:00 +/-pm – Driver of the Day Class Awards, Raffles, & RG6 Finishing Prizes. Must be present to win.

Mandatory Scale Requirements
- A tow strap is mandatory and will be used during the stage.
- 10 scale items are mandatory. A scale item can be a driver, bumpers, a pet, a spare tire, gauges, lights, bumper sticker, etc.
- An scale cowbell is mandatory and must be placed on rig.

Not Mandatory, But Highly Recommended Requirements
- A scale book, titled “RECON G6 5 Years of Fun”. This item will earn you one raffle ticket in the “Look, I brought a scale book” bonus raffle.
- A scale cowboy accessory. .

Contest Intel

Pit Bull Tire Driving Challenge - Navigate the Pit Bull Tire “Alien Puppy” Trail without a roll over or touching a boundary and get a surprise.

Pro-Line Racing IG Picture Contest. Post a picture of your scale adventure rig on Instagram at the designated areas with the hashtag #prolinerg6 & #RECONG6 to enter the Pro-Line RG6 IG Photo Contest. A winner will be selected by Pro-Line Racing approximately a week after the event.

Boom Racing EZ UP Pic of the event - Post up a picture with your Boom Racing scale EZ UP with the hashtag, #boomracing and have a chance for your creativity to be reposted.

2016 RECON G6 Classes
- 1.9 Adventurists – The class for 1.9 tire size vehicles.
- 2.2 Adventurists – The class for 2.2 tire size vehicles.
- RECON Rascal Mini Me Class – Drivers 6 years old and younger.
- RECON Rascal We Cool Class – Drivers 7 to 10 years of age
- RECON Rascal Big Dog Class – Drivers 11 to 15 years of age.
- Drivin’ Diva Class – Female Scale Adventure Drivers. This class will be sub-divided when 5 or more drivers of the same wheel size are present.
- Family Fun Class – For Families that drive scale adventure together.
- R.A.D. Class (Real Adventures Daily) – This Class is for our handi-capable Scale Adventure Drivers. A RECON G6 Stage specifically set for wheelchair accessibility. Drivers may have a co-driver that may assist with any driving or driver challenges.
- Veteran Class – 40 to 55 year old scale adventure drivers. This class will be sub-divided when 5 or more drivers of the same wheel size are present.
- Senior Class – All drivers 56 and over. This class will be sub-divided when 5 or more drivers of the same wheel size are present.
- Scale Trials Class – For scale adventure rigs with 1.55 or smaller tires.
- Truck Trials Class – For drivers of 6x6 scale adventure rigs.
- Team Class – A class for 3 drivers. Each driver must drive their own scale rig. A Team starts together and must finish together.
- 5 entries make a class.

RG6 Stage Intel
- The Stage will feature 200+/- Trail Markers.
- Class specific sections.
- Designated Driving and Driver Challenges will be encountered during the stage.
- Adventure items may or may not be found on stage. These items may pertain to the event theme or not. Only one type of any item may be found per driver. There may be one of kind items. All items found, must be secured to your scale adventure rig and turned into G Central. DO NOT REMOVE ANY SCALE SIGNS OR STAGE PROPS FOR CHALLENGES
- The stage may feature a variety of terrain and will be kept as close to scale as possible.
Thanks to all our 2016 sponsors that support our hobby and continue to bring us, the scale adventure driver, quality products that keep us on the trail of fun. We can show our support to them by hitting those buttons; Like, Follow, Share, and Comment on all of our sponsor’s social media outlets.

The Barnwell Trail Gang RECON G6 is the first RECON G6 in the great state of Texas. Come get your scaler fix, in the first ever Texas RECON G6.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
Swift Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 05:49 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Thank you,Swiftfox.That info is very helpful and very much appreciated.However,its a shame that all this info hasnt been posted here.Im anti-facebook,never been on it,never will.Mark Zuckerburg isnt going to get any richer from me,lol.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

It appears Recon has turned anti RCC.... in favor of FB. I posted up a G6 that I found on FB to. Its really a bummer as this site started it all and is still the best place to be IMO. But all anyone cares for is the number of likes they get on FB.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

No,not at all...

However..
Numbers dont lie though..
I post up an event on the fb page...everyone can see it that is following Recon's page or pages.
Rcc you have to come look,no notifications.

Harley even did a little test on rcc vs fb..as far as reach.
Hilariously not even close.

Theres still people that have never heard of rccrawler...
But everyones heard of facebook or phone has a fb app..quick and easy.
(Reel'em in with Fb,send them to school on RCC. )

2 different media platforms...apples to oranges
Like a library being compared to a worldwide hangout/showoff spot.

As you can see...the CA/TX/MO events have made there way to RCC.
Edit..8:07pm(Missouri event has been posted a little over an hour on fb...over 3000 views and climbing..)

And you can set your FB profile to as little or as much info as you want others to see..

Last edited by ROLANDROCKSHOP; 04-06-2016 at 07:07 PM.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Well, just because a town has a Wal-Mart and a K-Mart doesn't mean you may shop at both. You may like Great Value brand and K-Mart doesn't carry it . The solution is shop at your favorite........RCC is my favorite.So my point is if you can post events on both pages , doesn't that double the views?That way you can "shop" at your favorite website .
Old 04-06-2016, 07:28 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

And they are posted..to both.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin311 View Post
It appears Recon has turned anti RCC.... in favor of FB. I posted up a G6 that I found on FB to. Its really a bummer as this site started it all and is still the best place to be IMO. But all anyone cares for is the number of likes they get on FB.
Yes, it's sad that it's difficult to find G6 event information right here on RCC!

Quote:
No,not at all...

However..
Numbers dont lie though..
I post up an event on the fb page...everyone can see it that is following Recon's page or pages.
Rcc you have to come look,no notifications.

Harley even did a little test on rcc vs fb..as far as reach.
Hilariously not even close.

Theres still people that have never heard of rccrawler...
But everyones heard of facebook or phone has a fb app..quick and easy.
(Reel'em in with Fb,send them to school on RCC. )

2 different media platforms...apples to oranges
Like a library being compared to a worldwide hangout/showoff spot.

As you can see...the CA/TX/MO events have made there way to RCC.
Edit..8:07pm(Missouri event has been posted a little over an hour on fb...over 3000 views and climbing..)

And you can set your FB profile to as little or as much info as you want others to see..
Views and likes are one thing, how many of those folks will actually attend and pay? Many people do not have or want a FB account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykrawler View Post
Well, just because a town has a Wal-Mart and a K-Mart doesn't mean you may shop at both. You may like Great Value brand and K-Mart doesn't carry it . The solution is shop at your favorite........RCC is my favorite.So my point is if you can post events on both pages , doesn't that double the views? That way you can "shop" at your favorite website .

Quote:
And they are posted..to both.
Thanks and hope that all future events will be posted on RCC.

Non-FB members can see the Recon G6 page, but it's a PITA that the annoying whited out lower 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen is obscured by an annoying pop-up that won't go away...constantly nagging to sign up or login!

It's a shame that the actual Recon G6 page only has "About" and "Contact Recon G6" that work on their page, there's no schedule, no working archives, nothing...

Last edited by Natedog; 04-12-2016 at 11:14 AM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Here you go Face Book. Most of the photos are of ... look at my rig on the front lawn, Oh here it is on the couch, my batteries died how do I charge them??? I need a charger?? 6 or 12 volt ??? Just ****in shoot me..
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Here you go Face Book. Most of the photos are of ... look at my rig on the front lawn, Oh here it is on the couch, my batteries died how do I charge them??? I need a charger?? 6 or 12 volt ??? Just ****in shoot me..
So, pretty much the same content as RCC? hahaha.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #95

What is the entry fee for the Hot Springs Event on October 8th?
cortney0884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #96
RCC Addict

I prefer to get my info here. Facebook doesnt always show you what you want to see.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #97
Rock Stacker

man wish i would've seen this before the motorama i live like and hour from there.
RatBoy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBoy D View Post
man wish i would've seen this before the motorama i live like and hour from there.
So there is an Event in May in Pa by RECON G6 and Pit Bull Tires - join in!
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels View Post
So there is an Event in May in Pa by RECON G6 and Pit Bull Tires - join in!
Pit Bull Tires
presents
the
Super Series
Mega-Cup
Intergalactic
Nationals
of the
Universe
a
RECON G6 Production
Hosted by
Blue Rocks Family Campground

Pit Bull Tires recognizes that the East Coast rc scale adventure scene needs a “Big Event” to celebrate their passion for the RC lifestyle. The Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe is that celebration. This inaugural event is being hailed as the East Coast Scale Event of the Year! If you live the RC lifestyle and you like adventure and you, & you have been wanting to attend a big event; then the wait is over.

What can you expect at the first annual Pit Bull Tires Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe? First, the scale adventure genre is great because of the individualism & personality that each one of us brings to the hobby. Who are we to tell you what to drive and what products to build with? It’s your lifestyle, bring your favorite scale adventure rig. Build it the way you want to. Keep it scale. Afterall, it is called scale adventure and join us for a whole bunch of RC Family Fun.
Pit Bull Tires are not mandatory, but highly recommended. If you do run Pit Bull Tires, you will be eligible for the “Traction Reaction” rewards program. What does that mean, exactly? Well it wouldn’t be an adventure if you knew everything. Lace up a pair of Pit Bull Tires and Do Work.

Every fun filled event of the Pit Bull Tire Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe is covered with one low ticket cost. Have Fun at your convenience. Relax and enjoy 3 days of RC Fun and activities.

You and your family are invited to make memories with us at the beautiful Blue Rocks Family Campground. With miles of trails & creeks & camping on all levels, this is an event that you do not want to miss.Make your reservations as early as possible and look at what all the Blue Rocks Campground has to offer. Home | Blue Rocks Family Campground

What - The Pit Bull Tires Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe
When - May 12th, 13th & 14th
Where - The Blue Rocks Family Campground
Home | Blue Rocks Family Campground
341 Sousley Road
Lenhartsville, PA 19534

Event fee - $50.00 Adults
$25.00 Kids 11 to 15 years old.
Kids 10 & under FREE.
Online registration -

Note - Late registration is available at a cost of $75.00 Adult / $50.00 Kids 11 - 15 yrs of age / Under 10 - Free.

Available Events*
RECON G6 Scale Adventure Event
Aphelion Adventure Race
Tekin Terracross race
Off Road Drag Race
Die Rosterin Show & Shine
Merry Ferry Boat Challenge
Best Dressed “Jason” & Alien Drivers.
Batista Terror Sled Pull
Drive Your Kite Skills Challenge
Close Encounters of the RC KInd

*Events are open to all registered participants. Some events are not mandatory, but highly recommended.

Event Details

Thursday - May 12th
4pm to 8pm Driver Check In / Late Registration
6pm to 7pm Die Roseterin Show & Shine
8pm to 10pm Pull Pal Bautista Sled Pull
Friday - May 13th
9am - Staging for Tekin Terracross Race
9:30am - Tekin Terracross Races
11am to 12pm - Lunch
12:30pm - Off Road Drag Races / Aphelion Adventure Race Start
4pm to 5pm - Dinner / Driver Check In / Late Registration
6pm - Staging for RG6 Scale Adventure
6:30pm - Drivers Meeting / National Anthem
7pm - RECON G6 Scale Adventure Stages Open
10:30pm - ALL RG6 STAGES ARE CLOSED!
Saturday - May 14th
9am - ALL RG6 Stages are OPEN / Aphelion Adventure Race Start
4pm - ALL RG6 Stages are Closed. Turn in all Driver Log Books by 4:30pm.
6pm - Award Ceremony / Raffle
8pm - 10pm - Close Encounters of the RC Kind. An out of this world closing ceremony.
Event Descriptions
Die Rosterin Show & Shine - Enter as many scale adventure rigs as you want. Awards for Best of Show, Most RECON G6 Ready, Best Daily Driver, Best Diorama, & Best Scale Garage.
Pull Pal Bautista Terror Sled Pull - Line up and take a run at a full pull. Classes - 1.9 Tire, 2.2 Tire, RECON Rascal, Drivin Diva. All Full Pulls will advance to a pull off. All Supreme Beings will be awarded in each class.
Tekin Terracross Race - You have seen the action, now experience the excitement of a different kind of racing action. A race where smart driving is rewarded my seeing the checkers. A race where a mistake could turn you into “track art”. A race unlike any other. Classes - 1900 Trail Class, 2200 Trail Class, 1900 Rock Racer, 2200 Rock Racer, & 5200 Trophy Truck (Class Titles props to Sam Silveira)
Off-Road Drag Races - Drive up to the line, wait for the arms to drop, and leave your opponent in the dust. 1.9 Tire Class & 2.2 Tire Class & Rock Racer Class.
RECON G6 Scale Adventure - 10 Stages of the scale adventure driving over a two day period. The event that started the scale adventure driving genre, will test your driving skills, navigational prowess, and have you immersed in an adventure of fun. Be careful, Friday night, the stages belong to “Jason”. Legendary campfire tales about being in the woods at night. Make sure you have lights on your scale adventure rig and a headlamp or a light attached to your radio or both. Do as many stages as you can Friday night before they close, but don’t worry, they will open up again Saturday for you to continue your adventure.
Close Encounters of the RC Kind - This Adventure will bring out the believer in you. Pennsylvania has had one of the more popular alleged UFO crashes to be reported or covered up. What they didn’t tell you is the alleged aliens lost their pets. Several Pit Bull Alien Puppies have been reported in the area. Will you find them? You won’t know where to look until the Press conference held at 8pm on Saturday night. Good Luck and enjoy the closing event of the first annual Pit Bull Tires Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe!
Merry Ferry Boat Challenge - Saturday, the Merry Ferry Boat Challenge is not mandatory, but highly recommended. Only those with a Ferry to transport your scale adventure rig down river, will be allowed to drive that stage. An Award for the Best Ferry will be given. Ferries can be motorized, but is not necessary to complete the stage. Drivers will be responsible for getting their ferries to and from the challenge.
The Best Dressed “Jason” and “Alien” will receive a stage prize. Friday the 13th, dress up like Jason and Saturday, dress up like an Alien.
Drive Your Kite Skills Challenge - This is a online registration challenge. Drivers that register thru Eventbrite will receive a kite. Bring this kite to the special skills section. You are allowed 6 to 8 feet of string. You will attach your kite to your scale adventure rig and drive the required challenge, keeping you kite in the air. If at any time your kite touches the ground, the challenge is over. If your can keep your kite in the air and complete the challenge, swag will be yours!
Aphelion Adventure Race - This is a scale adventure race. Participants must have a smartphone and must join Strava to participate. This is for the adrenaline seeking adventure drivers.
RECON G6 Scale Adventure Intel

Mandatory Scale Items
A tow Strap
10 scale items
5 camping items
Not Mandatory, but Highly Recommended Items
A winch
A scale “Jason” item attached to rig - Friday only.
A scale alien item attached to rig - Saturday only.
A canoe, raft, inner tube is mandatory for a “float your boat challenge” on Saturday. Vessel must be attached before and after the challenge.
A scale bag of coffee beans must be attached to rig. Friday and Saturday Stages.

Special Thanks to Pit Bull Tires and the Blue Rocks Family Campground for making this event possible.
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Can't seem to find any info on the Peterborough G6, anyone know where I can find out the details?
RaceMod is offline   Reply With Quote

2016 RECON G6 Schedule - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Las Vegas 2015-2016 Sporty and Scale Schedule doublej Nevada 5 01-16-2016 12:42 AM
NorCal rcrc 2015 - 2016 Comp Schedule Stuck Competitions 3 09-28-2015 12:02 PM
Nor Cal rcrc 2015 - 2016 Comp Schedule Stuck California 4 09-02-2015 02:48 PM
2014 Recon G6 schedule?? ROLANDROCKSHOP Recon G6 92 02-22-2014 06:59 PM
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM