Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: no 2016 king of hammers g6.......ckrc fun run?? either way we wheel on

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation no 2016 king of hammers g6.......ckrc fun run?? either way we wheel on

Well read theres no g6 for us. Been looking forward to g6 'n with my buddies for a yr now to here its been canceled. Well theres about 10 of us so far that are gonna wheel regardless... just lame some of us have been getting rigs done just for this event. But oh well we'll make the best of it weather ckrc decides to do a "funrun" or not. at least someone can step up.we're a local club and the closest town to johnson valley so if theres any help needed..... we'd be honored.anyone have any intel or just wanna wheel that week or weekend, or any input comment below.

Last edited by puffntough760; 01-13-2016 at 11:35 PM.
puffntough760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2016, 05:48 AM   #2

Default Re: no 2016 king of hammers g6.......ckrc fun run?? either way we wheel on

That is exactly how a couple of my friends and I feel.

I don't feel like parking 1/2 mile away from hammer town and walking in to the pits to be axial track with a couple thousand dollars of rc stuff, lol.

You guys are the locals, post up a time and location for Saturday. Last time I checked we are still allowed to drive rc cars wherever we want �� .

Somewhere on the left side of lake bed inbetween start finish and backdoor?
Party Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 06:02 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: no 2016 king of hammers g6.......ckrc fun run?? either way we wheel on

KOH is all Axial,not Recon G6.
Recon Was just hired in the previous years.

Axial is going to have a demo track and U4 track setup i do believe.

I was really looking forward to going myself,the 1:1 club here goes every year and does recovery at KOH.

Can always hope for next year..
maybe they'll see just how much it was missed this year and bring it back for 2017.
Who knows what the future holds.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have spent all week on the Lake bed for the last 9 years with my 1.1 rigs . Always had a Losi Comp Crawler and Clodbuster based super class never a Axial rig. Just got my first Scaler aka Axial SCX10 Trail Honcho I was hoping to finally participate in my first G6 . I have been spectator at the one they had at the Horseman center in Apple Valley . Agreed with hauling all my RC stuff into H.T. and having to use a cane on most days will suck .
BAJABILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

If the car locks.... i wpuldnt worry about leaving toys behind...unless uncovered/ unlocked. theres tons of ppl. Id say 99% of them are hatd working americans that dont steal or wouldnt stand around watching thing get taken. I had a loaded f150 last yr. Parked it everywhere with mo issues. Food, beer, all supplys were never messed with. Rc stayed inside locked. We're seeing if clrc will step up... of not we WILL be planning something!!!!! Stay tuned!!!!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:46 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Oh and its ohv blm land. We do what we want!!!!! Hahaha well for the most part... lmfao
Old 01-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I agree keeping things locked up and a few cable locks help keep the honest people honest . We have been very lucky at our camp but there are always a few horror stories of tweakers
taking gas cans and generators few bad apples but for the most part a people work hard all year and this is the big week to play with their toys and relax . Just try to keep the motto out of sight out of mind .

I noticed on Pirate and BLM website it says No Drones allowed all week so im sure a few people will be upset not be able to use their new Christmas gifts.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
Y-Town Crawlers

Where are you guys seeing that it's cancelled?
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:34 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

It is listed as being nightly racing and says No Recon G6 on Saturday so technically not canceled but not having a G6 Actual event . Listed on Axial's website
Old 01-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
KOH is all Axial,not Recon G6.
Recon Was just hired in the previous years.

Axial is going to have a demo track and U4 track setup i do believe.

I was really looking forward to going myself,the 1:1 club here goes every year and does recovery at KOH.

Can always hope for next year..
maybe they'll see just how much it was missed this year and bring it back for 2017.
Who knows what the future holds.
Glad to see there will still be a track and racing; I've been building cars for the last 6 months in preparation for it.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:44 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Messaged jason over at ckrc.... hopfully we get a response..... if not we're going full force....making markers, flyers, reaching out to our local rc vendors fot support. We'll have a nice g6 style event regardless..... hopfully with the support of others mabye a raffle or perhaps run it poker run style event.....we'll see....
Old 01-14-2016, 09:28 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
Where are you guys seeing that it's cancelled?
Axial Racing - Axial
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

from Jason the owner of ckrc....

"The official word from Axial is that there is no way any event (free or with fees) is going to be allowed on or around the lake bed after Friday's Finale to KOH Racing. This comes from the organizers of KOH. The word is the BLM is and has cracked down on activities outside the permit for KOH which ends Friday night midnight. We will be there vending for and with Axial. And look forward to seeing all of you."

This says friday at midnight. We're trying to trail saturday, not to mention we trail at these koh trails often. more than likely we'll have a gtg saturday morning either at back door or chocolate thunder. hopefully we can set markers!
Old 01-14-2016, 10:31 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

i honestly dont see BLM cracking down on us considering this is a popular ohv area!!! they know us locals can't wheel the monument..... this humors me. people can do donuts, jump, hit whoops at 70-80 mph, crawl beat up rigs barely running, shoot, but we cant wheel rcs. lmfao. they just want that green sticker $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ hahahahaha
Old 01-15-2016, 04:43 AM   #15
ion
Quarry Creeper

Before you guys just go out there and run a course.

You'll need to understand that Dave Cole the owner of the ultra 4 circuit will shut you down. His permit does not cover it. You will need to file for a separate special use permit, provide the necessary paperwork, insurance, an exact map of the course layout, how many people you are expecting ect.

If you think you can just walk out there toss out any type of event the day after an international race, and no blm officers will be around, then you've gotta open your eyes.

Sorry to sound like a jerk, but facts are facts. They don't care how it was last year, this is how it is from here on out.

Fyi, also unless you have the good gracious of Brian parker of recon g6, then it's not a g6, it's actually illegal for you to say we will be holding a g6 without him. That's his bread and butter and puts food on the table at home and pays his bills. You won't be able to cut in on that without him saying okay and you having to do certain promotional things.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Thats exactly right...^

Its Ultra 4's event..you wanna play,you gotta be on the list or pay for the permit.

Rouge crawling at event like this could possibly get someone hurt if a driver is waaay off course for whatever reason.
Something to think about..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Well technically its not an a event....,,groyp of guys wheeling there toys like everybody else. Idont think you understand. There will be 100s of ppl wheeling not racing the koh event. No event label is needed. A simple "gathering". No g6 name is needed. Rocon g6 can keep it! Not to mention i said a g6 style event. lol Its funny the guysfrom back east can hold a bomb fire party at backdoor in there 1:1s but we cant rc. I think we will take our chances.....its public land

Last edited by puffntough760; 01-15-2016 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:09 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Dont mean to sound like a jerk iether but we got our riding freedoms stripped away from town council so we we wheel here alot alot. Its our backyard... and for a someone to restrict us from it just cause theres something going on is crazy.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

I honestly am willing to take a fine from blm. its just a group of guys wheeling, not during, but after the event. Away from people and traffic and especially the lake bed. every motorized vehicle is flameable and rc's account for like 2% at most and not all these vehicles require a permit to wheel on these trails for that week. we just wont charge.....play follow the leader and have a god time.

Anyone who's down can join in and we'll have a meeting.... we can all talk and wheel rc!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just PM me for updates

Thanks for the info. Ion & Rockland

Last edited by puffntough760; 01-15-2016 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #20

I think some of you may be missing a few important details. According to the guys at ckrc the Ultra 4 permit ends Friday night at midnight. Therefore Saturday it is no longer "hammertown" but just plain old Johnson Valley. Those of us who live here crawl at Johnson Valley and Sunfair (another local Blm ohv area) on a regular basis. Sometimes as much as 2-3 times or more a week. Also our, as well as other local, crawler clubs hold gatherings and bbq get togethers at these places multiple times a year with no problems.

I don't think anyone here is trying to capitalize on G6 or put their hands in Brian's pockets. Just saying we can have a get together crawl that is similar to a G6 type of event.
dankbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote

no 2016 king of hammers g6.......ckrc fun run?? either way we wheel on - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 NENC Scale Trail Night Run Jslick Northeast National Championship 2 06-19-2016 12:41 PM
The ol Hammers was tons of fun today Angus_Beef Vaterra Twin Hammers 9 11-20-2015 08:08 AM
2015 king of the hammers recon g6- solo run puffntough760 Videos! 5 02-19-2015 01:59 AM
trail run/fun run Saturday Nov 9th slim_chance North Carolina 8 11-09-2013 06:07 PM