Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: Whats a good fit for this situation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2016, 08:52 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Whats a good fit for this situation.

My 6 year old, soon to be 7 in march, watched lots of youtube videos after we bought our first crawler last spring. In watching them he came across videos of the Recon G6 events.

Well as any father would do I made the commitment to take him to the Rausch Creek, Pennsylvania event in May.

With that goal in mind we began our journey. First order of business was getting a rig, and we started done the Dingo road Christmas morning. It was an "our" truck. The initial game plan was to 1.9 team challenge.

Now we sit less than a month away from Christmas and he has decided that he is going to use his Christmas money, rewards for reading books and any other change he can muster to buy himself a honcho or powerwagon by his birthday in March.

Being our first event I am inclined to run the team event. However on the flip side he wants to run his own rig. I figure worst case scenario I can push/pull/winch/tow him.

If we run two rigs, will we be able to run together?

I did read this in the rules:
Quote:
The Adventurist may partner up with fellow Adventurist or several to experience the stage as a group and help each other reach the goal of finishing.
Any opinions or input would be appreciated, fortunately I have plenty of time come up with a new game plan if I need to.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Whats a good fit for this situation.

It is Awesome to see that your little one is into RC!
I have a 10 year old and an 8 year old and they both greatly enjoy the RECON G6 Events.
Absolutely you two can run together! It will be quite the experience for both of you!
Just remember to have fun and enjoy all that the RECON events have to offer.
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

me and a buddy ran together he ran 2.2 i run 1.9 so as long as you stay together you can run the whole day with each other
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Thanks for the replies. Your reassurance was exactly what I was looking for. Time to move forward with the two rig plan. I think my backpack just got heavier
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Whats a good fit for this situation. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
whats the largest 32p spur that will fit? skybolt Axial Wraith 5 12-02-2014 07:35 AM
RADIOS: Whats needed and whats a good price tag losikid Electronics 3 02-08-2011 10:20 PM
whats best comp chassis for r2dig/cobalt 7t combo to fit in? reds06jp General Crawlers 2 11-15-2009 04:26 PM
whats hot, whats not. post good and bad setups and products TomEGunn General Crawlers 9 05-28-2009 07:29 PM
reciever reccomendation... whats a good one that will fit my application? dieselfuel Electronics 7 03-15-2006 01:17 AM