Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: SuperMegaIntergalacticEastCoastG6 aka EastCoastAxialfest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default SuperMegaIntergalacticEastCoastG6 aka EastCoastAxialfest?

I see that the East Coast is getting a Axialfest-style event. Details on Facebook here:
https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/event...l%22%7D&aref=3
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: SuperMegaIntergalacticEastCoastG6 aka EastCoastAxialfest?

Details
Pit Bull Tires
presents
the
Super Series
Mega-Cup
Intergalactic
Nationals
of the
Universe
a
RECON G6 Production
Hosted by
Blue Rocks Family Campground

Pit Bull Tires recognizes that the East Coast rc scale adventure scene needs a “Big Event” to celebrate their passion for the RC lifestyle. The Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe is that celebration. This inaugural event is being hailed as the East Coast Scale Event of the Year! If you live the RC lifestyle and you like adventure and you, & you have been wanting to attend a big event; then the wait is over.

What can you expect at the first annual Pit Bull Tires Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe? First, the scale adventure genre is great because of the individualism & personality that each one of us brings to the hobby. Who are we to tell you what to drive and what products to build with? It’s your lifestyle, bring your favorite scale adventure rig. Build it the way you want to. Keep it scale. Afterall, it is called scale adventure and join us for a whole bunch of RC Family Fun.
Pit Bull Tires are not mandatory, but highly recommended. If you do run Pit Bull Tires, you will be eligible for the “Traction Reaction” rewards program. What does that mean, exactly? Well it wouldn’t be an adventure if you knew everything. Lace up a pair of Pit Bull Tires and Do Work.

Every fun filled event of the Pit Bull Tire Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe is covered with one low ticket cost. Have Fun at your convenience. Relax and enjoy 3 days of RC Fun and activities.

You and your family are invited to make memories with us at the beautiful Blue Rocks Family Campground. With miles of trails & creeks & camping on all levels, this is an event that you do not want to miss.Make your reservations as early as possible and look at what all the Blue Rocks Campground has to offer. Home | Blue Rocks Family Campground

What - The Pit Bull Tires Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe
When - May 12th, 13th & 14th
Where - The Blue Rocks Family Campground
Home | Blue Rocks Family Campground
341 Sousley Road
Lenhartsville, PA 19534

Event fee - $50.00 Adults
$25.00 Kids 11 to 15 years old.
Kids 10 & under FREE.
Online registration -

Note - Late registration is available at a cost of $75.00 Adult / $50.00 Kids 11 - 15 yrs of age / Under 10 - Free.

Available Events*
RECON G6 Scale Adventure Event
Aphelion Adventure Race
Tekin Terracross race
Off Road Drag Race
Die Rosterin Show & Shine
Merry Ferry Boat Challenge
Best Dressed “Jason” & Alien Drivers.
Batista Terror Sled Pull
Drive Your Kite Skills Challenge
Close Encounters of the RC KInd

*Events are open to all registered participants. Some events are not mandatory, but highly recommended.

Event Details

Thursday - May 12th
4pm to 8pm Driver Check In / Late Registration
6pm to 7pm Die Roseterin Show & Shine
8pm to 10pm Pull Pal Bautista Sled Pull
Friday - May 13th
9am - Staging for Tekin Terracross Race
9:30am - Tekin Terracross Races
11am to 12pm - Lunch
12:30pm - Off Road Drag Races / Aphelion Adventure Race Start
4pm to 5pm - Dinner / Driver Check In / Late Registration
6pm - Staging for RG6 Scale Adventure
6:30pm - Drivers Meeting / National Anthem
7pm - RECON G6 Scale Adventure Stages Open
10:30pm - ALL RG6 STAGES ARE CLOSED!
Saturday - May 14th
9am - ALL RG6 Stages are OPEN / Aphelion Adventure Race Start
4pm - ALL RG6 Stages are Closed. Turn in all Driver Log Books by 4:30pm.
6pm - Award Ceremony / Raffle
8pm - 10pm - Close Encounters of the RC Kind. An out of this world closing ceremony.
Event Descriptions
Die Rosterin Show & Shine - Enter as many scale adventure rigs as you want. Awards for Best of Show, Most RECON G6 Ready, Best Daily Driver, Best Diorama, & Best Scale Garage.
Pull Pal Bautista Terror Sled Pull - Line up and take a run at a full pull. Classes - 1.9 Tire, 2.2 Tire, RECON Rascal, Drivin Diva. All Full Pulls will advance to a pull off. All Supreme Beings will be awarded in each class.
Tekin Terracross Race - You have seen the action, now experience the excitement of a different kind of racing action. A race where smart driving is rewarded my seeing the checkers. A race where a mistake could turn you into “track art”. A race unlike any other. Classes - 1900 Trail Class, 2200 Trail Class, 1900 Rock Racer, 2200 Rock Racer, & 5200 Trophy Truck (Class Titles props to Sam Silveira)
Off-Road Drag Races - Drive up to the line, wait for the arms to drop, and leave your opponent in the dust. 1.9 Tire Class & 2.2 Tire Class & Rock Racer Class.
RECON G6 Scale Adventure - 10 Stages of the scale adventure driving over a two day period. The event that started the scale adventure driving genre, will test your driving skills, navigational prowess, and have you immersed in an adventure of fun. Be careful, Friday night, the stages belong to “Jason”. Legendary campfire tales about being in the woods at night. Make sure you have lights on your scale adventure rig and a headlamp or a light attached to your radio or both. Do as many stages as you can Friday night before they close, but don’t worry, they will open up again Saturday for you to continue your adventure.
Close Encounters of the RC Kind - This Adventure will bring out the believer in you. Pennsylvania has had one of the more popular alleged UFO crashes to be reported or covered up. What they didn’t tell you is the alleged aliens lost their pets. Several Pit Bull Alien Puppies have been reported in the area. Will you find them? You won’t know where to look until the Press conference held at 8pm on Saturday night. Good Luck and enjoy the closing event of the first annual Pit Bull Tires Super Series Mega-Cup Intergalactic Nationals of the Universe!
Merry Ferry Boat Challenge - Saturday, the Merry Ferry Boat Challenge is not mandatory, but highly recommended. Only those with a Ferry to transport your scale adventure rig down river, will be allowed to drive that stage. An Award for the Best Ferry will be given. Ferries can be motorized, but is not necessary to complete the stage. Drivers will be responsible for getting their ferries to and from the challenge.
The Best Dressed “Jason” and “Alien” will receive a stage prize. Friday the 13th, dress up like Jason and Saturday, dress up like an Alien.
Drive Your Kite Skills Challenge - This is a online registration challenge. Drivers that register thru Eventbrite will receive a kite. Bring this kite to the special skills section. You are allowed 6 to 8 feet of string. You will attach your kite to your scale adventure rig and drive the required challenge, keeping you kite in the air. If at any time your kite touches the ground, the challenge is over. If your can keep your kite in the air and complete the challenge, swag will be yours!
Aphelion Adventure Race - This is a scale adventure race. Participants must have a smartphone and must join Strava to participate. This is for the adrenaline seeking adventure drivers.
RECON G6 Scale Adventure Intel

Mandatory Scale Items
A tow Strap
10 scale items
5 camping items
Not Mandatory, but Highly Recommended Items
A winch
A scale “Jason” item attached to rig - Friday only.
A scale alien item attached to rig - Saturday only.
A canoe, raft, inner tube is mandatory for a “float your boat challenge” on Saturday. Vessel must be attached before and after the challenge.
A scale bag of coffee beans must be attached to rig. Friday and Saturday Stages.

Special Thanks to Pit Bull Tires and the Blue Rocks Family Campground for making this event possible.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Little more heads up would have been nice. But going to try to make this one!

RC4WD Team Driver*Krawl Off-Road
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:52 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Couple questions, is 7 hours on the trails enough time to complete the scale course? I might only be able to come out for Satuday. And is the registration fee for only one day or is it for the whole weekend?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Synister_Intent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
A canoe, raft, inner tube is mandatory for a “float your boat challenge” on Saturday. Vessel must be attached before and after the challenge.
What will I be floating? Just trying to decide on my water craft of choice.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
What will I be floating? Just trying to decide on my water craft of choice.
At Axialfest, the challenge was to get your rig to float across a creek. Some people used pvc pipe and empty 2liter soda bottles to construct a hoopty pontoon boat and others built full on barges. It's really up to you.

Not sure that water looks like at this campground, but the rule is you have to get it across, so either make sure you have a string attached to pull it across or install a motor and prop.

Some pics of floats are in this blog: http://www.axialracing.com/blog_posts/1073911604
Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
At Axialfest, the challenge was to get your rig to float across a creek. Some people used pvc pipe and empty 2liter soda bottles to construct a hoopty pontoon boat and others built full on barges. It's really up to you.

Not sure that water looks like at this campground, but the rule is you have to get it across, so either make sure you have a string attached to pull it across or install a motor and prop.

Some pics of floats are in this blog: Axial Racing - Skeeno’s AXIALFEST 2015 REPORT Part 3 of 3

You got to be shitting me, that's awesome. If you what are suggesting is the case here, then I was reading it as you had to carry it on your rig was incorrect.

That link clears it up. Thanks.

Looks as if I have yet another thing to plan for. I feel a Gordon Lightfoot song coming on.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synister_Intent View Post
Couple questions, is 7 hours on the trails enough time to complete the scale course? I might only be able to come out for Satuday. And is the registration fee for only one day or is it for the whole weekend?

Should be plenty..
I finished all 600 trail markers at axialfest last year in 1 day.
Just honk and beep your way thru the crowd...lol
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Damn scheduling issues. I'm already paid and set to be in Canada running adventure series with the gcm Boys that weekend.

madtinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:22 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtinner View Post
Damn scheduling issues. I'm already paid and set to be in Canada running adventure series with the gcm Boys that weekend.

I feel ya, I'll be in RI for the New England Monster Showdown that weekend. Oh well, I was told that it will be a yearly event, so I'll hit it up next year. The campground and area will be awesome for this event.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Yeah More of a heads up would be nice.......people do have jobs.
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
Yeah More of a heads up would be nice.......people do have jobs.

You still have RCs??
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
You still have RCs??
Yeah wanna buy me out?
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Actually. For parker. This is alot of notice.

madtinner is offline   Reply With Quote

SuperMegaIntergalacticEastCoastG6 aka EastCoastAxialfest? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ActivePowerSports.com aka Escondido Motorsports aka sidebysidesports.com alexchen86 Non Crawler RC's 0 09-17-2015 01:36 PM
Harvie Passage aka RiverTrail aka Calgary Civic Trail Truck Park. Timbulb Canada 0 05-12-2013 12:20 PM