Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Official RS10 tips and tricks thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #41
RCC Addict

I'll see what I can do about the wing removal how-to. As far as the lower links are concerned...I don't think the threaded ends come out of the stock links. Getting some 3mm bolts and cutting the heads off works well...or you can get some nice long 3mm set screws that also work well. Your LHS should have both.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Talking

thanks alot for the help. i was really thinking about getting a bigger named crawler because of the parts availability on this one but now i think that i am going to stick with the little guy after seeing all of the 10s on here. thanks alot everyone.
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Update for you guys. Thanks to Speed Metal Army we have a new motor option. The motors look similar to the cobalts I'm running, might be slightly pricey, but I think they'd work well for folks. Link is posted on the front page.

Last edited by jsowens; 02-23-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
Update for you guys. Thanks to Speed Metal Army we have a new motor option. The motors look similar to the cobalts I'm running, might be slightly pricey, but I think they'd work well for folks. Link is posted on the front page.
Well worth the bux!!!
Speed Metal Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

How does everyone like those banebots? I might buy some cuz of the price lol
racerx26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

ok so i am looking at getting new motors but i dont know which of the cobalts will fit. if anyone is running these can you please tell me which part number it is so that i can actually have some torque and wheel speed in my rs10.

thanks brent
Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcatguy View Post
ok so i am looking at getting new motors but i dont know which of the cobalts will fit. if anyone is running these can you please tell me which part number it is so that i can actually have some torque and wheel speed in my rs10.

thanks brent
400 size bolts right up and fits perfectly with no mods. It gets a little close to the shocks, but not an issue at all.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:27 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Talking

hey thanks alot i dont know what i would have done if i hadnt found this forum. i like that everyone has done the trial and error and i just have to do what people say works. thanks alot everyone.

Thanks
Brent
Old 03-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Hey. here is a mod that has worked for me.I removed my wheel weights and mounted the weights on the axle instead of inside the wheels.It will give the same traction as wheel weights and allow the motors to run cooler ,longer,and have the max power for the little 380 size anyway.I was running 6oz in each front wheel and 4 oz in each rear wheel.Now I have the same amount of weight mounted on the axle on each side.It looks funny but it works well.I think the weight I was running in my wheels was also the reason my banebots burned up and didnt work well,I think I may order another set of them and give them another shot.
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Default 540's and the forced 4 link..

To Install 540's there is a lot of gear box cutting , a 4-link with bent rods to clear motors as well as link spacing.

dgna5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #51

how can a lower the center of gravity im takin alot of roll overs?
can someone post some pictures of the wing removal?
72chevyrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72chevyrs10 View Post
The wing removal is simple...If I had any idea where mine were, I would get some pics for you, but maybe someone else can post some up. All you do is remove 4 screws from under the wing, then you have to make a 4 link mount which is pictured a lot on here to bolt the upper links to.

One easy way to lower the center of gravity is to slide the shock mounts toward the axle. Other than that you can mess around with where things are placed, weights in the wheels, etc...
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #53

i have an rs10 with a stock battery and charger how long should i charge the battery and how long should it last?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #54

i want to use som axial bent links on my rs10 any one done it? i found ones on ebay for five buck do i have to buy axial ends? and will i need new lower shock mounts?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
A big one is to buy stick packs,and ditch the "brick" pack battery.The weight is distributed much lower.You have to modify the battery tray,But its worth the time.Buy some velcro,and go nuts.

Speed Metal Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
i want to use som axial bent links on my rs10 any one done it? i found ones on ebay for five buck do i have to buy axial ends? and will i need new lower shock mounts?
You can use axial links...you just need to buy some rod ends and long set screws. The stock shock mounts have been used on bent links, you just have to drill them out.

With that said, any questions you guys have just make a new post about it or search. There have been several posts about bent links already. I'm trying to keep this thread used for posting mods or helpful hints that you can do...to keep it from being a ton of pages that nobody will wanna sift through. Not to mention you'll probably get a faster response by either searching or posting a new thread. However, if anyone has any tips that aren't on here already or homemade mods, by all means post them up and include photos if you can.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #57

Default crystal help

Purchased new crystals for my rs10 put them in and it wont go? what is wrong? still works fine with stock crystals. came with a 27.225
Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

RX = RECIVER TX= TRANSMITTER. Thats the most common problem putting them in the wrong one. switch them around and try it again, crystals shouldnt matter too much unless they are broken.

also one thing iv learned is that some Transmitters dont corespond with some recivers, example would be my TRAXXAS Transmitter wouldnt work with a HPI reciver because they are on different SHIFT point. even tho they are 27MHZ AM radios they dont want to talk to eachother. so keep that in mind also
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #59
Rock Stacker

Quote:
New upper and lower links....... moved the shocks back some..... 8tooth pinions and rovers are the mail

Stealthracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Quote:
Purchased new crystals for my rs10 put them in and it wont go? what is wrong? still works fine with stock crystals. came with a 27.225
Did you buy FM or AM crystals? I'm almost positive the redcat stock rx/tx is FM. Like I said before, if you have questions or need help, post out in the forum. Let's keep this tips and tricks thread strictly for mods and helpful hints.