Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Official RS10 tips and tricks thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #101
RCC Addict

At this point very few motors have been tried with the RS10 by the guys on this forum. Trying new motors and these mini motors you guys are finding is like playing russian roulette, in a way. On one hand you might find some decent motors, but on the other hand you might end up with something that sucks and you're just throwing your money away. If you guys wanna try the ones you're finding...by all means do, and post up on here if they do/don't work, but if it were me, I would toss in some banebots, pullers, or 540's and be done with it.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 02:40 PM   #102
Pebble Pounder

By the way about the "tested" motors, I've contacted Promax about the Promax Cobalt Motors to ask them about the sipping cost to Europe for those motors and here is what I had for answer:

Hi,
This motor is designed for airplane and is not for crawling. It will melt down! We do NOT have any motor for crawler at all.

Regards,
Jarvis Yeh
Maxx Products

I intend to use them with 7.2V 4200mAh stick battery, so is there realy a problem??
Big Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Not sure which of the promax cobalt motors you asked them about, but if it's the 400 size 13 turn versions, they're almost identical to what I have and mine have been going strong for a year now on a 7.4v nimh battery. It's true, they're not "designed" for a crawler...hell, most people wouldn't even consider running a puller motor like that on one. Another thing to keep in mind if you do get some, they do get hot...quite hot if you run them continuously. I give mine a break every 10-15 mins or so and let them cool down for a couple of minutes. I would imagine his reply is mostly a disclaimer to save his ass if someone buys a motor to use in a crawler, then wants it warrantied if the motors die.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:56 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Here is the final word about Promaxx...

I contact them about there 400 sized Cobalt motor and here is there answer:

Hi,
The production stopped a couple of years ago due to lack of demand. We sold out our entire stock earlier this year and have no plan to carry it again.

Regards,
Jarvis Yeh
Maxx Products

So I think that the Promaxx Cobalt can be put out of the recomanded motors upgrade.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #105
RCC Addict

Thanks for the heads up man, I took them off the list. That really sucks though...There would be demand for them now haha. If I had known they were stopping production on them, I would've snatched up several pairs of them when I had the chance.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #106
Pebble Pounder

Still me and still about motors
I've finaly ordered some motors...

Those are 370 sized motors by LRP. They make 2 kind: HS (high speed) and HT (high.....torque )
They are fully rebildable and not to expensive.
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...ified/details/

I just need to know how can I find the number of "T" a motor is, beacause they don't give that information
I can hopen the motor and then...??

I will let you know how they behave, but don't forget to tell me how to count the nbr of "T"
Old 10-15-2010, 04:54 PM   #107
RCC Addict

For those of you that may be attending the iHobby expo in Chicagp next week (10/21-10/24), there will be a few new offerings displayed at the Redcat booth...
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pitt View Post
Still me and still about motors
I've finaly ordered some motors...

Those are 370 sized motors by LRP. They make 2 kind: HS (high speed) and HT (high.....torque )
They are fully rebildable and not to expensive.
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...ified/details/

I just need to know how can I find the number of "T" a motor is, beacause they don't give that information
I can hopen the motor and then...??

I will let you know how they behave, but don't forget to tell me how to count the nbr of "T"

As far as i can tell they dont give a Turn rateing or an rpm rating, but from what i have learnd about the turn ratings "High torque" would be a higher T rateing and the "High speed" would be a lower turn rating as far as knowing exactly, just contact the manufacturer
Matt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #109

Default tires !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what i've done to my tires. I took them apart and cut the foam like a 5 star. Then took some 12 guage cooper wire and wrapped my rims 5 in the rear 6 in the front. Reassembled my tires then took a razor blade and slit my tires treads. It's worked great for me till my servo went out. new 1 is on the way. i did all that in about 3 hours and it cost me no $. beats $30 for two tires.
kpickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #110

good write up
MdgtRac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #111

did you come up with all of these?
MdgtRac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #112
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdgtRac View Post
did you come up with all of these?
A lot of them I did...some were borrowed and adapted from other rigs and some were suggested by other members, to whom I gave credit to. When I first bought my RS10, I was only 1 of maybe 4 people on the board who had one and to my knowledge I was the first one to do the wing removal and axle mounted shocks.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #113
Pebble Pounder

Default 3/8 washer motor mount

I made a motor mount out of a 3/8 washer to go inside case.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
tom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 PM   #114

something else i have had good sucess with. I took a 7.2 volt stick pack and zip tied it to my front axel. I also left the battery that come with the truck in it's orginal place. i charge both then go play. I got the added weight in the front i wanted plus double the run time. lol this is what made my front servo go tho. the added weight on the front. Just wanted to let you know so you know ahead of time if your servo goes out you kinda know why. lol
kpickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #115
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
A lot of them I did...some were borrowed and adapted from other rigs and some were suggested by other members, to whom I gave credit to. When I first bought my RS10, I was only 1 of maybe 4 people on the board who had one and to my knowledge I was the first one to do the wing removal and axle mounted shocks.

And he is still kickin around. Man good to see you here owen
nhwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Haha thanks man...good to see you around too.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #117
Rock Stacker

any body recomend bead lock or no bead lock?
CubCadet Pulling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #118
Pebble Pounder

bead lock
tom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:18 PM   #119
RCC Addict

This probably isn't the best place to ask a question about beadlocks and expect answers...it would be easier to make a completely new topic. Anyway, I second the beadlocks. Especially if you find a good deal or splurge on some nice aluminum ones...they're so much more pleasant to work with than plastic beadlocks are.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #120

thanks for all the suggestions and tips...keep up the good work everyone.
whitejc4 is offline   Reply With Quote