Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: remote control ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default remote control ?

Ok so Im pretty sure I want to get set up for dig , My question is , will the stock controler be able to run the switch ? I only want the rear to lock up .
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

p.s. I did search and found the same question but never any answers . No one with a solid yes this will work but you have to do this or this .
Old 02-22-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

well here is your solid answer. NO. ou need a tq3 and do a pushbuttin mod.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I don't think anyone has tried to mod the stock radio for dig. A TQ3 is one way to go, but any 3 channel radio with either push button mod, or 3 position toggle would be a good way to go.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well, iv read about digs and not even some pro crawlers use digs. also heres a question, what dig would you be useing??? I didnt think one would work for the RS10....
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Digs definitely work in the RS10's. I have a dig switch setup in mine...consisting of 2 switches and a micro servo. Alternately you can pick up a punk dig and avoid the bulkiness of switches. Some people use them, some don't. I'm perfectly content with crawling without dig, but I wired this one up to see what all the fuss was about. If I like it, I might upgrade to the punk dig in the future, but who knows. You can add a setup like mine for under $50.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
Digs definitely work in the RS10's. I have a dig switch setup in mine...consisting of 2 switches and a micro servo. Alternately you can pick up a punk dig and avoid the bulkiness of switches. Some people use them, some don't. I'm perfectly content with crawling without dig, but I wired this one up to see what all the fuss was about. If I like it, I might upgrade to the punk dig in the future, but who knows. You can add a setup like mine for under $50.

But I still need another remote correct?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
RCC Addict

At this point nobody has cracked open the stock radio and tried to modify it to work with a dig. If you're fairly tech savvy, you might wanna give it a shot. Otherwise, yes you'll need a different radio for dig. Like I said, I got my entire dig setup for under $50. My radio/reciver was under $30 shipped, dig servo was $8, and all of your switches and wire from radio shack to get everything going will be around $10-15 at most. Some folks might not like the TQ3 and dig switch setup, but it works fine for me. If I had the extra cash, I would likely go for something like a dx3e and punk dig setup, though.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

How dose a PUNK DIG work? dose it just lock up the motor then? so the wheels dont move. i looked on the website and it has a venom creeper set up with dig and then the punk dig.... so guess im kinda confused.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Basically...it cuts current to either the front or rear motor, so the wheels will be locked. My switch setup also does this, but the punk dig is much smaller and easier to fit in a tight space. Here's a link, there's a video near the bottom so you can see how a rig outfitted with a punk dig works:

http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...products_id=28