Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: motor possibility

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default motor possibility

so here is a motor that someone sugested to me im not too sure how it would be or any thing. the write up says that it is for a 1/18 scale but they are 380 motors. it would be around $180 to do a dual esc set up and have the motors but it would be nice cause these are programable and brushless. if anyone has tried these let me know how you like them. here is the like check em out.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...044&sa=image#p

Thanks
Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

in my opinion it would be a huge waste of money when you could just buy the holmes motors and a rc4wd dig for just about $100 and a sidewinder esc is only like $70 so for less then the $180 it would be the way to go but buy then you could have just started over with bully axles and built a bully for the same price and be miles and miles ahead
landtortise89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
RCC Addict

^ Yeah, he could get some bully axles for what he would be paying for the dual brushless setup, but he's not gonna build an entire bully rig for that price. He would still need motors and esc(s), and I'm not so sure he'd wanna keep the stock rs10 chassis/links for the bully.

With a good motor setup you shouldn't need dual esc's...unless you just want them for the dig factor, which can easily be done with a single esc and either dig switches or electronic dig like the punk unit. I'm still running a stock esc with cobalts and 6 cell nimh batteries and I can do some fairly tough lines at my local crawl spot and basically have no clod stall. I can't imagine my rig on a good esc and 3s lipo.

I'm almost positive nobody has tried brushless in a RS10...most folks try banebots and a handful of us have the cobalts. I say if you wanna try brushless and you have the cash for the setup, go for it. It just might be hard finding folks who have dropped those systems in a MOA rig that can help you out if issues arise.

Last edited by jsowens; 03-31-2010 at 12:59 PM.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
^ Yeah, he could get some bully axles for what he would be paying for the dual brushless setup, but he's not gonna build an entire bully rig for that price. He would still need motors and esc(s), and I'm not so sure he'd wanna keep the stock rs10 chassis/links for the bully.

With a good motor setup you shouldn't need dual esc's...unless you just want them for the dig factor, which can easily be done with a single esc and either dig switches or electronic dig like the punk unit. I'm still running a stock esc with cobalts and 6 cell nimh batteries and I can do some fairly tough lines at my local crawl spot and basically have no clod stall. I can't imagine my rig on a good esc and 3s lipo.

I'm almost positive nobody has tried brushless in a RS10...most folks try banebots and a handful of us have the cobalts. I say if you wanna try brushless and you have the cash for the setup, go for it. It just might be hard finding folks who have dropped those systems in a MOA rig that can help you out if issues arise.
Well said!!!!!! plus who would want to pay more $ for motors and esc's than you paid for the truck???????
Stealthracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

ya i get wat ur saying i was just throwing it out there that there is a 380 brushless and was wondering if anyone had done the mod to theirs. im not really thinking about doing it to mine.

i run a 2s on stock motors and a stock esc and it is amazing. i cant wait to get the hh 454 motors and a better esc so i can get rid of the clod stall and the lipo cutoff.

so how do the cobalts do in a bind situation. i am inbetween the hh 454 and the cobalts. what in everyones opinion is better. i just dont want to sink 80 to 100 bucks into inferior motors.

Thanks
Brent
redcatguy is offline   Reply With Quote