Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: rs-10 for casual use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default rs-10 for casual use

hey guys. somewhat of a newb here as i've been out of rc for 25+ years. matter of fact, last one i had was a kyosho gallop. i bought an mrc bout a month ago and i'm hooked again. it's great but i'm lookin for more size. i'm not wanting to compete, just casual trail stuff and lakeside crawling with my son in law and his mildly modified ax-10. my question is, is the rs-10 gonna be satisfactory, or should i anty up for someting else. i've lurked and read alot of threads, but i just want to know you guys opinion.
ol puddin head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

My buddy (axialchevy) has a modded ax10 and my out of the box rs10 went all the places his ax did and then some. I think the redcat is a great buy for out of the box. The rs10 has a longer Wheelbase and the 4wheel steering Helps a BUNCH lol. Ive driven both of his and another friends and i like my rs10 better. A little modding to these and they might become unstopable

Thats just my .02 cents,
Jeremy
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

i was in the same situation as you i bought the 10 and couldnt be happier i use it almost every day never broke anything yet did a few mods and it crawls great i didnt expect it to do much but it really suprised me how durable it is so i say go for it you wont regret it
p.s. get new tires right away huge difference over stock
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
i was in the same situation as you i bought the 10 and couldnt be happier i use it almost every day never broke anything yet did a few mods and it crawls great i didnt expect it to do much but it really suprised me how durable it is so i say go for it you wont regret it
p.s. get new tires right away huge difference over stock
What he said haha. The stock tires are like bricks
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
RCC Addict

For what it is...you can't go wrong with it. As long as you buy it with the mindset that it's an inexpensive, entry level rig...you'll likely be happy with it. With some mods they're pretty capable rigs, but if you want something that's on the same caliber as a bully or berg...I'd look elsewhere.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default my 10

is on fleabay its at a measley 77.00 no reserve with one day left. I should have put more pics up . oh well
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Got mone for the same reason, wanted to goof around and let my daughter drive some. The great thing about these rigs is, you only spent $160 for EVERYTHING! I'd be pissed if I spent double that on another rig just to find out that I still need to get better tires and bent links and better servos. Out of the box it seems okay till you find an obstacle it won't handle and you start modding. I love that through playing with it and reading the wealth of information on this site, I feel ready to build one from scratch. If you get one don't bother with the stock tires, I tried all the tricks ( siping, simple green, foams) and they still suck. Slapped on some rovers and bam! this thing can crawl. Beware though, if you get one it can CONSUME your life and free internet time. get one and have a blast on the cheap.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

If you read all the posts and have been lurking then why do you need to ask our opinion? You should have a very good idea what we think of our 10's. Just look at Talons posts and see him stirring up the $hit with axial guys. The truck is great and with mods you can comp with it and people ARE!! I have mine and have no need to another crawler. In fact I have been rebuilding my TXT-1 to a monster truck. I fail to see what it is on bully or berg tht is so much better than my RS-10 that warrents me spending and extra $950.00. Do they ride them to work everyday?
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMonte View Post
If you read all the posts and have been lurking then why do you need to ask our opinion? You should have a very good idea what we think of our 10's. Just look at Talons posts and see him stirring up the $hit with axial guys. The truck is great and with mods you can comp with it and people ARE!! I have mine and have no need to another crawler. In fact I have been rebuilding my TXT-1 to a monster truck. I fail to see what it is on bully or berg tht is so much better than my RS-10 that warrents me spending and extra $950.00. Do they ride them to work everyday?
you r right, i should have a good idea, and i do(thanks guys) but just like some of my other hobbies forums i'm on, theres alot of trash talk and dwelling on rides weaknesses because alot of people evolve deeper than i do into the sport. i just wanted to know a hobbiest opinion if it was worth the cake. thanks to all of you for the input.
ol puddin head is offline   Reply With Quote