Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Undriveable glitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Undriveable glitch

Ok I've been through the forums researching glitches I cant find one that sounds similar to mine. Heres the problem;from the second I turn it on it begins to twitch mildly even with the controller off,driving with no load is a little glitchy but when I try to climb the thing breaks into a full out seizure going back forward and steering in every direction,sometimes when I put load to it it takes off unresponsive in the opposite direction until it hits something. Ive been over the wiring,replaced the crystals. Still same thing.....happened since day 1 but only used to happen on weak charge now even on full charge. Steering works fine though allways has.

Im stumped could it be the esc/bec ,reciever,interference?

Now for the dumb question,what contains the steering modes controller,reciever or esc?
Dabandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

If you've checked the wiring and that seems fine...my guess is either receiver, ESC, or could just need a BEC. My stock receiver eventually went out and it glitched like crazy right before it went. A new one fixed the problem, but I still get the occasional glitch. Do you have any other r/c vehicles that you could try the receiver in? That could eliminate that or confirm that it's the problem.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #3

I agree, it must be your receiver. I have change all my electronics except the stock radio and receiver. When my radio is off mine acts exactly like the way you described. One thing I did was put my receiver in a balloon the first week I had it. Mainly to protect it since it seemed like the cheesiest part on the truck. Mine hasn't died yet but I'm sure it will one day.
92gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
If you've checked the wiring and that seems fine...my guess is either receiver, ESC, or could just need a BEC. My stock receiver eventually went out and it glitched like crazy right before it went. A new one fixed the problem, but I still get the occasional glitch. Do you have any other r/c vehicles that you could try the receiver in? That could eliminate that or confirm that it's the problem.

No I dont have any other recievers at the moment sold my rigs and extras (had an f this hobby moment lol) When yours went did it take off on its own? Ive heard of the reciever glitches with these but no one had one take off on them like that at least in the threads ive been through.
P.S thanks for the help
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Lol,ok it could be;esc/bec,bat or reciever. Ready to run they say,what they dont say is for how long lol

Rs10 Instructions;
1.open box
2.throw contents in garbage
3.replace everything

I'll start with the reciever thanks everyone
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Mine glitches when I turn the rx off or when the rx batteries are weak. its like its picking up another signal from something . juts back and forth , tires jiggle like mad . And Im running a tq3 (like its something special).
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Mine did it one time! i pulled the rx crystal out and put it back in and worked fine
Stealthracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #8
jwo
Rock Crawler

i run a modded tq3. mine is wicked glitchy as well. i know the feeling of the seizures. i have about a 2 or 3 foot range. i have my intenna coiled areound the chassis braces on mine, so thats probably why, im going to be upgading a bit very soon. nothings worse then trying to make a line and your rig goes bonkers. i was happy with my tq3, but its time i spend a little coin on a good radio system. i know the tq3's are known for being fussy. the last time i had issues with the radio in another rig it was due to my bec. power wires can cause these issues as well. any cuts or any thing on the rx antenna? could be a number of things.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Okay heres the deal I think I got to the bottom of this I/we are dealing with 3 issues with similar problems. After a couple days research this is what I keep seeing. esc/bec because for alot of people replacing the reciever helped but didnt solve the issue,the reciever because replacing the esc again helped but did'nt solve the issue and the final issue (just a guess) but something on the rig is putting out a frequency the cheap stock reciever loves

From what I've seen the seizures and taking off are from the esc/bec and the minor spasms are from the reciever and or frequency pollution.

Im no expert this is just what I've been noticing around the internet for this and other entry level rigs. Let me know what you think

By the way Ive decided to start with esc been looking for an excuse to try a tiny tekin lol

Forgot to mention my issues arent range related even at 2'' it happens

Last edited by Dabandit1; 04-26-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

well what it sounds like to me and i have had it happen with my stadium truck due to pure shock from geting bashed so hard is your reciever in the truck went out or your capacitors on your motor are bad your motor can put out rf (radio frequencies) that will interfier with your transmission between the remote and reciever i have had both go out frequently if not checked. try replacing your motor capacitors you can pick some up at your lhs pretty cheap and in bulk. if that dont do it try replacing the reciever in the truck. if not the only thing left is a bad esc.<- not likely tho. esc usually only effects motors and you are having steering and throttle glitching so i would say reciever or capacitor.

Last edited by talon0713; 04-27-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: mixed up words
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

MIne did that, it was the little capasitor on the motor. The little yellow things mounted to the posts and the motor housing, also between the two posts. These can go bad and there is no way to tell. The only way I knew mine was bad was it broke off. You can go bigger too. They have them at Radio Shack. Solder a set up before you buy anything expencive.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #12

Default glitch

mines did the same thing and i went for the simple problem first the antanna (? spelling idk) i put one i had off my broke heli on and was fine. I am running half a antanna tube on truck i tried doin somthing else with it but had problems

Last edited by nylint pimp; 04-30-2010 at 01:22 PM.
nylint pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Make sure that your antenna is not wrapped around any metal or touching any of your other wires. Also keep your wires seperated somewhat , you don't want power wires, servo wires etc all wrapped around eachother and touching eachother. And you always turn your controller on before the car and turn the car off before turning your controller off. I hope that helps.
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote