Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Didn't take long.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Didn't take long.

Took it out for the first time today. 30 mins in, click - click- click...... Front servo gone. picked up a new one. still had fun battling an ax10. He was heavier so he ran me over a lot... good time though. The wd40 trick must have worked on the tires b/c I had no traction issues on the rocks at all, except when my budy's AX10 fliped me over and parked on top of me. My other buddy gave me a fj40 body that was on his crawler when he bought it, he changed to a YJ (We are all in a local jeep club). I gave another friend of mine an extra batt pack for his big old nylint (Kind of a "Pay it forward" thing). It was a good day.
rockunlimited2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

At least you got 30 minutes of play time. I'm on vacation and took my cars to a sweet spot , I started to crawl a sweet line and my Rs rolls off a 5 foot drop and breaks my Delrin link. I didnt have a spare so I pull out the Creeper and start the same line , I'm making good progress and I hear a pop , An axle shaft beaks and once again no spare with me. That was all in like 10 minutes . I was crapped
Santa Cruz Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Stuck in the new servo, adjusted the wheel base, and droped on the new body. All is good.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #4

Did you go with a aftermarket servo?
if so which one? how does it perform? (if you have had time to give it a go)
seven_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I run those 7.00 servos from flea bay at 7.2 volts they work pretty good . supposed to be 220oz @6v so I dont know what they are pushing but if another goes out its worth a try.
camobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven_gun View Post
Did you go with a aftermarket servo?
if so which one? how does it perform? (if you have had time to give it a go)
JR something - Hi-tourqe .... I think, it said "new high strenth gear material" on the box. I did not feel like droping the cash for the metal geared servo since this is just a goof around toy for me. It was $24 at hobby town. It works, but had to reverse the channel to make it stear correctly. Now it 4 wheel steers on mode 2 and crab walks in mode 3, no biggy. We will see how long the rear servo holds up. I was told it died fast because I had pulled the tire foams and did the wd 40 trick on the tires. Must give them to much bite... who knows. It does look very nice with the new body. the previous owner paited it with a two tone red that came out looking like it was a weathered FJ40. plus it was free, that makes it look even better. I will toss on the stock body when I have my battle-royals with my buddies AX10. We like to lay-in-wait for each other to get in a bad spot and then we try to run each other off the rocks. He has more weight so he can take me head on, but give me the high ground, and it is on.

Last edited by rockunlimited2; 05-04-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
We like to lay-in-wait for each other to get in a bad spot and then we try to run each other off the rocks. He has more weight so he can take me head on, but give me the high ground, and it is on.
Wow Derby Crawling. Now that is something I haven't heard of yet
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
Wow Derby Crawling. Now that is something I haven't heard of yet
I dig it, would be crazy to get six or more guys all in on it.
The carnage would be unbelievable.
seven_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

same thing happend to me also click-click dead didnt want to spend so much on it and I went with this servo Towerpro MG996R 10kg Servo 55g / 10kg / .20sec they say its not bad but will give it a try
gunatrytocrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven_gun View Post
I dig it, would be crazy to get six or more guys all in on it.
The carnage would be unbelievable.
Oh ya it is awsome. We all start out playing nice.. then one will be on the same rock and nudge one a little... then another will try the same line before the other is off the line so the first rig will stop and knock the second one off the line... then it breaks down from there to simpley running each other over. This is when you have to watch out for the big Nylints. The best way is to stay up in the high rocks, but if you knocked down to the lower rocks, they will be on you like a pack of jackles.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockunlimited2 View Post
Oh ya it is awsome. We all start out playing nice.. then one will be on the same rock and nudge one a little... then another will try the same line before the other is off the line so the first rig will stop and knock the second one off the line... then it breaks down from there to simpley running each other over. This is when you have to watch out for the big Nylints. The best way is to stay up in the high rocks, but if you knocked down to the lower rocks, they will be on you like a pack of jackles.
that is too funny... dam nylints, alwayse think they are bigger then everyone lmao. trueth be told they are just fatter lmao.

Last edited by talon0713; 05-03-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote