Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Full Droop questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Full Droop questions

I have decided to try full droop on my RS-10 to see if I like it. Plus my springs rub the motors.

I have mounted my shocks upside down for the weight benefit and now I would like some advice on both oil weight and hole size on the little plunger disk inside the shock. Also any other tips you think I might like.

I am running 15wt oil right now. The truck stays down when I push it down but also stays up when I lift it up. Is this normal? One other thing is my shocks leak, any quick cheap or free tips to stop the leaks?

Thanks for your help
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

It should try to return to one position, maybe your springs are too soft. I ran 100wt oil for awhile and liked the predictability but seems like the 60wt is a good balance point. Also, make sure to use silicone oil, not motor/gear oil to avoid leaks. Also take a good look at where your top cap threads to you shock body as they always seem to want to cross thread and then leak. Good luck!
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

In a full droop setup, the crawler should stay fully compressed and the shocks extend if the wheels drop. I'm betting your springs are too soft...try changing that up a bit and mess with the shock oil. When I ran full droop, I ran medium tension springs and 100wt oil and the setup worked well for my rocks, but I ultimately went back to sprung shocks.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote