Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: LittleE's Low Dime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Alright, I dropped the coin just now. I ordered 12"x12" Sheet of 1/8" delrin, 6"x6" sheet of 1/2" delrin, 5 ft of 5/16" delrin rod, 100 30mm m3 bolts, and 100 m3 nuts from McMaster-Carr. A pair of aluminum AX10 knuckles and 20 rod ends from ZNO-RC. And finally, two sets of deans plugs (For my battery, I'm tires of the Tamiya connectors) and a metal steering horn from TCS crawlers. Imma get this b**ch working. I'm actually going to be using some of my friends big tools for making the chassis this time rather then just a dremel. Hopefully, I'll have the delrin by this weekend, they're only about 150 miles from me and i got priority shipping. So that I can get all of the custom stuff done and then wait for all the other stuff and get it finished
LittleE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

So, good news, I have the thing completely torn down to nothing but the axles, tires and a pile of electronics. Also, my packages from McMaster-Carr came in today so I will be able to do the chassis this weekend. I'll update with pics when I get the chassis done. I'm going to basically take the whole T1E chassis with the seperate top so that It will be 2" wide at the bottom and the comp legal 3" at the top.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Well I got done what I could today. I finished the chassis plates, skid and made a new servo mount. The delrin rod still isn't here so I couldn't finish the chassis up completely. I'm not to terribly happy about the top of the chassis, the original one was much better but I messed up right at the last bit of detail on the front most window hole so now it's unusable. This one I just kinda cut out and called it good. Mind the blue sharpie, I got bored and put color on it.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Nice start! I'm curous as to why you built a new servo mount. The stocker mount seems up to the task. You just bored?
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Nice start! I'm curous as to why you built a new servo mount. The stocker mount seems up to the task. You just bored?
The stock one kept moving around. It couldn't handle the servo torque.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

So I mocked up the chassis with some random stuff to hold the chassis together until I get the delrin rod and made the body panels. Here's what it looks like all together. I'm going to clear off all that blue sharpie, except on the skid. I don't even know what compelled me to do that.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

So, the delrin rod came in today so i'll start by making the chassis support posts and the spacers that connect the top to the bottom tonight, I'm still waiting for my package from zno so hopefully that will come in tommorow, I can't make any links or steering linkage until so because I don't know the length of the rod ends I ordered. I'll post some pics of the chassis when I'm done here In a little while.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Well the chassis is done, now i'm starting to mock up the suspension, It's definitely going to have quite a bit of ground clearance, about 3.5"-3.75" Here's how is sits as of now.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

I kinda liked your old chassis better, but lets see how this one works for ya. That ground clearance sounds pretty high. Especially with the heavy stick battery sitting up in it.
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:31 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackalope View Post
I kinda liked your old chassis better, but lets see how this one works for ya. That ground clearance sounds pretty high. Especially with the heavy stick battery sitting up in it.
Yeah, it is a bit high, just when I was starting to mock the suspension, 3" (what I was aiming for) made the upper links interfear to much with the dif and front chassis support rod. I can always move the support rod back, I just worry about the hood a little, but I don't really know its stance yet, theres no weight on it and I haven't tuned it yet. Also my last chassis looked functional but it wasn't really, I tried different grounds clearances, link positions and such but it still wasnt working like I wanted it to.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Lowered it down to 3" to see how it looks today before work, definitely looks better at this height, gonna have to find a way to mount the hood though.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

So good news, got my package from zno. Im going to make the links after work and hopefully get it done tonight or tomorrow
Old 07-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Got it done tonight, finally. Right now, the electronics are inside the chassis but I might make some electronic trays for the back axle to mount that all on and get the weight a little lower. I did a quick test with the little battery it has and it works amazingly compared to how it's ever been, even with the high cog. I am very happy.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Its been awhile since my last update but I've been tuning it and what not, still am, It's going to need new motors, the front one is basically not even trying anymore, I tried backing out the screws, not having the gears as close together and such but nothings helping, if I throw it at a 90* wall, the front motor just quits and it basically turns into 2wd. So, that's my issue right now, also the suspension needs some work, the front and rear lowers are a little long, mainly the fronts, making my wheelbase about 13", need to get it back down to 12.5". I'm going camping from Thursday to Sunday but unfortunately, there's no real reason to take the rs10 so I'll have to fix it when I get back.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

What motors do you have?
eggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggie View Post
What motors do you have?
Banebot 390s. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the zno 540 upgrade plates with rc4wd 45t motors. Also, metal gears and all those goodies.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #57
Rock Stacker

Exclamation Re: LittleE's Low Dime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleE View Post
Banebot 390s. I think I'm going to go ahead and do the zno 540 upgrade plates with rc4wd 45t motors. Also, metal gears and all those goodies.
where did you get those banebot motors ive been looking all around thanks
LoGaN14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Default Re: LittleE's Low Dime

Now thats waking up an OLD THREAD, but hey littleE, hope your still aroiund from time-to-time. This looked to be a good little truck.
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGaN14 View Post
where did you get those banebot motors ive been looking all around thanks
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redca...uestion-2.html

Scroll down to post #25.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Reviving an old thread here, but wanted to update. I'm in college so it's been hard to work on this thing but I just dug it out of my storage back home and brought it back with me. I think I'm going to just get it back in working order. I never said before but after the new chassis, I was testing it on a pretty crazy line and it fell about 15 feet. I broke a front shock, one of my rear tire stabilizer mount things and the front motor is now seized. I need to replace the motor is the main thing. I have spare shocks and what I need to fix the wheel holder thing. So, if I have time during mid terms this week I'll get an update with pictures.