Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Trying to help my friend.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #1

Default Trying to help my friend.

This is probably a stupid question but i figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

My friend & I bought our RS10s at the same time,but for some reason when we fully charge them his will last about 20 minutes & die but mine lasts about as twice as long.. Is there anything he can do to make his battery life last longer?& we also drive pretty slow all the time so going fast every where is out of the picture.

Thanks.
JoeDirte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

call redcat..tell them the problem..they have a awsome tech team..might send him a new batt..
Kentuckcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #3

Okay thanks.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

if you are charging them on same chargers then i would definately call redcat. I get about 30 min out of my stock battery. but i am running the 540's so i think that is retty descent.
ctracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yeah, definitely try charging his battery on your charger and see if you get better results. If so, a new charger is in order, if not a new battery is the fix. I know it's beating a dead horse, but a better charger will improve things drastically. When I first got my RS10, I got maybe 15 mins of run time and after buying a charger that costs around 20 bucks my run time on the same battery was around 30-45 mins with the stock electronics and motors.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #6

I don't think it's the charger though cause we used our friends 15 minutes charger & his still didn't last long at all.. I think I'm just going to tell him to email or call redcat & see what they say.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

yeah just give them a call and let them know whats going on and im sure they will helo you out as much as they can..meantion that you just bought it...ive never had a problem with them and ive sent back a bunch of servos...they will help you im sure
Kentuckcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckcrawlers View Post
yeah just give them a call and let them know whats going on and im sure they will helo you out as much as they can..meantion that you just bought it...ive never had a problem with them and ive sent back a bunch of servos...they will help you im sure

x2. They may be the "cheapy" rigs, but customer service was awesome for me. I noticed that after I got mine in a bunch of binds and stalls that my batt life went down. May be wear on he motor commutator. Maybe check to see that the wheels spin free and there's no weeds in the bearings or hubs. I noticed really bad clod stall one day and couldn't see anything wrong with it. Started stripping it on the bench and found a weed wrapped around the stub shaft that I couldn't see until I stripped it. Ran fine afterward.
dudegetabike is offline   Reply With Quote