Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: dif battery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default dif battery

hi i have a rs10 and the battery pack it came with is shot and i got a new one its a dynamite style battery and i was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to mount it to my rig cause it wont fit in the battery tray the one it comes with does
krazycrawler888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
Jer
Rock Crawler

How many cells are in the dynamite battery? I assume it's a stick pack, how are the cells arranged? If all the batteries are arranged flat with none on top of eachother you will have to modify the stock battery tray and use some zip ties or velcro straps to secure the battery. That is the method I use in my rs10.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

there is six and they r in a stick. cool ill have too do that thank you!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Jer
Rock Crawler

I actually prefer the stick pack to the stock battery config because it put the heaviest part of the chassis components the lowest, nearly inline with the axles.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I'm not a fan of big batteries in general, whether they're stick packs or brick packs like the stock battery. Primary reason is due to the weight of them. You have to mount them low to get your COG down. An issue you might run into is if you buy an aftermarket chassis or build a custom one, you will have to re-think your battery mounting options. Personally, I have a couple of ax-10 style 6 cell saddle packs velcro strapped to my rear axle and my electronics are all mounted to my skid. Keeps the weight down really low, not to mention the packs barely weigh anything as it is so they don't weigh the rear end down. Even though I'm sacrificing run-time to use these batteries, it makes life so much easier when you try to get your COG as low as possible. When I make the jump to lipo, I also plan to buy some small packs and axle mounting them.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i just got a dif plate for the bottom of where the old battery mounted and some velcro to make it stick and it keep the COG down and last for a couple hrs works great