Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: motors for redcat rs10xt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #1

Default motors for redcat rs10xt

i've been told that the stock motors are supposilvy water prof?is that so? and are they good for going in mud and streams?wat do you think about the motors in it. i dont like how they have duel but watev. im trying to decied in getting the wheely king or the rs10xt and the wheely king is somewat fast and if i get good crawler tires for it it will climb go throuh mud and streams.
muddin cr3wlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Any brushed motor is essentially waterproof. Some people actually break-in motors running them submerged. If you do run in mud, just make sure to clean the motors after each run as leaving dirt & debris in there will kill one.

The WK is faster than the RS10-XT, but you'll need more than just tires to make the WK a crawler. At a minimum, you'll also need a smaller pinion and front/rear diff lockers.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #3

k and so which 1 would u perfer getting out of those too? and i dont want to get the wheely king then hav to upgrade and spend big bucks on it just to be as good as the rs10xt but can u put a smaller pin gear in the rs10xt to make it go faster could you do anything else other than getting better motors and is that the only thing that could kill the motor is the mud and water do you need to get some motor cleaner or somthin like that
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Cleaning your motors with motor cleaner is a good thing, especially if you're running them in mud.

You'd actually want a larger pinion for more speed out of the RS10-XT. I've not tried to make a "fast" RS10, but going with larger pinions and lower wind (lower turn) motors will make it quicker than stock.

I'm biased towards the RS10, so maybe others can chime in for that. We are offering the RS10-XT for $165.99 shipped on our website though.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #5

ok thxs
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

So basically you're wanting a faster crawler that is good for going through mud and streams and you're not really into the dual motor rigs? Sounds to me like a scaler would be a better choice for you. My suggestion is to do more research and reading on here and narrow it down a little better. You can make a RS10 fast, but you'll probably end up spending more than you'd like right away. At the very least, you'd need to upgrade the motors to something with lower turns and possibly mod the gearbox for 540 motors for more motor options.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:30 AM   #7

ya im prob going to get the crawler king and is there a fourm for the crawler king or is it under the wheely king?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I'm not entirely familiar with the crawler king, but I would imagine it's similar to the wheely king. Definitely do your research and read about several rigs before pulling the trigger and buying one. I wish I had done the same when I first got into the hobby, but I didn't and it's been a learning experience. What's your budget look like?
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
RCC Addict

^^^ agreed. DO some research before pulling the plug

same thing. friend of mines son has a crawler king, the only thing he used was the trans an axles rest is either home made or after market
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote