Notices

Thread: Antenna tube.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:22 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhite View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/2x-MG996R-Metal-...item41539bfd8c

These are the servos that I installed today along with a UBEC that I got for $10.00 shipped. The UBEC has an output of 6v at 3A, which is probably the most your gonna get out of your stock battery. I saw significant improvment over stock ! I ran the servos without the bec at first just to see if I could tell a difference in the servos from stock and I really didn't see that much change, hooked up the bec and they came to life !! So in conclusion, a bec is a must ! And I recomend these servos for the price!

Thanks for that info. I ended up selling my rs10. Did not want any problems. They make them way too cheap now. I guess like every thing else.
gates59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #22

I realize that the RS-10 is not a " compatition class crawler" but for the price compared to say a xr10 its quite reasonable. They dont have the best parts on them thats for sure. After afew upgrages they seem to be quite capable though. After all, rc cars in general, break, that just comes with the territory. Half the fun for me is upgrading and modifing, and watching your little crawler start walking right over where it would struggle before !
BWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhite View Post
I realize that the RS-10 is not a " compatition class crawler" but for the price compared to say a xr10 its quite reasonable. They dont have the best parts on them thats for sure. After afew upgrages they seem to be quite capable though. After all, rc cars in general, break, that just comes with the territory. Half the fun for me is upgrading and modifing, and watching your little crawler start walking right over where it would struggle before !
25+ years ago I had a few rc's and never once did I have to replace any parts except tires. I was not planning on going into any competitions. There is no such thing around here. I don`t think there is nothing fun about spending good money on toys that keep breaking. If your daily driver would keep breaking you would complain. I guess this sport is just not for me. I did like it though.
gates59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates59 View Post
I would like to add a bec but too bad they don't make one that is plug and play. I don't like the fact of cutting wires. Too bad they don't make them like before. They ran on extra 4 AA batteries.
Also just found this, and I know that you already got rid of yours but for anyone else out there here is a plug and play model bec
No Brainer BEC

It does look like you would have to change your battery connector, but it sounds to me like he could put whatever connector you would like, you would just have to request it.
BWhite is offline   Reply With Quote