Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: new rs10 xt steer mode not working?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default new rs10 xt steer mode not working?

new to crawing so i figured i couldnt go wrong with a $150 crawler to start. fed ex dropped it off this morn. after spending the day on the charger i took it for a spin. couldnt rigure out how to select between the steering modes. went all through the manual and cant see what im missing! lol...i mean its just the little button on the lower part of the pistol grip! i keep pushing....it keeps ignoring! lol. anyone ever experienced anything like this with RS before?? thanks Le!
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
Jer
Rock Crawler

it's a pretty tiny button located right under the steering wheel towards the front of the grip. It's oval shaped. I am a right handed Lefty Driver (steer with my left hand) and the position sucks to use that way. I just wished they would make a reversed controller.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I see what switch it is in the manual and it just doesn't seem to be doing anything! Lol. Atleast its stuck it front steering I guess!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #4

Sounds to me like a bad switch or maybe one of the wires going from the switch got pinched during assembely, I had the same problem and opened up the transmitter and the little circuit board that the button is mounted to was just not sitting the right way. I placed a dap of glue and pressed the little board into place and ,voila ! unfortunatly now the spring broke in the steering knob and it doesn't return to center. I sent an email to redcat support and explained to the tech about what happened and he said to fill out the warranty form and they would ship a tx out to me ASAP Props to the support team at Redcat ! You might just try dropping them a line.
BWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

yea their support is top notch. I called them it was faster. Might as well pick you up some servos too.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the fast responses guys. I'll give them a call today but ill have to take it apart to see if Its something I can fix before I get the new tx I'm sure! Lol. I'll post what I find and what redcat says
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

now i have a new problem....while working on the radio in the house...the front tire just ripped the yellow wire and terminal out of the front motor! grrrr this isnt looking good!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

just to put the icing on the cake i came home to my HB Rovers sitting on my front step! grrrrr must be a friday thing!!