Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Inverting the "Y" link?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Inverting the "Y" link?

Hello,
I was just wandering if some one already tried to invert the upper "Y" link to go go from a 4 links to a 3 links rig...?

I'm going to try that mod using the bat wing as a centered fixation point and if it work I would not have to create a wing eliminator .

Anny suggestions or point of vue on that possible mod??

I'll post some pictures if it works.
Big Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

i got rid of my bat wing and i personally like the bat wing for the rear because it keeps 2 points of contact towards the end of the axle. after i did the upgrade, now when my front end isnt catching traction if im climbing something one side (usually the passenger side) catches traction, goes underneath the rig causing it to want to roll back. now i think stif springs in the rear are the remedy. if i had my choice i prob have left the wing even though i hate it lol
redneckjiujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckjiujitsu View Post
i got rid of my bat wing and i personally like the bat wing for the rear because it keeps 2 points of contact towards the end of the axle. after i did the upgrade, now when my front end isnt catching traction if im climbing something one side (usually the passenger side) catches traction, goes underneath the rig causing it to want to roll back. now i think stif springs in the rear are the remedy. if i had my choice i prob have left the wing even though i hate it lol
Well isn't the bat wing attached at the same point on the axel as the wing eleminator? If so, I wouldn't see what the difference would be, no matter how far out to the ends of the wing your links are, because the wing is still attached in the center of the axel, right ?
BWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The "stock" position that the Y is in on the older RS10's is a 3 link configuration. You have 2 points of contact at the axle on the batwing, then one point of contact at the Y where the ball is...thus a 3 link. So if you flip it around it's still a 3 link setup. I don't forsee it improving the performance, but if you wanna try it, go for it. The batwings are silly and you don't see setups like that on well performing rigs.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote