Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Anybody run xr10 chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anybody run xr10 chassis?

I'm trying to get a XR10 chassis set up with my rs10 but having the most trouble...My set up is: redcat axles, losi shocks, s-shaped lower links and 30* bent uppers and 540 motors.

My problem is with the narrow chassis, the shocks (mounted to the axle) and the motors are having a fight. The motors have to get out of the way, by clocking the axle a drastic amount either way. Which is does not make sense.

Anybody have similar setup? Insight?
crawlHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Yea I have a chassis that is skinnier than the xr10 and the trick is spacing the shocks wayyy out up top and mounting them on the outside of the lower link mounts, the old bolts that mounted the upper end of the shock on the stock chassis are perfect length for the new lower bolts(I also used a spacer on the front motor side lower shock/link mount.)

Here you can see where I used the old upper shock spacers on the new chassis as they fit nicely, I wouldn't feel comfortable with them any further out than this. Another life saving tip is reusing the black redcat springs on the front losi's as they are softer and narrower. Your tires will contact the shock pretty much no matter what you do.

It's gunna take some fiddlin no matter what, but that should help ya a bit.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I've fiddled a lot but I won't give up...I believe your the top of your chassis (i.e. how far you can mount your shocks) is longer than the one I'm trying to set up. I guess I'll work on trying to get the shocks further out in length and in with.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #4

Im runnign the XR10 chassie And i can not mount the shocks to the axials , ive tried everything it just binds up.
laganm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ya, that's my problem. It's not even close for me. Are you running stock size motors or 540s?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #6

Im running the 390s, what seems to be happing to me is that the Xr10 chassie is making the lower links a v shape so its not giving the shock room to move before the motor can hits it, Im working on a something right now Ill keep you posted
Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Cool, I'd like to see how your mod comes out.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #8

right now I have mine a full droop with the stock Rs10Xt shocks, I have them all the was down on the lower link , Im using the stock rs10xt lower links by the way there the same spec as the xr10 are, and Im using axial bent lower links for a ax10 for my uppers links, it really make a huge inprovment on the cralwer im running with full comp rigs and going anywhere they go, i am just having to much flex and i think mounting the socks on the axles will help this out, Ill post some pics tonight when i get home so i can show you