Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat axles + 540 motors + ?chassis?= GREATNESS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Redcat axles + 540 motors + ?chassis?= GREATNESS

Attention all 540 swappers who have also swapped their chassis (and running shocks on axles):

1) What chassis are you using?

2) Please give some dimensions (length, width).

3) How do you like it over the stock chassis?

4) If you like, pictures are welcomed and encouraged.

*I'm trying to see which upgrade chassis are already confirmed to work well with 540 motors on the rs10. I already got one that doesn't work, so I'm not gonna take a shot in the dark the 2nd time.
crawlHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I don't run 540's, but my cobalts are basically the same can length as a novak 55t 540 motor.

1) What chassis are you using? JP Customs Hellstrom

2) Please give some dimensions (length, width). At the longest point on the chassis, it's 7 inches end to end. Edge to edge of the chassis plates at the skid is 3.5 inches. It has a skid drilled for an Axial transmission, but I like the extra width of the chassis because it spaces my shocks out away from my motors. This chassis also allows my shocks (which are 4 inches eye to eye) to mount directly to the axle housing and I have 8 different mounting holes at each shock mount on the chassis to tinker with the setup.

3) How do you like it over the stock chassis? The stock chassis is small and doesn't have many options for setup, so of course I like this one better so far. I finally had a chance to get mine on the rocks and it's WAY better than the stock chassis. I'm extremely happy with it.

4) If you like, pictures are welcomed and encouraged. Pictures are in my build thread.

Last edited by jsowens; 05-23-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Finally tested my rig on the rocks with the new chassis.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Dude sweet thread I have been waiting to post pictures of my awsome new chassis......Oh wait, I only have puny banebots....nevermind.
It usually runs fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the posts here, that is what I was lookin' for Owens. But let's get some more replies by expanding criteria:

Calling ALL chassis swappers (any motor size) >>> reply to original post so we know which chassis are confirmed to work with the rs10
crawlHTX is offline   Reply With Quote