Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Full Droop ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #1

Default Full Droop ?

Ok so im running a Full droop on my rig, i just took the external spring off, i like the way it works but I have noticed that on and sideways incline the front axle wants to twist up (kinda like a torque twist on shaftys), I have some semi droop internal spring I can try do you think running them will help out on the axle twisting on inclines,
laganm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

If you simply just removed the external spring and didn't put any kind of spring on the inside, that's likely your problem. On a full-droop setup, you should put a spring on the inside of the shock under the shock piston so when everything is assembled the shock stays compressed. If you just simply remove the external spring and have a free floating shock, you'll encounter all kinds of issues such as not being able to sidehill as well and on steep inclines your rig will "unload", which means the shocks will fully extend since there are no springs holding it down and your rig will flip over.

If you're looking to try full-droop, be prepared to do some tuning. I ran it for a while on my rig and it took several different configurations before I finally settled on a setup that I liked. My suggestion is to get a few different internal springs in different tensions and a couple different bottles of shock oil in different weights. The setup that worked best for me was a stiff-ish internal spring and 100wt oil.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #3

Im running the Xr10 frame and links, And yes That was my thought too, im going to install the internal springs under the piston tonight, I post if it makes a diff , thanks for the fast response
laganm21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

i ran droop for quite some time, i used a soft small spring and very thick oil 1000w if not mistaken. i think that is also know as differential oil. you have to look closely when your stuck in a bind and your shocks starts to unload it kinda twist the chassis and links. plus tuning is really very tricky.
bahogtubig is offline   Reply With Quote