Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Another reincarnation of my RS10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Another reincarnation of my RS10

Well, this is I think the fourth version of my little redcat, now that I built my comp Berg I've been playing around with different ideas for my RS10. This was basically a for fun kind of build based on a New Bright jeep body I picked up for 5 bucks at the local thrift store. Stock motors and speed control,(which I am surprised are still working fine) with Traxxas reciever and a Hitec 645 servo, with a carbon fiber AX10 chassis I was given, stock RS10 shocks with Losi mini t springs, sitting on some Slash 4x4 stock wheels, with a 10 1/2" wheelbase. Basically everything used on this build was stuff I had lying around or hiding in some box somewhere except for the Proline roof rack and tools which I bought to dress things up. I think I've been bitten by the scale bug, because it was fun making the bungee cords and tow straps and all that silly stuff. I'll probably have to build a comp legal scaler now! I was also given a light kit recently that I'd like to put on and also a winch would be cool. Anyway, here is how it sits as of now, who knows how long it will remain in this form! Figured all the RS10 boys would get a kick out of it, enjoy!

Oh yeah, Mr. Incredible volunteered to be my driver!

RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Nice lookin' Cat I think it's cool that you are going down the scale road. I will be keepin an eye out for the lights/winch upgrades. Nice touch with the action figure. usually see the typical guy with a helmet. I want a jeep with Jungle Recon driving... we will see.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, moa isn't really a good route to go with a scale truck but it's definitely fun to drive, I figure any work I do to the body will still be good to change it out later to a comp legal scaler down the road. Thinking about turning a Hitec 645 into a winch but not sure yet, seems like you can get a decent scale looking one for cheap enough.
RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote