Old 11-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

jesseRS10comp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseRS10comp View Post
here are some pics
looks like a good startkeep us posted htis hobby is a lot building model cars-seems nobody has ever made the bodies that you really want to use
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #7
RCC Addict

just a quick tip-if you glue some solid round stock on the inside corners it allows you to sand/file them for a little more shape-more realistic look and use flat strips of different contours and sizes to make body lines and molding
Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

thanks mate will do that for sure
Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Update mate !?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Updates coming soon just wait ;)
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Updates coming soon just wait ;)
hevent seen you round in a few days -- hope every things been ok with you
Old 12-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
first im making the body from scratch pics comming soon tonight

That is a bad ass Build you should go all the way run scx running gear and you will have one bad ass scaler, an moa is not really a scale truck!!

Last edited by Jrob; 12-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

thanks for the concern iv been busy with school will post pics tonight and i know moa its scale but i want a full interior and detail :flip off:
Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
thanks for the concern iv been busy with school will post pics tonight and i know moa its scale but i want a full interior and detail :flip off:
YOUR the one gonna be laughed at if you show up to a scale event!! trying to make a moa into a scale truck goodluck with that. you wouldnt be even allowed to run with anyone around here. Way to take advice from someone who knows scalers and has built redcat COMP rigs with 540 tekin conversions etc.... thats what you should be doing with it! Just trying to lead you to a REAL scale build but i forgot rs10's are scalers and ROCK!!! Do you know where i can Find an adapter mount for my sbc to dana60 conversion would be?? MOA BABY! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Jrob; 12-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty530crawlers View Post
YOUR the one gonna be laughed at if you show up to a scale gtg!! trying to make a cheap moa into a scale truck goodluck with that. Way to take advice from someone who knows scalers and has built redcats with 540 tekin conversions etc.... thats what you should be doing with it! Just trying to lead you to a REAL scale build but i forgot rs10's are scalers and ROCK!!! Do you know where i can Find an adapter mount for my sbc to dana60 conversion would be?? MOA BABY! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn, I guess everyone should read the appropriate scaler rulebook and find the section that says "under no circumstances can people build a scaler out of MOA axles. If they do, they will piss the gods off, people will laugh at them, then their rigs will burst into flames". Honestly man, sure it's not "scale", but if these guys want to build a "scaler" on MOA axles, who cares? They are having fun with it. If people laugh at them for showing up at a scaler gtg for it, then those wouldn't be the kind of folks I would want to be around.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:51 AM   #16
RCC Addict

i am pretty sure we are not here to be flamed at and btw, i have had people look at pics on my rig and assume it was a 1:1 with tractor axels. just because we say 1:1 doe snot mean we want to go broke building it. don;t be a jerk, if you not into rs10's move on.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
Damn, I guess everyone should read the appropriate scaler rulebook and find the section that says "under no circumstances can people build a scaler out of MOA axles. If they do, they will piss the gods off, people will laugh at them, then their rigs will burst into flames". Honestly man, sure it's not "scale", but if these guys want to build a "scaler" on MOA axles, who cares? They are having fun with it. If people laugh at them for showing up at a scaler gtg for it, then those wouldn't be the kind of folks I would want to be around.

A rs10 is a GREAT entry level crawler. Its just NOT a scale build. So no one should call it a scale build. Look on eBay cause u can get a scx roller for the same price as an rs10. And have a real scale truck. I have built rs10"s for comp rigs with 540 tekin conversions. And they stomp all over a shft driven comp rigs!!! They are NOT scale rig though. And should not be called a scale rig. We are serious where I live about our scalers, scale gtg,scale comps, rules etc, do want you want it is a free world. I was just trying to tell jesseRs10 he has a great start to a scale build and he should put a frame a shafts to make it awsome, but he can't take the facts that a Moa is NOT A SCALE TRUCK OR NEVER WILL BE. didn't say you couldn't have fun with it!!! Just was trying to give a suggestion. Since putting that much work into a styrene body on a Moa rig seems silly. BUILD A MOA INTO A COMP CRAWLER LIKE THERE SUPPOSE TO BE. when has a scale truck ever had clodstall or a MOTOR ON AXLE?? Point has been made and to the haters and to people who can accept advice and facts from people who know

Last edited by Jrob; 12-03-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #18

props for making your own body. I would never be able to do that
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty530crawlers View Post
A rs10 is a GREAT entry level crawler. Its just NOT a scale build. So no one should call it a scale build. Look on eBay cause u can get a scx roller for the same price as an rs10. And have a real scale truck. I have built rs10"s for comp rigs with 540 tekin conversions. And they stomp all over a shft driven comp rigs!!! They are NOT scale rig though. And should not be called a scale rig. We are serious where I live about our scalers, scale gtg,scale comps, rules etc, do want you want it is a free world. I was just trying to tell jesseRs10 he has a great start to a scale build and he should put a frame a shafts to make it awsome, but he can't take the facts that a Moa is NOT A SCALE TRUCK OR NEVER WILL BE. didn't say you couldn't have fun with it!!! Just was trying to give a suggestion. Since putting that much work into a styrene body on a Moa rig seems silly. BUILD A MOA INTO A COMP CRAWLER LIKE THERE SUPPOSE TO BE. when has a scale truck ever had clodstall or a MOTOR ON AXLE?? Point has been made and to the haters and to people who can accept advice and facts from people who know
I didn't claim it was a scaler. I know what a scaler is. I have one, and am in the process of building another (and before you get your feathers ruffled, yes mine are shafties and done "properly"). Bottom line is, it's pointless to come in here flaming these guys because they choose to do a build like this. As for you and your friends taking scale trucks so seriously and everything...that's awesome...good for you. Maybe these guys will eventually build their rigs into a proper scaler...maybe they won't. As long as they're having fun, I say more power to them to do what they want.

You could have very easily came in this thread and been like "good job on the body so far, but one suggestion...it's not a true scaler since it's on MOA axles, any plans in the future for putting shafty axles under it?" and it would've made you look like less of an asshat.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowens View Post
I didn't claim it was a scaler. I know what a scaler is. I have one, and am in the process of building another (and before you get your feathers ruffled, yes mine are shafties and done "properly"). Bottom line is, it's pointless to come in here flaming these guys because they choose to do a build like this. As for you and your friends taking scale trucks so seriously and everything...that's awesome...good for you. Maybe these guys will eventually build their rigs into a proper scaler...maybe they won't. As long as they're having fun, I say more power to them to do what they want.

You could have very easily came in this thread and been like "good job on the body so far, but one suggestion...it's not a true scaler since it's on MOA axles, any plans in the future for putting shafty axles under it?" and it would've made you look like less of an asshat.

Maybe you should have read the post where I did tell him his body was bad ass and he flipped me off?