Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: PLEASE HELP!! what do i need to upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #1

Default PLEASE HELP!! what do i need to upgrade

i recenty purchased a rs10 rockslide, 57 chevy p/u body, new tires, i want it to look scale as possible, i want everything metal (aluminum), differentials inside and out, servos, rollcage, i have searched even called the guy who sold it to me to try and find out where i can find hop ups for it , very hard for me to find stuff , can someone please help me with what i should do first or what needs to be upgraded and where do i get it, thanks to everyone that helps me i have been stressing out on what to do!
kroncaddycustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!! what do i need to upgrade

ZNO RC and crawford performance. i would run it for a while and get a feel for it before dropping a bunch of coin in it.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroncaddycustoms View Post
i recenty purchased a rs10 rockslide, 57 chevy p/u body, new tires, i want it to look scale as possible, i want everything metal (aluminum), differentials inside and out, servos, rollcage, i have searched even called the guy who sold it to me to try and find out where i can find hop ups for it , very hard for me to find stuff , can someone please help me with what i should do first or what needs to be upgraded and where do i get it, thanks to everyone that helps me i have been stressing out on what to do!
I think you need to be more specific on your goals for this thing. If you just say "what do I need to upgrade" you're gonna get a ton of different answers from different people. With a RS10 being a MOA rig, it's not gonna be very scale looking, but you can toss on that chevy body and some accessories and make it look alright. In my opinion, knock out upgrades like servo, metal gears in the axles (if you want them), and little things like that. Then once you accomplish that, start going for other things like a scaler chassis, scale accessories, roll cage (you'll have to build your own), etc... Saying you want "everything metal" is very vague also.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I agree with jsowens, I would do the gears an hardened pins, an definitly the servo,or servos, gonna be some what difficult to be scale being that its a moa rig, but it can look good! scale type tires,accesories,body,lights,go an read up on the tips an tricks on what we did to our rigs lot of good stuff in there .
crawlernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #5

ya i guess i should have been more specific,i would like it to look close to scale as possible, i like the fancy aluminum parts rather then plastic, i put some panther tires on it and weighted them, body is painted with the bead locks, crawls awsome but i have to have it sit pretty high so the tires dont rub, unless i cut more then i have off of my body, definitly needs lower center of gravity and to not expose all the electronis so it doesnt look so cheap, can i buy armor (covers) to hide motors and wires ect? thanks for everyones help
kroncaddycustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
RCC Addict

you could just take the stickers off the motors, they are black underneath, and put black heat shrink on the wires. there's no "armor" made for these trucks, you have to make most stuff like that, like the motor skids on my badd bug build thread in this forum
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote

PLEASE HELP!! what do i need to upgrade - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best upgrade i have ever done!!!! shooter125 Team Losi Comp Crawler 18 11-20-2011 05:20 PM
Best $50 upgrade heefageLA Redcat Crawlers 11 09-12-2011 07:12 PM
What upgrade to get??? maloney Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 03-27-2010 09:01 AM
no.1 best upgrade caljones Newbie General 12 07-20-2009 01:00 PM
What upgrade should I get? hotcrawler80 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 03-12-2009 06:55 PM