Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Great looking chassis....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Great looking chassis....

With very little work needed to make work with our RS10s. I have been lurking here for a while learning as much as I could from all of you and your builds. I have begun a new MOA build (non RS) and passed the RS on to my daughter who couldn't be happier! As I was taking measurements from my new chassis I realized that the width and link locations ARE VERY CLOSE to the stock RS link locations. You can have your shocks on the links OR on the axle. With just a drill, one could make a Diablo10xt (or insert your name here!) even with the upper tube assy... just thought some of you might like the possibilities. FWIW, you can only buy the lower chassis in black. But I happen to know that a DA and 10 minutes is all it takes to have a bare aluminum one in a hurry! I think I am going to make a set of these for my daughter's XT.

I can get any specific measurements off the plates if anyone wants them.

Name:  Diablo.n.Top.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  47.0 KB
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Great looking chassis....

Is it me or the shocks on the front one flipped one not lol??
Redcat1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcat1234 View Post
Is it me or the shocks on the front one flipped one not lol??
I saw that quite awhile ago too

One of the advantages of running MOA is a much lighter, more narrow chassis. This chassis (which has been around for quite awhile) was designed around the RC4WD transmission, which is quite wide. Also, since power transmission on an MOA takes place at the axle, aluminum isn't really required for strength and adds some unnecessary weight.

I liked the looks of this chassis when I first saw it years ago, but I would think there are better performance options out there now.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Chassis looks great for a tube chassis and I like the versatility. I could start with the RS. Then change over to shafty if I feel like it and hand the
RS over the the daughter. Hmmmmm. possibilities. Thanks for flying this one!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I saw that quite awhile ago too

One of the advantages of running MOA is a much lighter, more narrow chassis. This chassis (which has been around for quite awhile) was designed around the RC4WD transmission, which is quite wide. Also, since power transmission on an MOA takes place at the axle, aluminum isn't really required for strength and adds some unnecessary weight.

I liked the looks of this chassis when I first saw it years ago, but I would think there are better performance options out there now.
I agree 100%. There are much better MOA chassis options out there, for probably cheaper than that chassis, they just don't have the bling factor as that one does.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rc4wd, rs10xt, tube chassis

Great looking chassis.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great combo for custom chassis builders crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 6 08-27-2011 09:36 PM
great comp chassis bigboots1302 Newbie General 1 08-27-2008 03:21 PM
a great clod chassis for under 30 dollars firstumustcrawl Tamiya Clod Buster 9 08-25-2004 11:20 AM