Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat rs10 modded scaler pictures?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Redcat rs10 modded scaler pictures?

wait, why the hell is this conversation happening yet AGAIN!?!?!

The rs10 is a very capable, extremely affordable entry level crawler. It is RTR out of the box with a 2.4 Ghz radio set and is 2s ready (add an alarm).

I not only put a scale body on mine but at one point but it even had a ladder style frame under it. What do any of you really care if someone new to crawling and on a budget puts a scaler body on a MOA. Their local clubs will be the ones to decided if it can compete and most new hobbyist are not even comp minded. Just because a body resides over one set of axles today does not mean that they will be the same axles under that body in 6 months. I would have loved to been able to drop $400 on a scaler when I first got into this hobby, but I couldn't. Fact of the matter is that I could barley afford the RS10 at the time but got it as a birthday present. Starting cheap and building may have cost more in the long run, but I was able to budget the parts and still wheel as I went.

Yes, I now have a SCX10 based rig, but I also have the makings of a bad ass little tuber and narly hill climber with all the parts I have accumulated. get over your selves, congradu-the-%^$-alations, you spent a wad of money out of the box and bought a high dollar name brand RTR.

I spent a bigger wad of money over a longer period of time and built my own. You know what the most important thing out of all of that is????? We can match each other nearly trail for trail depending on the setup. That's it!!! That is all that matters, that you and I and anyone else with a hobby grade crawler can hit the trails together and have fun.

So stop judging people on how they participate in the hobby, stop worrying about how much money was spent on what parts and stop worrying about a freaking MOA with a scaler body, leave that on the points cards where it belongs. I am sick of this conversation every few months, it does not matter. IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Haters are only happy when they are hating on someone who is different than they are. He'll, sometimes they hate on those that are just like them (though they are too stupid to realize it). Then again, haters aren't known for their high levels of intelligence.
KR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

There needs to be something added to this thread title...something like...
(DIEHARD SCALERS, WARNING: DO NOT LOOK HERE IF YOU ALREADY KNOW YOU WON'T LIKE IT AND GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH! WE DONT WANT YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS!)
There...that should do it

P.s. I apologize for my half negative opinion earlier. Truth to my redcat I used to own...I was very drunk one day back when I used to drink(2 yrs sober, had the redcat the yr before I got sober) and literally stomped on it out of frustration, breaking into a few key pieces that deemed it destroyed. I didn't know anything about what was on the market at the time and could've made it into a great crawler before I got frustrated with it and swore of moa crawlers. Honestly...some of your redcats look great and wished I didn't give up on it. Keep up the great work and keep more pics of your redcat scalers coming!:thumbup:
railripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

My son 12 years old saved his money forever to buy a crawler, the RS10 was in his price range, I didn't want him to spend a bunch of money and in a few months kick it the corner and wish he bought something else, well a few months later he is very happy with it, and we just painted a Bronco body for it, star cut the foams in the tires, and looking for a cheap set of softer tires, and better shocks, it is very capable in the woods on the trails, it will do better at times than my Wraith, and my oldest son (22) SCX it gets hung up on small stuff, if my youngest keeps with it next year we may buy something better but for now he is having fun, isn't that want hobbies are about??? enjoyment?? is it scale? NO and no one said it was, but it may get him hooked and later build a scaler to knock your socks off.
This section is for RS10 if you don't like them don't look here.
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

We want to see the Blue Bronco:thumbup:
Old 03-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

here is my son Ryans Bronco
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

Oh sheesh...I don't know why I thought the bronco would be blue:confused:

Kelly H--is that an orange or copper paint job? It looks like a mix (probly the sun's influence) of both...what paint did you use?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

It is copper, lots of metal flake, it is very close to Ryans grandpas Bronco he bought new in 1974
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
My son 12 years old saved his money forever to buy a crawler, the RS10 was in his price range, I didn't want him to spend a bunch of money and in a few months kick it the corner and wish he bought something else, well a few months later he is very happy with it, and we just painted a Bronco body for it, star cut the foams in the tires, and looking for a cheap set of softer tires, and better shocks, it is very capable in the woods on the trails, it will do better at times than my Wraith, and my oldest son (22) SCX it gets hung up on small stuff, if my youngest keeps with it next year we may buy something better but for now he is having fun, isn't that want hobbies are about??? enjoyment?? is it scale? NO and no one said it was, but it may get him hooked and later build a scaler to knock your socks off.
This section is for RS10 if you don't like them don't look here.
Great story Kelly! looks like a nice hobby for you and your sons so the whole family can hang out together. That's exactly why I meant when I said some folks want a practical and capable rig, and not necessarily a "true scaler". Great looking Bronco you got there.

Also, if you see some scalers and how they look or perform (more articulation, clearance and better power/weight ratio than a 1:1), you won't see exactly counterparts like that in real life, so who says those are true scalers anyway?
2WheelFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #50
mtm
Pebble Pounder

Sorry for digging up an old thread but what scale bodies fit the rs10 the best?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
mtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #51
RCC Addict

any......

define best? about any body will require you to re-work the wheel base.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

My rs10 has been sitting on the shelf for about 6 months. This thread has me inspired to put my scx10 on the shelf and scale out the redcat.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #53
mtm
Pebble Pounder

I want to buy one. Are they worth it

- Matt
mtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtm View Post
I want to buy one. Are they worth it

- Matt
YUP! They are worth it. The redcat has a few weak points out of the box but with a few upgrades you have a very capable rig.
donny8594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #55

I think the rs10 is great! I would much rather buy the rs10 and customize and fabricate than shell out the money for an axial. Not dogging axial, I'd love to have one. But in my opinion the rs10 is a blast
Cmmcginnis86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #56

Here's my first shot at a crawler/scaler. Hayhauler 1966 Ford.

motorbreath53 is offline   Reply With Quote