Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Need some questions answered...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #1

Default Need some questions answered...

Just bought a used older rs10 off Craigslist.. Not really anything special, has a jeep Cherokee body and has had the rear servo replaced by a hi-tec HS311..

I'm more into the losi and axial crawlers, this is my first MOA and rear steer experience.. So! Couple questions..

Why does the front and rear axle wheel speed NOT match? Watched a ton of YouTube videos and it looks like all of them do it...

I also watched a couple videos on how to adjust the expenentials.. The rear servo seems to have hardly any torque And seems impossible to adjust..

We'll start with those haha thank you for any and all help
ONEtonXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Need some questions answered...

Basically your used RS has allready been modified. The wheelspeed is likely from different pinion gears on the two motors to give the rear more torque (to fight clod-stall). as for servos, I don't know the ratings on that hitec. Stock lansu has 6kg torque, most of us aim for at least 15kg of torque. More is always better
The Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #3

I'll check the gears... Maybe make a video of what all its doin
ONEtonXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
RCC Addict

That servo has plastic gears and 42oz of torque at 4.8v...so that's why it seems under powered to you. I'm pretty sure that's less than even the stock servo. For rear steer you can probably get away with a servo with a low-ish torque rating, but I'm gonna say that servo won't cut it even on rear steer. If you choose to replace it, aim for something with metal gears and at least 150 oz of torque.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote

Need some questions answered... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTTSIX SCHISM questions answered crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 6 09-28-2012 07:34 AM
Need a few questions answered for my first styrene build. adamargue Tools, and Procedures 4 12-13-2011 08:17 AM
2 simple questions...that i am sure have been answered before :( avoidsthelight 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 09-09-2010 11:59 AM
Need a few questions answered!!! Veilside159 Newbie General 7 11-27-2009 07:54 PM
Axial Questions Answered By Members calikingcrawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 01-16-2009 05:35 PM