Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Radio options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Radio options

i wanting to upgrade my radio. 2.4ghz and i am wanting to keep all my steering options. i am wanting to know what i need to look for and would like for it to have a designated button for the steering options if anyone could let me know thanks guys
SeTh_Rs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Radio options

Hi mate,

Well there are a lot of options it just depends on your price range and exactly what you want. Now the stock radio is alright but lacks in ways, so to have 4ws you'll need at least a 3ch radio. Most will work if they have a 3 positional switch. Same with working a dig or winch ect on a 3ch radio. So depending on your price range you have the traxxas tq3 with 4ws mod, you can pick one up used cheap with the mod or do it yourself or buy it brand new already modded from ckrc.com for $69 http:// https://www.ckrccrawlers.com...lled-p-37.html. Also there is spectrum they have some like the dx3e and dx3r $120+ and futaba-3pmx 4pl, 4pk but they are probably out of your price range just like me. There is also many others airtronics ect but a good option is a hacked fly sky gt3b from losikid on this forum, from$50 up to 8ch, can do dig, 4ws and just about anything go to overkill rc.com and email him or pm him on the forum, if you can't go to his thread in ratio section.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

sweet man thanks ya the spectrum little out of my price range. i was looking at Turnigy GTX3 AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System now this 3 channel now with only 3 channel is that going to allow me to put a dig if i decide to go that way. and why we are talking about electronics i am curious what these BEC are for now i use just regular batteries and have the stock electronics but am wanting a new radio obviously and was looking at the Outcry Crawler Speed Controller ESC with TurboBEC. with it having a BEC already there is something i should look into getting or just go with something without one thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

With the turnigy gtx3 I am almost 100% sure you can't use it for dig in any way. With dig there are a lot of different ways. Two esc's requiring a 4ch radio, a dual esc with a dig unit-punk dig or hey OK,or rc4wd(everybody says its rubbish) using a 3ch radio with a three position switch. I am sure that the turnigy gtx3(rebranded fly sky gt3c) does not have a three position switch so you can't use it for dig. But punk rc and heyok rc make electronics for 2ch radios to work with dig. IMO I would get a hacked gt3b from losikid so 4ws and proportional dig is possible and use with dig units. People say the best way to use dig is with 2 singles esc's and a 4 ch radio with proportional something can't think of the word. Anyways almost all 4ch you can use but us non rich people use tha hacked kit, pre hacked no mucking around and you can buy the receivers from hobby king 4,6,8 ch for it so you can run it in multiply cars. This is a big topic best to have a look in the electronics section and take a look at what people use in their-xr10 , berg, bully.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

man there is just so much out there lol alot more than i thought was put into to having these things getting alittle overwhelmed
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Yes there is a lot to choose from but you'll basicly run one of these setups for dig.

- two single escs & 4ch radio
- one dual esc, dig unit & 3ch radio/w 3 position switch
- one single esc running motors in parallel, dig unit & 3 ch/w 3 position switch
- Novak dig esc & 3ch radio/w 3 positional switch

4ch radio
-hacked fly sky gt3b-$75 gt3c-$100
-futaba 4pl-$210
-futaba 4pk-$400
-airtronics mt4-$300
Many more mainly used

3ch radio/w 3 positional switch
- traxxas tq3 modded-$70
- spektrum dx3e-$150
- airtronics mxv $130
- futaba 3pmx $150
- spektrum dx3c $160
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Alright ya I will have to look I am wanting to stay simple as possible lol if I go with dig I will probably be able to just delete the 4 wheel steer and that might make it allot more simple
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Definatly look into the flysky gt3b , i just ordered one for 44$ shipped from hobby partz.
Tons of mods and hacks for it , and great reviews all around. Best deal in rc electronics.
G's ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

That is what everyone is telling me to get just don't know if I will be able to mod it lol they said a guy on here by the name losikid will do it but tanks like 3 weeks lol
Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeTh_Rs10 View Post
That is what everyone is telling me to get just don't know if I will be able to mod it lol they said a guy on here by the name losikid will do it but tanks like 3 weeks lol
Ya more than likely I'll only be doing the lipo mod myself. I'll wait till the snow hits here in Reno and then send it out for like 40$ and have the master mod package done on it. I plan on building another rig or 2 maybe even another boat so it will be nice to have a pimpin radio to use for all ! And extra receivers are only like 10$ too.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

ya thats the plus side i just bought a venom creeper off of here and i am planning on doing a scale build and would like to be able to use one radio for all my rcs
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeTh_Rs10 View Post
ya thats the plus side i just bought a venom creeper off of here and i am planning on doing a scale build and would like to be able to use one radio for all my rcs
Right on man , a buddy at work has a venom. Does pretty well for a stock rig. Although he did jb weld the locker in the rear.

Radio options - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What radio to get that has the best options whjdm069 Electronics 11 11-05-2011 12:52 PM
radio options Wicked_Jester Electronics 4 05-02-2008 06:04 AM
6CH radio with options... C.O.Crawler Electronics 3 03-22-2008 03:40 PM
what radio so many options e-maxxcrawl Electronics 12 07-29-2005 09:40 AM
4 channel radio options asm1 Electronics 4 07-03-2005 02:12 PM