Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Can i use my stock Rx with a flysky gt3b

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Can i use my stock Rx with a flysky gt3b

hey guys,

i found a GT3B Tx on ebay that has had its firmware upgraded (dunno what version) but it doesnt come with a Rx. can i use the stock 3ch lansu rx that comes with the rs10 or will i need to buy a compatible Rx?

can i use it to do throttle mixing and dig on a 3ch Rx? would i need an external dig unit and a larger capacity Rx, or does it work by digging through the speedy's?

how hard is to setup throttle mixing? i understand this can be help to eliminate some of the clodstall when climbing up steep inclines...

do i need 2 top quality esc's or will 2 cheap chinese ones do for now (until i can afford to upgrade in the future)?

cheers for the advice guys

David
d_j_stockton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Can i use my stock Rx with a flysky gt3b

Firstly I just got your pm lol. Now you can not have throttl mixing ( dual esc mixing) on a 3ch radio except for the futaba 3pk and besides that you have to have a 4ch radio with mixing capablities for dual esc. So thats big bucks the cheapest being a modded flysky gt3b or gt3c that you can buy already hacked or diy hack kit. The rest are $240 plus for a futaba 4pl, aitronics ect.

Actually didn't realise the hack bit until I saw the pm and sent you the one saying that it must be hacked ahhh Smart Me.

Last edited by pajey; 01-22-2013 at 02:45 AM.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
RCC Addict

For dig with a dig unit you need a 3ch radio with 3 postion switch. So a switch that has on-off-on. With your radio it does not have this but HeyOk electronics sell a dig unit that is capable for a 3ch 2 pos radio definatly have a look I'll be buying from them soon and they are very helpful and friendly. Besides that to get full capability out of your dig you will need a radio with a 3 pos switch.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I don't think the lansu reciever would work as most companies only make there radios compatable with their own recievers. But hobbyking sell there own revievers that will work with the radio and they're pretty cheap.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Buy a flysky rx , I got a couple from hobbypartz , like 7$ ea. If I were you , even though your gt3b is already hacked I'd still buy the stv programmer (25$) so you can update firmware . I got about 100$ total in my setup ( tx / hack kit / vr mod / bearing mod / 2 rx's ) and I got all the dig and proportional dig / mixing the top dollar radios have.
You might be Able to use the stock gt3b for one motor dig ( front or rear motor only ) The 3channel button is 2 way. If you plug your servo into the 3rd channel you will see it will instantly move to one side and stay there , then hit the 3rd channel button it goes to the other side and stays there. A DIY radio shack dig would work in that case . Just have it lock the back tires for front wheel dig would be best.

Last edited by G's ^; 01-24-2013 at 12:59 AM.
G's ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the advice guy's, found out the firmware version is 0.4.1 found to try this out with dual axial ae-2 esc's and go from there
d_j_stockton is offline   Reply With Quote

Can i use my stock Rx with a flysky gt3b - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky gt3b with stock ESC acesal Redcat Crawlers 21 11-29-2011 10:27 PM
flysky gt3b EMUTT Electronics 14 09-07-2011 11:13 AM