Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat Everest 10 takes on Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2016, 07:37 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up Redcat Everest 10 takes on Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy*

I received my Redcat Everest 10 from Amazon on Friday evening. Like a kid at Christmas, I was excited to see it sitting on my porch when I got home from work. I immediately opened the box, switched the ESC connector to an XT60, and planned on hitting my favorite RC park the next day.

Saturday afternoon I arrived at Sorrento RC park. If you are anywhere near the Richmond, Fredericksburg or DC area, the park is worth the trip. They are located at 272 Rosa Bran Rd, Kinsale, Va 22488. Three race tracks, crawler course, FPV quadcopter area and you can even bring your boats! Check them out on Facebook or at SorrentoRCpark.

I threw a battery in the E10 and jumped right in.

Within the first few feet, I realize how bad the stock tires are. First thing I will do when I get home is pull the foam out of the tires.

The good news is that the throttle was butter smooth. The motor and esc felt great. The drag brake was nice, held the truck wherever I needed it.

There are times when I loved the big wide tires. It made certain aspects of the course easy to navigate.

The big slide down is fun. No grip, just one big slide down.

Halfway through the course I'm just relieved that everything is still intact. The servo is terrible, but that's to be expected. The turning radius is HORRIBLE. I believe I've read some fixes for that, so it's a must do modification.

On top we go!

Tough climb in stock form.

Down the other side.

Inside we go!

At this point in the course, I stopped to check the truck out. Motor, esc and servo staying cool.

I had a blast at Sorrento and can't wait to get back there next weekend. The owner is an awesome guy and plans to expand the crawler course in the near future. I'm really looking forward to it. The only mistake I made was not bringing some of my go fast stuff so I could run on the tracks. Oh well, next time!

There is also an onsite "hangar" which will be a future hobby shop. There is plenty of area to wrench on your vehicles with power available for charging up batteries. It's a great place to make a day, or an entire weekend.

My Redcat will be a totally different trick by next weekend. I love the challenge of taking a cheap rig and turning it into something that performs well. That's the best part of this hobby.
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Redcat Everest 10 takes on Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy*

Looks like a fun little course. Did you make through all the obstacles in stock form? If so, it probably won't be much challenge after upgrading your rig.

The E10 can be turned into a very high performing rig with the right mods. The AX10 scorpion threads (and SCX10 threads to a slightly lesser degree) are very helpful for ideas on how to improve performance. You probably need a little more creativity to do so than with the axial rigs as the main upgrades that were designed for this platform just swap plastic parts for aluminum. Nice for durability, but it does little to increase performance. In order to increase performance you often will have to make your own stuff or modify parts meant for other rigs. It might be more work, but I think tinkering with things is half of the fun in this hobby .
Smokin' Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everest, redcat, sorrento

Redcat Everest 10 takes on Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat Everest 10 shanemcc Redcat Crawlers 7 11-29-2018 07:09 PM
Redcat Everest-16 Zad2k Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 04-29-2016 09:41 PM
Redcat Everest 16 thenova70ss Redcat Crawlers 0 03-08-2016 12:33 PM
Redcat Everest 16 sled General Crawlers 4 10-01-2015 10:56 PM