RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/)
-   -   Everest 10 to TCS X-Trail chassis (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/redcat-crawlers/570221-everest-10-tcs-x-trail-chassis.html)

TIME MACHINE 08-29-2016 06:55 AM

Everest 10 to TCS X-Trail chassis

I'm almost ready to order the TCS X-Trail chassis for my Everest. I will surely need lots of advice and help along the way.

The website says that the hardware needs to be purchased separately, but it is out of stock.

TCS Crawlers X-Trail Hardware Kit

Do I need the hardware? I have some stainless hardware kits for various vehicles, will this suffice? I just don't want to have to chase down hardware if I can help it.

It's my understanding that SCX10 frame rails will work also, so maybe I better see what price I can find those for. Whatever the case, I want to be sure I'm on the right track.

TIME MACHINE 08-29-2016 06:58 AM

Re: Everest 10 to TCS X-Trail chassis

Now that I look at the link I posted, I see that all of the screw types are listed. I guess I should have paid attention.

Other than the hardware, I guess the only thing listed is internal shock springs. Would I need to find these, or are the exclusively for the AX-10?

hillbillyrc 08-29-2016 11:13 AM

A shorter shock would help as the E10 shocks are on the long side.

TIME MACHINE 08-29-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbillyrc (Post 5556297)
A shorter shock would help as the E10 shocks are on the long side.

That's good advice. I think I read 100mm works well, so I might to grab some on eBay.

rsb5772 09-09-2016 12:38 AM

Your going to need links, or fab your own, along with crossmembers. I started swapping my e10 parts to that chassis, but needed too many other odds and ends to complete it.

the_law_man01 09-10-2016 11:28 AM

Anything from 90mm to 100mm shocks should be fine. Kind of depends on what ride height and suspension travel you want. Internal spring shocks can be purchased in various lengths from various companies. Ebay is a good place to look as well as aliexpress and others. With ebay you might be able to find a US shipper. If you're trying to stay on the cheap and don't want to buy "brand x" to avoid the prices, that's your best bet. Otherwise, you'll be waiting a month for parts to arrive.

What did you expect? I'm a newbie!

Jeepiac 09-11-2016 12:35 AM

You'll be able to use most of E10 hardware. I bought a Dynamite bolt kit for a Slash to finish off the conversion. If you are going with 1.9's 95-100 mm shocks are the ticket. Also the E 10 skid is wider than a SCX10 skid, and its not designed to allow the lower links to mount inside the frame rails. You can use a SCX skid and re-drill it for the E 10 tranny or mount the lower links on the outside of the chassis and live with the little bit of axle swing you'll get when the suspension is compressed. Any more questions? there's a few threads on here that address E 10 conversions to scalers.